• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November 2014 IUI - Looking for buddies

Oh how frustrating!! I'm sorry you have to sit out again - skipping months can really suck sometimes.

So, I decided I was till going to temp and use opks for a few months while I'm on my little hiatus. In the past I'd get my +opk but then I wouldn't see a temp spike for sometimes 4 days after that! I was worried that we were inseminating too early. So I figured if I tracked it then perhaps I'd know that, on average, my temp spike occurs x days after the +opk and maybe I should do the IUI two days later instead of one, for example. Anyway - this month.. +opk on Monday, temp dip on Tuesday, temp spike today. Are you freaking kidding me?! I skip a month and get a perfect little temp pattern?! grrrrrr!

Anyway.. nothing new to report for me. We're still waiting to hear to schedule the fire inspection and home study. We did buy a stroller/car seat combo and refurbished a changing table last weekend. That was fun/surreal.

Happy new year, everyone! Cheers to 2015!

I am probably around six days after ovulation. Unfortunately we had to sit this cycle out due to holidays and clinic being closed. I just checked out calendar and If we don't get a positive this month we have to sit out next month too due to a business trip my husband has to take. So annoyed.

Also, we are totally sick this New Years. Head colds and pink eye .... This is crazy lol. Happy new year everyone

Myshelsong- SO sorry! I know how you feel and it is so frustrating..sounds like we are kinda in the same boat.. I just hope we don't miss are next chance or I will be really upset lol.. I hope you both start feeling better and I am sorry you are sick on new years.

Mhankins - sorry to hear this. Hang in there and stay positive.

Savasanna - hopefully they contact you soon @ fire inspection. We have not gone shopping yet for anything. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Myshelsong - sorry to hear you have to sit out your next cycle and that both of you were sick.

AFM - I was not feeling to hip on new years eve ...so of course i stayed home on the couch.

Happy New Years Ladies!

Happy New Year, everyone! Our home study is scheduled for Friday and Monday. The licensing worker said she's impressed with how quickly we got everything together and that she'll give the fire marshall a nudge to let them know we're motivated. I don't want to jinx anything but I think it's looking like our goal to be licensed by the end of February might actually happen! Woot woot!

Good luck Savasanna that is very exciting. Hoping this happens fast for you!

Happy New Year, everyone! Our home study is scheduled for Friday and Monday. The licensing worker said she's impressed with how quickly we got everything together and that she'll give the fire marshall a nudge to let them know we're motivated. I don't want to jinx anything but I think it's looking like our goal to be licensed by the end of February might actually happen! Woot woot!

Good Luck Savasanna!!! I got my FX for you.

GOOD LUCK!!! Hope everything goes smoothly and it all happens quickly!

THANK YOU, everyone! So nice to still be accepted in this group, even though our paths have split ever so slightly. I'll be sure to update you after tomorrow's visit. All I know is that my house hasn't been this clean in a while! haha

Hey Ladies. I hope everyone had a great holiday and a good New Year. I truly believe that this year is going to be a good one for all of us (even though it hasn't started that way for me)!

Savasanna - Congratulations. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. I am sure everything will go smoothly, but still can't imagine how nervous you must be! Keep us posted.
Mhankins - How was your trip? Hopefully you were able to have a nice relaxing time! Sorry that you have to sit another cycle out. But I have my fingers crossed for Feb for you.
Myshelsong - Sorry you also had to sit a month out. My clinic will only do medicated IUI cycles every other month. They say your body needs a rest from the medication and that there could be some left over...not sure how true that is...hahaha. Hopefully timing works out, so if you don't get a positive this cycle, you can still do IUI next cycle. Have you asked your clinic if your hubby can give the sample there? I think that may make a difference, since it wont be exposed to the cold and other elements during the drive and delivery.
Soontobemaman - Welcome to our group! You must be in your TWW? How is everything going so far?
Want1Too: How is everything going with you?

I think I got everyone!!

I haven't been on lately due to the holiday and I have also not been doing great. I started spotting on Dec 27. (TMI - it was dark brown and was never heavy enough to be seen on pad, only on TP after wiping). It continued on like this on and off for about a week. I called my clinic, but they were closed for most of the break. They did call me back and told me unless it got worse, it should be nothing to worry about. Anyways, I started to get upper back pain, and convinced myself I was having an ectopic, so Monday (Jan 5) I called in sick to work and then called my clinic to ask to have the ultrasound that day (I was scheduled for yesterday originally, but didn't want to wait). So, I went for the ultrasound (external and internal) on Monday when I was 8 weeks, everything appeared to be good. No ectopic, 1 sac and we saw the heartbeat, Tech said it was 150bpm, and I thought that sounds great for 8 weeks. Then she started to measure. She mentioned she was having a hard time, and measured where she thought "the baby started"... We met with the doctor after, and he says that the baby and sac are measuring 6 weeks 4 days. Obviously he says that is not good and the outcome is most likely miscarriage, since they know our dates and they don't like to see anything measuring less than 1 week. So he has prepared us for the worse, even though he has seen it happen where the baby catches up, but its not that common... I go for a follow up next Wednesday.

So since Monday, I have been googling like mad and trying to stay optimistic, but at the same time realistic. I have stopped spotting and my back has felt a lot better. I am get random aches and cramps, but nothing extreme...

What I don't understand is, isn't 150bpm high for a baby measuring 6.5weeks? I am hoping that since the tech was having a hard time, she just measured wrong and when I go next week everything is fine. At the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up to be crushed next week.

Ohhh.. Loving! :hugs: How much I hate the limbo of this all!

I agree - 150bpm does sound strong if a miscarriage is right on the horizon.. although I must admit that I don't know all too much about that as I've never made it that far in a pregnancy. I DO know that I've read stories on here of women who were measuring behind and then the baby suddenly "caught up", so to speak. Next Wednesday must feel like a lifetime away to you right now! I will cross everything I can for you that there is a positive outcome and this will just be the story about that one time when your little one gave you quite a scare.

At 6.5 weeks my little persons heart rate was 110bpm, at 8 weeks if was 172. I see all the time women who measure behind at one appointment and then measure right in or ahead at the next appointment. Don't worry yourself too much as worrying only causes extra stress on you and baby

LovingMyLife- I have everything crossed for you and hope you get good news. I don't know much about that time in pregnancy either but try not to google things! That is the worst! lol.. I did it today... Trying to pay a medical bill for that test I had..the name is escaping me right now.. with the xray and ultrasound of my uterus.. I saw notes from that day where the doctor said possible sign of a bicornuate uterus....I don't remember him mentioning this to me.. Of course I googled it and I am now questioning if this is the right path for us.. It says a bicornuate uterus is usually considered a high risk pregnancy, often leads to miscarriages, deformity, and premature babies. So now I am worried... Darn it! I have an appointment on Monday for an ovary check so I think I will ask about it then.

My trip was nice...went quick and felt like I didn't get to do things or see people I wanted to..I don't know where time went.. Hubby and I did make a sudden trip to Disney though, that was nice...although it made us think more and more about having a family...we used to go to disney all the time when we first started dating and while we lived in Florida..we always talked about how we can't wait to bring our kids there...

I hope this is a great year for us all! I am excited to see what this year brings.

First test of the new year is negative.
Feeling down, but going to make it through.
Having family here tomorrow, hoping that will keep my mind off of this hell.
Talking with the nurse next week, thinking we will be skipping this cycle due to timing. Should be good having a month off of hormones.

So sorry Myshelsong! Hopefully the family will help take you mind of things..it helped me.. Maybe taking a break will be good for you and it is what you need.. Fingers still crossed for you whenever you decide to try again!

So sorry Mysh! Glad you'll have your family with you tomorrow for some support. :hugs: to you!

Entire extended family cancelled.
Oh well best to just suffer through right!? At least my parents didn't cancel on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->