• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November 2014 IUI - Looking for buddies

I hear that! This weekend is my wife's birthday AND THEN Thanksgiving - I'm excited and I'm trying to focus on that instead of the waiting game.

Basically, I'm trying to get through today. Festivities start tomorrow after work. So obviously - today is draaaaaaaging!

Happy Birthday to your wife!

I still feel very bloated and crampy...like I am about to start my period.. is that normal? I also had some very very light spotting today but I think that may be normal after the IUI?

Savasanna - Early Happy B-Day to wifey!!!
Good Luck tomorrow... FX!

Mhankins - yes that's normal @ crampy and bloated. I still have both of those symptoms. I think that is normal too @ spotting

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, not sure of all the abbreviations yet? DH? BFN? :)

Anyway, I've done 2 rounds of Follistem shots, Ovidrel and had 2 IUI's. The shots were easy to do, so please don't worry. My first round I used HcG, now that was a longer needle and had to have help to administer this, otherwise it wasn't too bad. The Ovidrel was one I could do myself like the Follistem.

My second IUI was on 11/9, with scheduled pregnancy blood test for this Friday 11/21. Started the progesterone suppository after the IUI; 2/day, yuck by the way. Unfortunately, I'm starting my period again today. So pretty disappointed.
It's lighter, so I'm actually not sure if I should still do the progesterone and it's too late to call the clinic.
Anyone have ideas on this? I'm trying not to get too emotional over this but its hard.
Any ideas would help.

Good luck to everyone on your own journey through this process.

Hello hopeful, sorry to hear about your cycle starting today. I was instructed with my progesterone to discontinue use once my cycle starts. But your instructions may have been different.

I had the most crazy vivid dream last night, has anyone else had strange dreams while taking fertility medication?

Happy birthday to your wife!

Beta #1 at 4 weeks 1 day - doctor said the average is about 50, mine came back at 600. She started me on progesterone suppositories and now I'm cramping pretty bad

Cramping is totally normal! It's just your uterus growing and stretching! Yay!

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to pass on all the well wishes when I see her this evening! :flower:

Myshelsong - yes! I've been having crazy vivid dreams! I've read clomid can do that to you. I'm starting to blame EVERYTHING on clomid. That drug is a crazy little pill!

Hopeful - :hello: Welcome! I'm sorry to hear your cycle is restarting. Will you be planning another IUI for December? As for the abbreviations - they may seem silly at first, but they're actually pretty convenient. There's only so many times you can type out ovulation predictor kit. haha. Here's an extremely comprehensive list of all the abbreviations if you ever get stuck: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

But to answer your question: DH is dear husband and BFN means big fat negative (as in, on a pregnancy test) :)

I had another crazy dream about buying turkeys .... We already had thanksgiving so not sure why I am dreaming about mad Turkey shoping at Sobeys!

Going to finish painting that room today, should be lots of fun. Hope the roads are clear when I get out there.

The abbreviations are crazy I agree go to that link to get the download there are just too many to go through in one post. But in my head anytime I read BFN I think big F@&$ing negative....

Savasanna - Happy birthday to your wife.
Jrepp - Wow, thats a great number for 4 weeks!
Hopeful - Welcome! Sorry to hear about your cycle starting. This is my first IUI, so I can only imagine how it would feel. Hopefully you can reach your clinic today to find out about the progesterone. I have never been on it, so I am not much help.
Myshelsong - I tend to have random vivid dreams, so its hard for me to tell if its the meds or not. But :haha: at the turkey dream!!

So my follicles are still being stubborn. I've been going for blood and ultrasound everyday for the past 4 days! I finally have 1 @ 17mm, 1 @ 13mm, and 2 @12ish. The smaller ones seemed to have backed down, so they are no longer worried about too many. I was told that they would cancel my cycle if they have more than 4 mature follicles, so it seems like I am in the clear. I have another bloodwork tomorrow, and then (fingers crossed) final blood and ultrasound on Saturday. If everything looks good, I will trigger Sat and have IUI on Monday!!! Now I am just hoping the large one doesn't pop between now and then, but that is why they are going to continue the blood so they will be able to detect a LH surge.

This has been a lot more draining that I thought it would be. DH has been having a stressful week at work, so maybe that's making it feel so much longer! I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Hello Hopeful! I am sorry your cycle has restarted as well :(

Lovingmylife- Im glad that your not getting your cycle cancelled! And I hope everything goes smoothly! Sorry about your hubby and work!

I go monday for my Progesterone test... I really don't want to do those meds..but what ever is necessary!

Myshelsong- I like you version on BFN haha.. I tend to make some up too when I am reading lol.

I read most of the acronyms as their letters. BFN = "Bee Eff Enn". I rarely think about what they're actually standing for. haha.

Hi Hopeful - Welcome!!!
I dont know all the abbreviations either.
I think DH = dear husband
BFN = Big Fat Negative (used when testing)

Wow your the first person who actually took follistim like me. I took follistim + low dose hcg + ovidel + IUI. I am now doing the progesterone vaginal suppository...not cute at all ladies. Sorry to hear your AF (Aunt Flow) is showing her face. Are you sure its your period and not implantation bleeding? I would definitely call the clinic. If you don't get a hold of clinic, your blood work is tomorrow so it doesn't hurt to still take progesterone. However if you doctor said stop once your cycle starts ... then stats a different story. Good Luck! I hope its just implantation bleeding since its light. (but I am no expert)

Myshelsong - No, I have not had any vivid dream while taking meds.

Jrepp - Congratulations!!!
My 1st Beta (2wks past IUI) was only 280 and yours is 600 @ 4wks ...awesome!!!! I was told as long as its over 25 your pregnant. Those darn suppositories are no fun. TMI moment.. they make me gassy. ugh. Glad I take them before bed. The cramping is normal nothing to worry about there.

Savasanna - Tell your wife "happy birthday!"
Maybe its just clomid that causes these vivid dreams cause follistim did not for me anyway.

Loving - So your follicles don't look bad at all. I was told they just need them to get to 18mm. So your definitely close with 17, 13, just need 1 of the 12s to catch up. Looks like your getting your IUI doll. Good Luck with blood work tomorrow. FX for you! Does your doctor do IUI over weekend? Yes, this journey is very draining. I hope you get the positive news you deserve so you can have a relaxing weekend. Tell your hubby to hang in there just one more day.

Mhankins - How are you feeling today?

Hello again want1too! Hehe

I am feeling rather normal today I suppose lol.. still cramping off and on..sometimes they are pretty strong but they go away..I also had a little bit more spotting seemed like a little more than yesterday.. I am just assuming that is all normal :)

I have also been nauseous off and on as well.. I'm working that up to the Clomid

Probably is.. as I've said - I chaulk almost everything up to clomid. haha.

You guys are all so sweet! I passed on all your well wishes to the wife. :)

AFM - just thanking the lucky stars that today is FINALLY Friday! Birthday weekend! Time for opks! IUI and Thanksgiving next week! BRING IT! haha.

Oh.. Also.. is anyone else here doing acupuncture? I got some crraaaazzzyyy herbs and supplements during my last visit. Woah.. The things we do..

I haven't done it..sounds neat.. I read a lot of people do it though.. Hope it works for you! YaY birthday weekend! Lots to look forward to this upcoming week :)

I did accupuncture this summer for stress relief. I loved it to bits, so calming. I never did the different herbs though ... Wish I did, sounds interesting.

Hubby is coming home after a week on a work trip. Excited to see him and have a relaxing weekend together. I was hoping we could do Christmas shopping today but I just realized it is not Black Friday LOL so that will have to wait until next week. I blame TV all of my sitcoms we're having Thanksgiving specials this week so I just assumed it was Thanksgiving in the states this Thursday. Oh well.

On a side note I haven't really had any side effects to the drugs however today my right ovary feels like it is bursting. It will be interesting to see on Monday if I have grown any more follicles or how my current follicles have reacted to this Femara. The wait is killing me.

How is everyone's TWW going?

Mhankins - Yes, its me again!!! lol.
All your symptoms are sounding promising.

Savasanna - Yes! TGIF!!!! I am on staycation for the next 2 wks. Hubby and I were going to Texas for a little over a week but with us being monitored - he canceled that trip. I have never done acupuncture, probably because i am scared as he** of needles. I know other people who have done it and saids its very relaxing.

Myshelsong - Girl... Thanksgiving is next week. The way these commercials and radio stations be acting, you would think its xmas. All this christmas music. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving and the BF....shopping. I go on Monday for u/s.

I am hoping they are symptoms but I feel it is too early for that... I am still bloated and on and off nauseous haha.. think it is my head playing games with me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->