• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November 2014 IUI - Looking for buddies

Still neg for me this morning. I had a feeling I was going to end up with a Thanksgiving IUI. haha.

Finally got my labs back. My AMH levels are 4.6. Dr. Google says that puts me in the "high" category - especially because I'm 32 years old.

Sooo.. FSH is normal, AMH is high, Progesterone says I'm ovulating - why the heck am I not pregnant?! Just have to be patient, I guess.

Savasana - I have had perfect results with every test and it has been 3.5 years since we started TTC. I know how annoying to is having no answer whatsoever. Hoping this IUI works out for us! Hoping for a turkey baby:)

U.S. today showed two follicles growing on the right side at 14 & 16mm. Multiple on the left but doubt they will keep getting better. Here's to hoping that we get two large follicles for the IUI this week! Hoping for a Friday trigger and a Saturday IUI!!!!!! WOOT woot baby making

Thanks ladies. I am already going crazy and I am only 1 day in!

Want1Too - I am pretty sure that was the number after the wash. I hope the spotting stops. I can imagine it being quite stressful. :hugs: Was this your first iui? Did you say how many follicles you had? I am nervous about multiples, but I would rather that than nothing at all.

Mhankins - It is standard at my clinic to go on progesterone after iui's. I start tomorrow and she said to continue until 17DPO, which is when I go in for my next bloods.

Myshelsong & Savasanna - Seems like you too will be ready to go any day now! I am not sure what AMH is for, but like Myshelsong said, even when everything comes back good and normal, it can still take time.

OK ladies, I need opinions!

So.. I said I wasn't going to but I was curious so I took another opk this evening after work. It came back positive. So I'm assuming that tomorrow morning's will be positive as well. The question is: Do I say I got the +opk today and get the IUI tomorrow, or do I pretend I never saw that smiley face this evening and count tomorrow morning's opk as my + and get the IUI on Thanksgiving?

I'm sure your initial response would be to just get it done tomorrow, but I have some reservations. First off - when I used to track my bbt I wouldn't see a rise until sometimes 4 days after my first +opk. So I have some back of the head concerns that I've been inseminating too early to begin with. Also, since I'm using frozen sperm, the little swimmers don't live as long. So, if I inseminate tomorrow, I'm worried that will be too early.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait, get the + tomorrow morning (as planned) and then have my IUI on Thanksgiving morning. It'll probably be sometime around 8am so it'll be early. Theoretically you ovulate 24-36 hours after your +opk (again, I question whether I'm actually 48 hours later..) so even if it were earlier I still wouldn't be ovulating until late tomorrow. Egg lives for 24 hours so a Thursday morning insemination would be smack dab in the middle of that.

Is any of this making sense? Ugh! I wish I hadn't taken that test now!! What should I do?

Savasanna - Your #s look good. Any day now love! :hugs:
Well if you know that in previous tries or testing you feel you have been too early. I say wait until tomorrow test and do IUI Thanksgiving dayy early in the AM. Sorry this might be a stupid question but want to ask please. Do you get one tube of sperm? if so, can splitting up the sperm and doing 2 IUI be an option? I am sorry if I am sounding dumb.

Myshelsong - Follicle size looks good. Yeah they normally want you to have 1-3 for IUI. Looks like your on your way! FX! :hugs:

Loving - Those are awesome #s! Thanks doll. Yes, very scary but got reassurance from doctor that I am okay regarding bleeding.
Yes, this was my first IUI ever. I did have 2 IUI back to back to increase our chances. Which it looks like it worked. I had 3 follicles at time of IUIs. I am very nervous about having twins too, however that 10-20% chance, we are in that percentage based on u/s but will know 100% next Monday. Exciting but really scary. But I will take them both!! :baby::baby:

I did start progesterone suppositories the next day after IUI and I was told yesterday i will be on them throughout my 1st trimester.

Not dumb at all! I did only get one vial this month - we decided we had to drop down to one IUI instead of two to save money.

But, I think I'm going to do as you say. Get tomorrow's positive, give them a call and plan on an IUI Thanksgiving morning. It'll most likely be at 8am so it'll be early early. Hey - maybe this is great news and will mean perfect timing! Eek!

You know your body better than anyone, so if you believe you wind ovulate until thanksgiving I say wait until thanksgiving to do it.

It is so exciting to see so many positive results. Fingers crossed this is a lucky thread!!!

I do know my body.. but it's so hard to stop second guessing yourself! In any event - I feel good about this decision. Going to call to schedule my appointment as soon as the office opens!

Ack! Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only two days my obgyn doesn't do any appointments! They're going to try to get me in today instead.. :(

ETA: Whew! That was a turn of events! So they called me back and tried to convince me to do a Friday morning IUI instead saying "that would be the best time". I question whether they meant the best time for them, or myself.. I can't help but think that Friday would be way too late - especially because I did technically get a + yesterday at 5. So, I said I was travelling and they gave me a 3:00 appointment this afternoon. I hope that was the right choice!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Ladies!!!

Savasanna - oh okay, nothing wrong with saving money especially around the holidays. I think you will be fine doll, especially if you got a positive yesterday and today. Keep in mind sperm hangs around for a couple days. Yeah!! So excited for you today. IUI here she comes!! Now make sure you lay there as long as they will let you. FX and Good Luck! :hugs: I am glad you held your ground on them trying to make it about them and not about U. Sending baby dust you way love.
:dust:

Ladies its our month! Let's do this!

Savasana- Good luck on the IUI today! I know frozen doesn't last as long but remember they are already in the uterus so it is way better than normal I would think. Happy thoughts for you.

Just had my US and I have 3 follicles growing on the right ovary. They are 12, 15 and 17 already! Lining is coming along well and it will be any day. Hoping I trigger on Friday and IUI on Saturday

Savasanna - I think you did the right thing. You know your body the best, but I am happy you were able to get in today instead of waiting until Friday! Excited to have you in the TWW with me.

Myshelsong - Follicles look good. My clinic does IUI 36 hours after trigger. So if you trigger Fri, IUI would be on Sunday. Are you doing back to back? My clinic doesn't offer that, and my doc said it doesn't increase your odds any (although, Want1Too might beg to differ!)

I am having a few cramps today, but nothing major. I had a little bit of spotting today, but so little I would have missed it if I wasn't looking. I also had EWCM this morning @ 2DPIUI. I was quite shocked, as normally after O for me, it clears up very fast. Has anyone else had this?

On a similar note, my chart is showing I O'd the day before IUI. I am hoping its wrong though, as my blood on Saturday indicated I didn't have an LH surge, so I think it would be weird to ovulate 1 day after no detected blood LH surge. I think these next couple weeks are going to drag and make me go crazy!! :wacko:

Hi loving – last month was my first month being monitored and having all the blood work done and I found out I ovulate one day after my temp jump. I thought it was crazy but My follicle was still there on the ultrasound, so I think it is safe to say that it is possible that you didn't ovulate until after the temp jump. Wishing you lots of luck!

Hubby's little men are in good numbers so we are only doing one IUI. They said if it was low they would do two. Hopefully when we bring in the specimen it will be of the same quality.

Welcome to the tww! FX!!!

Hope you guys have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Thanks Myshelsong. I was hoping they would do 1 final blood and ultrasound on the actual day of IUI. I always wondered if I was ovulating later than it was showing on FF. As much as we tried to time BD around ovulation, its hard as I have PCOS and unpredictable cycles. So maybe one of our problems was timing, as we tend to stop the day after I got my first +opk...

Mhankins - How are you doing? Are you going to test or wait until you go for b/w?

Hey LovingMyLife... I am a little nauseous and crampy again... IDK if this this a good sign or in my head or what hahaa... I am going to try not to test. I feel like as I do I will get AF lol... If I make it to the 2nd without AF, I might test that day to prep myself in case this isn't our month lol.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

Mhankins - You have good will power. I am going to be testing the 4th (10DPO). We are going away the 5th, so want to test before we go. I know it will still be early, but I can't control myself when it comes down to it!! :blush:

Myshelsong - How did your ultrasound go today?

I have a question for you ladies... Would you get a message during your 2ww or even early pregnancy? I have one scheduled when I will be 12DPO and DH and I had a debate about it last night. He thinks I should cancel it, and I think I should continue on with life as normal until we find out we are pregnant. We have been trying for 2.5 years, and if I stopped living life normally, I would go crazy. I can't live life on a "what if basis"... That being said, it is our first IUI cycle and ultimately having a baby is my top priority. We settled on asking the dr (which I have to do), and maybe postponing it until later on in the week, when hopefully I will know if I am pregnant or not. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->