NOVEMBER 2015 RAINBOWS. Please Join Us!

good luck sweet :) I have to do mine between 24 and 25 weeks. They didn't tell me to fast... I don't remember fasting for my other 2... I think they only make you fast with the second longer test..

Celtic.. sorry about them increasing your insulin :(

I don't remember having to fast with DS either but it was pretty long ago so memory is a little fuzzy. They said the results are pretty fast so should be in by today tomorrow at the latest.

Good luck today Celtic!

Kim is yours coming up in the next few days then?

is the test your talking about the one were you get a fasting blood taken then drink the sugary drink, then every hour for 2 hours have your bloods taken that is the glucose tolerance test which they do advise you Abstain from food for at least eight hours before the scheduled test. You may drink water, but avoid other beverages, as these can interfere with the results.

eating before that could give you a false positive test which you do not want in pregnancy LOL

or are you talking about the one I see is popular in the US were it is a 2 hour one and depending on that they get you do a GTT ?

just wondering:flower: , any time I was being given a test for GD I always get a fasting taken then eat or drink the sugary drink and then another blood test

Thanks for the well wishes ladies my insulin was increased which happens in pregnancy as your insulin resistance worsens with the hormones and growing baby :flower: I am ok with that though I know I am sticking to my GD diet and just glad that the insulin will keep baby healthy and growing at a normal rate :flower: it is all good if not a little hard sometimes

I'm so rubbish at keeping up in here :dohh:

Glad to hear the insulin is keeping lo healthy Niamh :)

Happy V day to all who've passed it :)

I have my gtt next week. I had one with max too and ended up having a funny do. Hoping I deal with it better this time!

Celtic - it is a 1 hour test where they make you drink a glucose drink then take bloods at the hour point. The drink said "Glucose Tolerance Test" across the front. They didn't take bloods before the test though.

celtic glad that they are able to keep you and baby healthy :) as Sweet said it's just a 1 hr test, no blood work at the beginning, just the drink then bloodwork an hr later. I've read that you shouldn't eat/drink anything 2 hrs leading up to it...

Embo good to hear from you!!! hope you're doing well !

Sweet glad to hear that the results are quick, fingers crossed that you're good I've been trying to figure out when to do it. My doc just gave me the requisition, I just go into the lab whenever I want, he said around 25 weeks, and wants me to do it so that he's got the results at my next apt at 26 weeks. I think I may do it next wednesday... that gives 6 days for the results.

6 days should be more than enough time for the results. Good luck!!

Thanks kls. I'm really well thanks! I'm still off sick from work. Not just because of my pelvis (which has actually been great since I stopped working) but because of my mental state. There's lots of things going on at work and I've just felt pushed out so I gave them what they wanted I suppose :shrug:

Celtic - it is a 1 hour test where they make you drink a glucose drink then take bloods at the hour point. The drink said "Glucose Tolerance Test" across the front. They didn't take bloods before the test though.

Ah ha :thumbup: I guess they allow for if you have eaten or that when calculating it the numbers after :) they do not use that one here! :)

I am changing to cloth nappies :happydance: so excited got 2 in the post this morning and I love them supper cute! anyone else use them :happydance::happydance:

I was supper nervous taking my insulin this morning, so far they have been my best readings after meals and needed the least amount of insulin with breakfast! but last yesterday and day before they were very high so my endo upped my insulin! I was scared hoping I would not go to low with the increase but got a lovely number right on target yay

anyone else suffering with round ligament pain I am not sure if it was all the walking or long time standing yesterday in clinc but I am so akey today, it did happen yesterday as I was walking very fast and got an awful pain in my left side :wacko: it did go but if I feel that side I can feel how tight it is! take it handy today I guess

I've suffered terribly with round ligament pains this pregnancy. It's such a horrible pain too but over after a few seconds! I get mine across the bottom of my bump :(

I've suffered terribly with round ligament pains this pregnancy. It's such a horrible pain too but over after a few seconds! I get mine across the bottom of my bump :(

it is awful mine goes down my leg a little !

I have been getting ligament pain for weeks. It hurts to stand up too quickly or to roll over in bed. It started on the right side and now goes all across to the mid of my ever expanding belly.

Glad your insulin is doing its job!

so sweet you get your results yet?

We also have booked a 3-D u/s :) Aug 10 soo excited.

Baby girl on the way for us! :cloud9::pink::pink::pink:

Attachments

• 20150729_144416.jpg
    20150729_144416.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey Love how are you doing? when's your follow up u/s again?

Kim - they said if I didn't hear from them in 48 hours that I was in the clear so I am going to take that as good news!

Congrats on team pink again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"