November 2017

Had my scan on Thursday. All seems well with the baby, but they told us that I have placenta previa - COMPLETELY covering cervix. :wacko: Initially I was thinking 'well hopefully that will shift', but she read my mind and said it was highly unlikely. Hubby asked what that meant and I knew the answer: c-section. Completely shocked as it's not something I'd ever considered and I had a few tears as the idea scares me. However, that evening, I googled PP and discovered that the section is the least of my worries and there's a high probability of bleeding (sometimes to the point of haemorrhaging) during the second half of the pregnancy, restricted blood-flow to baby and pre-term labour. Great! Now feeling rubbish about the next 4 months.

oh that does sound like a lot to take in i hope you are ok

Hi ladies, seen the consultant today in regards to my planned section, after being told it would be at 38 weeks he categorically refused and said it would be 39 weeks so looks like I'm a Dec mom x

Hi ladies, seen the consultant today in regards to my planned section, after being told it would be at 38 weeks he categorically refused and said it would be 39 weeks so looks like I'm a Dec mom x
I can understand that being disappointing as the last weeks of pregnancy can feel like years x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->