November 2017

Hows everyone getting on who had their 20 week scans?
We had to go for a rescan on the heart which was a bit scary! But all is well and how it should be.. here's our cute picture (if i do say so myself!)
Team yellow though until it's birthday.. which turns out will actually be October as they wont let me go over 39 weeks!

Attachments

• IMG_5921.jpg
    IMG_5921.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 8
Glad your re-scan went well Emma, though as you say, scary while you wait!

I'm doing ok here. 19 weeks today, and scan is a week on Thursday. I'm hoping with some reassurance that everything is ok, as far as they can possibly tell, that I will settle into the pregnancy a bit more. I am already feeling more like there will be a baby at the end of it, but would like to jump forward a couple of weeks to feel a bit more positive.
Almost fully in maternity clothes here; the odd loose-fitting dress or top is fine, but most stuff is just more comfortable in a mat fit!

Congrats on all the good scans. I'll be scanned at like 23 weeks .... feeling movement on and off now.

Im loving the movement! This one has been moving since 16 weeks and definitely more active than I've had before! Feel like they are always reminding me they are there 😁

Anyone else not gained any weight??

I haven't gained a single pound...
Well, according to the doctor I've lost 5 pounds, but I think that weight was just bloat from the beginning of the pregnancy. I'm now back down to where I started pretty much. I consider it no weight loss, no weight gain.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the pregnancy goes.

Wow no weight gain at all!
I've gained 1.5 stone.. and thats with no appetite!

I've finally gained 5lbs but my ob says my goal is 30lbs. I do have an appetite but feel I can't eat much in one sitting.

I've been having lots of heartburn, but otherwise feeling good!!! I can't believe we are rounding down the count to double digits!!! :)

I only had heartburn in first tri.. in actual fact a lot of my symptoms like heartburn, headaches, sinus pain etc have all subsided for now.
Feeling a bit tired the past couple of weeks but I put it down to bad sleep mostly as I'm waking in the night for up to an hour at a time.. help!

Emma I'm struggling with insomnia too!!!! Also quite anemic now.

So bizarre as its not every night just if I'm disturbed or uncomfortable I guess.. pregnancy pillow is on my to buy list!

What about what your eating etc?
This pregnancy so far to me has been more about drinks than food.. fizzy pop, green tea and OJ and lemonade - yes please!

I never got weighed at my appointment this week which I thought was odd :wacko: like I mentioned that I felt like I've lost some weight but she was just like 'ok' :shrug:

No heartburn really yet but I keep getting the hiccups! So annoying, I think I'd rather have heartburn :haha:
I don't have insomnia much now but I am just SO TIRED all of the time. It's getting embarrassing! I ended up losing my job a couple weeks ago so with being at home all the time now I just can't stay awake once I sit down.

My cravings are all drinks too. I feel like I could give or take food at this point but take away my lemonade and I'll cry.

Another lemonade craver here too!!!!

Emma you will love a pregnancy pillow. It will change your life!

Kate I'm sorry you're so tired! I'm also sorry for your weird checkup!

Had my scan on Thursday. All seems well with the baby, but they told us that I have placenta previa - COMPLETELY covering cervix. :wacko: Initially I was thinking 'well hopefully that will shift', but she read my mind and said it was highly unlikely. Hubby asked what that meant and I knew the answer: c-section. Completely shocked as it's not something I'd ever considered and I had a few tears as the idea scares me. However, that evening, I googled PP and discovered that the section is the least of my worries and there's a high probability of bleeding (sometimes to the point of haemorrhaging) during the second half of the pregnancy, restricted blood-flow to baby and pre-term labour. Great! Now feeling rubbish about the next 4 months.

Had my scan on Thursday. All seems well with the baby, but they told us that I have placenta previa - COMPLETELY covering cervix. :wacko: Initially I was thinking 'well hopefully that will shift', but she read my mind and said it was highly unlikely. Hubby asked what that meant and I knew the answer: c-section. Completely shocked as it's not something I'd ever considered and I had a few tears as the idea scares me. However, that evening, I googled PP and discovered that the section is the least of my worries and there's a high probability of bleeding (sometimes to the point of haemorrhaging) during the second half of the pregnancy, restricted blood-flow to baby and pre-term labour. Great! Now feeling rubbish about the next 4 months.

Sizzles I'm sorry you have this worry. I wanted to share my good friend just went through this. She was on partial bed rest for a bit but she and her daughter are healthy despite a small bleed. Her placenta also moved up unbelievably at 35 weeks. Don't give up hope ❤️

Hi ladies
Can I join?
I'm due on the 20th but will be having a section at 37 weeks.
I've had a few hiccups.
Hyperemesis and a small bleed from cervical ecroption at 18 weeks.
Scared the crap out of me.
Hope you all are well :hugs:

Attachments

• 20170711_113412.jpg
    20170711_113412.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members