November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Hey Shaw.. I havent been doing anything either. Other than a couple of walks here and there.. but I went from working out 6 days a week, to going on vacation and getting pregnant.. to NOTHING. Ive seriously gained 9 pounds already and I feel like crap about myself.. so I decided that I needed to start something a few days ago. My favorite is just turning the radio up and dancing my heart out with my two year old.. we have fun and its a great workout. As soon as our weather is nice, we are going to walk every day. Im pretty sure everything is safe in the first trimester, even sit ups are okay. Just remember that its easier to get an injury when you are pregnant.. so dont do heavy weights or snappy movements.

Sorry you are unable to stomach many things. Don't worry girls, I am eating for all of you!! lol!

Allie, did they do a vaginal scan or a regular one?

desi, there are so many without ms that are fine! I know you're worried like I was last week...and I got a scan and now I feel so much better knowing everything is on track. I would really suggest getting an early scan just so you know everything is good and you can relax. Seeing that little heartbeat was just magical......

They did both...the could get the HB abnominally but the pictures weren't very clear so they also did a vaginal one which gave clearer images.

Hey Shaw.. I havent been doing anything either. Other than a couple of walks here and there.. but I went from working out 6 days a week, to going on vacation and getting pregnant.. to NOTHING. Ive seriously gained 9 pounds already and I feel like crap about myself.. so I decided that I needed to start something a few days ago. My favorite is just turning the radio up and dancing my heart out with my two year old.. we have fun and its a great workout. As soon as our weather is nice, we are going to walk every day. Im pretty sure everything is safe in the first trimester, even sit ups are okay. Just remember that its easier to get an injury when you are pregnant.. so dont do heavy weights or snappy movements.

LOL you sound like me. I feel so fragile now that I am pregnant...I went from working out all of the time to never! I feel like I am doing more good by resting on the couch or sleeping. Oh man, I can justify anything! Dont feel like crap Lucky! You are beautiful and that baby needs to grow! twins maybe?? That is so cute you dance with your two year old. Are you a stay at home mommy?

They did both...the could get the HB abnominally but the pictures weren't very clear so they also did a vaginal one which gave clearer images.

Allie I'm so glad that everything went well at your scan and you can rest a bit easier now. It does make a difference Desi , if there's anyway you can get one??

Lucky and Babyshaw, you're making me feel so guilty!! :haha:LOL! I agree though a bit of exercise is definitely a good idea after lazing on the couch of course which is always my first option! Baby wouldn't let me keep ANYTHING down today, so feeling really weak. I never threw up with my daughter but this LO has other plans for me! I've been physically sick on two occasions :dohh:

I gave in and called the nurse and like always she said, its normal to not feel any symptoms and that they won't do anything regarding that. She just said to take rest, eat 3 meals, drink water all that BS. I asked specifically for a scan and she said she would talk to the Nurse Practitioner and then she called me back and said no scan is needed as everything is pretty normal. argh..I guess if I really want a scan, I just have to demand one and pay it out of pocket?!

I asked her specifically when they will do a scan. She said they will do fetal Doppler for heart beat at my 12 week appointment, and an ultrasound only at 20 weeks. So there is that. I kept thinking they were going to do one at 12 weeks but I guess not. She said unless I get the Nuchal done (which I haven't decided yet whether or not I will get done) they will not do a scan until 20 weeks when they can tell us the gender.

Allie I'm so glad that everything went well at your scan and you can rest a bit easier now. It does make a difference Desi , if there's anyway you can get one??

Lucky and Babyshaw, you're making me feel so guilty!! :haha:LOL! I agree though a bit of exercise is definitely a good idea after lazing on the couch of course which is always my first option! Baby wouldn't let me keep ANYTHING down today, so feeling really weak. I never threw up with my daughter but this LO has other plans for me! I've been physically sick on two occasions :dohh:

How annoying....well if you can pay for one go for it. Wierd that they don't even scan you at 12 weeks...??! Things are so different everywhere, we should all get the same treatment!

Sparkle,
I am thinking if I can hold out for 5 more weeks, I might as well get the Nuchal Done so I can spend money once. I don't think it is really wise financially for us to spend money now and then on the Nuchal again. My insurance is pretty iffy on what they cover for Nuchal so I have a feeling I will be paying that out of pocket...so..hoping these 5 weeks go by fast...

Hi lovely ladies. Just to update that I had a 2nd scan yesterday, and we saw and heard 2 strong heart beats :D. One baby was measuring at 6 weeks 6 days, with a due date of 29th November, while the other was measuring at 6 weeks 5 days, with a due date of 30th November.....but I'm almost certain they'll come earlier than that.

Phew....so relieved :)

Double congrats!! How amazing is that to be able to hear not one but TWO heartbeats!!

Hi lovely ladies. Just to update that I had a 2nd scan yesterday, and we saw and heard 2 strong heart beats :D. One baby was measuring at 6 weeks 6 days, with a due date of 29th November, while the other was measuring at 6 weeks 5 days, with a due date of 30th November.....but I'm almost certain they'll come earlier than that.

WOW! How amazing that would have been to hear two strong heart beats!!!! I am very happy for you!

Congrats Isi!! Thats brilliant! Wow! 2!!!

@Desi it's so different in the US with insurance isn't it. That makes sense then waiting for the nuchal test. Time will fly by !x

OMG! BUTTERCUP!! AMAZING!! Id love to have twins!
Tell me, did you have any idea there would be two? Have you been very sick? Or showing? I need details!!! LOL :)

Congrats on the twins!!

How is everyone else feeling? I just ordered some ginger tablets and morning sickness wristbands. I hope this works. I have so much going on with all my kids and I cannot keep up. What has everyone else been trying to ease the morning sickness? I had my first scan yesterday and baby looks good and there was a strong heartbeat. The baby measured 6 weeks 6 days so only 1 day off.

OMG! BUTTERCUP!! AMAZING!! Id love to have twins!
Tell me, did you have any idea there would be two? Have you been very sick? Or showing? I need details!!! LOL :)

Thanks Lucky!! I had absolutely no idea before my first scan!! Yes, I did have IVF and put in a couple of embies, but my beta numbers were not sky high, and I initially had very mild symptoms, so was convinced it was just one.

That said, this weekend, my symptoms picked up full force, and I have THE WORST nausea......I think the fact that I'm not throwing up makes it so much worse. I also have incredible lower back pain....only on the left side :dohh:. And I had HORRID migraine on Friday and Saturday. So I think the tweenies are definitely doubling my symptoms now. lol!

Thanks Desi, Sparkebunny and Momx!!!!

You're welcome Buttercup X

I feel rough as hell. Kinda like having a huge hangover without the drinking. Anyone else had this feeling. Like you're getting a really bad cold?? It's nearly 10.30pm here and this seems to be peak time for my symptoms.....sucks. I've been sipping on Lemon and ginger infusion tea to ward off the MS. Kinda worked today but now i just feel rough! I seem to have lost some of my appetite as well and am addicted to ice pops?!

sparkle I get nauseous at night too.. its awful.. I sometimes cant fall asleep right away. It does feel like I drank too much and Im hungover.. Im ready for second trimester!

Amen to that! I was just mumbling that to myself! I'm SO ready to feel ok again!!! 5 whole and then it'll only be 12 weeks! I know i shouldn't moan too much because we want this baby so badly but....urrrgghhh....don't you just wish they could take over sometimes!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->