November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Almost forgot to add: For the last couple of days, I am experiencing slight nausea especially in the evening from about 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. so eating dinner has been a bit of a challenge as nothing sounds good...I am fine all day though...

Wow so many scans on the 17th! :happydance: So exciting!!!

desi, I'm glad you're getting a taste of the MS :haha:

Today I am back to feeling sick and tired and with sore boobs. I guess my two day reprieve was short. I did read that our symptoms will start lessening soon, though.

desi, hmmm that's interesting about your scan. My Dr.'s office does the blood work first and then if it shows something does the scan. So kind of the opposite of what yours does, so I have no idea. Can you switch Drs.? I'm actually thinking of doing that because I would like another scan before 20 weeks.

Allie,
I live in a small town (about 75k people) and there is only ONE OBGYN practice. All the new doctors get sucked into the practice it seems like. The closest OBGYN is about 60 miles away but I am tempted to call them to see how they do their NT scans and see if the procedure is different than here. May be I will do that just to keep my options open.

On to OBGYN hunting I go...

Wicked Sazra you're on 17 th too, good stuff!! It's going to be an exciting day on this thread on that day!

Desi you're ms happens at exactly the same time as mine!! It's soo annoying , in fact really it's fro
5pm onwards and I have to say it's making me pretty grumpy... :(

Hi girls,

I had my scan this morning. Baby was fine and saw heartbeat! Saw the tiny arms moving around!

Bit worried as I have a subchoronic hematoma in the placenta which is going to have to be monitored- they can cause m/c and complications later on so I'm praying it gets re absorbed. I've a check up on 3rd may and have to take things easy with no exercise or lifting. Been panicking all day but trying to reign it in as driving hubby crazy!

Oh and my 12 week scan is May 17th also!!!

Oh and ditto with morning sickness- I'm awful from 6pm and really force dinner down! I normally ear healthy but can only stomach stodge now!

Sarah,
I hope it works out ok for you. Did they find out about the hematoma during the scan?

I am just asking because since my dr. office will not do a scan until 20 weeks (if I do not do NT Scan) things like these will be figured out only at a later stage...I wonder why they do not do early scans.

Hi girls,

I had my scan this morning. Baby was fine and saw heartbeat! Saw the tiny arms moving around!

Bit worried as I have a subchoronic hematoma in the placenta which is going to have to be monitored- they can cause m/c and complications later on so I'm praying it gets re absorbed. I've a check up on 3rd may and have to take things easy with no exercise or lifting. Been panicking all day but trying to reign it in as driving hubby crazy!

Oh and my 12 week scan is May 17th also!!!

Hi desi.

Well I had a horrid heavy bleed last week where I thought / knew I'd m/c. So finding out the baby was still there was incredible. Some people can have a sch and never know and it will cause no problems, others can have one and it will cause bleeding... And stress!

There's no need to get a scan to find out as if you've no signs of it then there's nothing different you need to do.

Why wouldn't you have nt scan out of interest?

Hi Sarah,
Thanks. I just wanted to know if there were any other symptoms and sounds like you did. I cannot imagine how scary the bleed must have been. hugs!

I think I will have the NT scan, I am just involved in a messy Insurance battle (in USA) and may have to pay for it out of pocket. I am not really sure how much amount that would be...so....still haven't made up my mind!! Trust me, if insurance paid, I would definitely have the NT done.

I've been having all day ms...driving me crazy with all these cravings.
Emotions have been up and down.
But, my bbs don't hurt that much anymore! Thank goodness. It started getting painful just to wear a bra!

I have two appts today. My first is with the maternity counselor and the second is with the midwife. I am so nervous due to my previous miscarriage. So many thoughts crossing my mind.... I want to refuse a pap. I want them to try a doppler but I know its early and if they don't find a HB I'm sure I will be even more nervous and want an u/s. ahhhhh

Melissa,
I will be thinking about you today. Relax (easier said than done) and I think it will go well. Be sure to update us.

I have two appts today. My first is with the maternity counselor and the second is with the midwife. I am so nervous due to my previous miscarriage. So many thoughts crossing my mind.... I want to refuse a pap. I want them to try a doppler but I know its early and if they don't find a HB I'm sure I will be even more nervous and want an u/s. ahhhhh

Hi Melissa.
Good luck today. Sorry but what's a PAP?

Hope it goes well

X

Good luck Melissa! I would express your worries about the pap and they might not do one. They didn't do one on me at my appointment when I explained I had a miscarriage previously and would freak out at any bleeding. Also, I would say go for the doppler because yes it's early, but if you do end up getting an u/s that's a good weight off your shoulders as well!

Sarah, a pap is a cervical smear. In the USA they do one in early pregnancy.

desi, sorry you're in an insurance battle, that really sucks. :( I hope you get some answers soon. When is your appointment?

leah, my boobs are less sore during the day these days as well. They hurt at night but yeah, there was one point when they were positively burning and they have eased a bit!

I just woke up from 10 hours of sleep and I've noticed that the more sleep I get the better I feel in general--it seems to help with the MS! Thank goodness for weekends. :thumbup:

What is everyone up to this weekend?

weekend is filled with work and family!
I can't wait till my day off on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff done around here!

Well my appts went well. The midwife did not push doing a pap which was great. My OB will do one at my appt in 4 weeks. The midwife did a doppler and could not find a HB but its still early. The great news is...I get to have an ultrasound on Monday! She wanted to put me at ease and to get a better due date.
Now on to a day filled with family! Happy Easter Everyone!

Hi Girls!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I did, only got nauseous at night and it was slight.. whew!! :) My appt is this thursday! Im excited! I totally forgot about the pap on the first appt. UGH. My doc is super quick so its usually not a big deal but I bleed anyway, and I remember when I was pregnant last time I bled a ton.. thats always scary! I cant wait to see my ultrasound :)
My belly seems to have gotten huge.. It might be just bloat, but I sure look pregnant.
Mel, happy to hear all went well.

Is anyone going to have a doula? Who is planning on going all natural?

I had an epidural last time, well I actually had 3! Yes THREE!! The medication would stop working about an hour into it.. so we tried 3 different times.. and by the time I was pushing my baby out, the last one wore off. It was so intense..seeing as my body didnt have time to gradually deal with the pain.. I just went from no pain to FULL on tearing and forcepts and a 15 1/2 inch head (and for those of you who dont know, thats HUGE..super huge) lol.. SO I am contemplating on doing no epidural this time and trying to deal with it all naturally.. if you knew me, you'd know this is SO not my style of thinking..lol.. but I dont think anything could be worse than the pain I had with having my first.. so I think this might be the only way?
sorry for rambling, I suppose my coffee just kicked in! lol

O.M.G 15 1/2 inches!!!!! WELL DONE YOU Lucky!!! I'm going all natural again. All i had last time was a bit of gas and air. The recovery was so fast! Can't even contemplate delivery right now though all i'm thinking is WHY DO I FEEL SOOOO SICK???!!! I've thrown up three times today alone and this ms is killing me!

WOW 15 1/2" Good for you for wanting to go without meds. I am going for the epidural. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I don't think it's that high. I'm also afraid of ripping. My body scars funny so I am scared of having a huge scar down there. aghhh. I don't really want to think about it.
I went in for my ultrasound today! I was expecting to have an internal ultrasound but didn't have to. I got to see the little arms and legs. I also saw the heartbeat(128) which is a huge relief. Baby is measuring at 9w0d which is a couple days later than what I figured.
Hopefully I will be able to relax a little now. Oh and my midwife told me that if the prenatal vitamins make you sick, you should take Flintstones or the Gummy Bears. You should take 2 a day, maybe one with breakfast and one with supper.

Oh Melissa, that's fantastic news! :happydance: I was measuring 2 days behind my calculations as well and that's within the normal variation. How cute you go to see little arms and legs! Awww!

luckyalready, holy crap! That's a big head, sorry the epidural kept wearing off. :nope: I've always planned on a natural labor, as I'm more afraid of the epidural than I am of pain...but I reserve the right to change my mind. :haha: But stories like yours reinforce my decision..I would love to do it naturally with just gas and air (which I have asked around and apparently they don't really do here in the US) as they show on the UK One Born Every Minute. I guess I have plenty of time to figure it out!

Melissa, how long did the Dr. try with the doppler on you over the weekend? I have a midwife appointment on Friday and she said she'd try with the doppler and I'm brining hubby along but I'm wondering if it will still be too early to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->