November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Good luck Sarah! Glad you found baby so quickly.

Desi, I ordered mine off of www.echostore.com. I found reference to it a doppler thread on here. I'll let you know if it's any good, I should be getting it tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous as it's definitely not the medical grade ones they use at the doctor's office.

BumpHope, I meant to ask what your progesterone dose was? I was on 50 mg am and pm...I didn't take my morning dose today, ahh!

Soooo how is everyone feeling this week?

That website does look a bit shady! Let me know what your experience is like with them and the Doppler. The Angelsounds one is pretty cheap like you said.

As far as feeling, I got pretty painful cramping last night. At one point I cried out in a lot of pain because I was sitting down on the floor and when I got up, I hurt something really bad. I think it was because the Uterus is in that weird position near that pelvic bone. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't even get up all the way and lied on the floor for a few minutes. Poor DH was downstairs, came running at full speed upstairs worried. I was fine after about 10 minutes but man that was scary! I now wish I had a doppler to check the HB! I have a Nurse appt. next Tuesday..so need to wait patiently!

Does anyone know how long it takes for NT results to come in the US? I had blood drawn last Thursday, wondering if they will have it by now!

Hmmm, I don't know how long that might take. Can you call and ask?

I know, I really wish I had a doppler to check the heartbeat whenever I feel a bad cramp. I try to stand up slowly but that's hard sometimes. I think I felt my uterus this morning, it seems to be quite high up now. Surely that's what hurting us? Our uterus is going through a big move at the moment.

For those with dopplers just for fun - does your heartbeat sound like a train or galloping horses? The old wives tale goes - Train = Boy and Galloping Horse = Girl.

Just had my daily check (used hand sanitizing gel instead of the ultrasound gel and found it straight away and really clear!) and mine was Galloping Horse. My other children (3 boys) were more like trains. Not going to find out this time, going on the presumption that it is a boy and anything else is a bonus - loved either way. Not going to stop me doing silly wives tales though :0)

Sarah, hope you get some good news today and all goes well! :hugs:

Allie - I'm on 200mg once daily of the progesterone. Tonight will be my first night doing the 1/2 dose...eeks! Not quite sure how I am going to cut that thing in half without making a crumbly mess but I have plenty extra so I can afford to screw up a few times.

Desi - I did my NT related bloodwork on May 11th and they had the results for me on the 16th when I had my scan. So it was pretty quick. But I guess it will just depend on how fast your lab works.

I haven't had any painful cramping. But last night and this morning I have a tightness / soreness feeling. It's not low in my abdomen but rather at the level my belly button. Kinda weird. I'm getting nervous though that it seems like everyone is feeling uterus pains and I'm not. :shrug: Can't wait until my MW appointment next Thursday to confirm everything is okay!!

I think I'm going to have to cave and get a doppler!! :haha: I was thinking about getting the Sonoline B doppler since it has some good reviews and a friend of mine recommended it. I do like how the Angelsounds one is a bit cheaper though...my only hesitation with this one is that it comes with earphones so DH and I cannot listen to the heartbeat at the same time, right? Or can you turn the volume up enough to where you don't need to actually put the earphones on to hear??

I called the Dr. office and she said to call them back if I do not hear from them by Fri morning! Argh! She just said it takes 7 days!! I guess I will just have to sit tight and wait!

BumpHope - When you got the results back, did they give you a ratio. I am wondering what to expect.

Desi - Yes, they will give you a ratio of your risk level. My Tech then also just explained that ratio was the lowest it could be so that was good. I'm sure you will be in the same boat. :)

Bumphope - just a quick one. I was tempted with sonoline b but opted for angel sounds as cheaper and Im really pleased with it. The angelsounds one has attachments for 2 ear phones so you can listen with your husband if you have second set of ear phones.

X

Perfect! I think I will stick to angelsounds then since it's cheaper. Thanks Sarah!

Sarah, how did your scan go?

My doppler is due to be here in less than four hours. Not that I'm anxious for it to get here or anything lol.

Sarah, how did your scan go?

My doppler is due to be here in less than four hours. Not that I'm anxious for it to get here or anything lol.

If I were you, I'd be waiting outside for the mail man. :haha: I'm supposed to get my first maternity clothes delivered today (I was inspired by Lucky's huge wardrobe and bought a few things last week) and I keep checking outside to see if UPS dropped them off or not. If I'm that excited for maternity clothes that probably won't even fit yet, I can imagine how anxious you are to get your doppler!

Hi Girls.
Appointment yesterday was okay... bit disappointing. To start with my appointment was at 5pm and didnt get seen til 6.30! Thats NHS for you! But the consultant was very nice. Its just annoying as theres nothing they can do to help. She basically said that its a waiting game... She says shes concerned that its trippled in size ( never nice to hear a consultant say they're concerned) but theres no point offering me a repeat scan as it wont make a difference to the outcome. I said it would make a difference to my stress levels! So she then agreed to give me a scan in 3 weeks and im praying with all my heart the hematoma has gone or at least massively shrunk.

So im still on rest, although Im going to do a few short days in the office next week. Cant lift anything, no sex, no exercise. She said no one knows what causes them and its just one of those things. Great.

I then read some research in the obs and gynae journal that upset me as it said 1 in 11 women with a sch have a misscarriage (pre 20 weeks) and 1 in 100 a still birth ( which i think is counted as post 20 weeks)

Im just so upset about it as I so want to be excited about my pregnancy but I still feel like it could end any day. We're telling friends and family this weekend and I want to be happy and excited telling them and I know they will be so excited to har the news but that will make it harder... as I dont feel they can be excited when its got this risk hanging over it..

But on a positive im loving the angel sounds - listened twice today!

BumpHope, I paid for UPS shipping for the doppler and I keep looking outside. The thing is, the mailman has already come and I ordered it Sunday so I bet if I had just used regular mail I would have it already. :dohh: Oh the torture waiting!

I'm sorry you're going through this Sarah, it's just really not fair. :( I wouldn't think too much about those statistics.....if you think about it, you are closer to 20 weeks where the stat is 1 in 100 than you are to the beginning of the pregnancy, when I imagine most of the 1 in 11 miscarriage happen. Plus you don't know when that study was carried out (20 years ago?) and where, etc. The good thing is your LO is being strong in there and you are getting good care. So she didn't scan you yesterday to see if it had gotten smaller? :hugs:

Research was may 2011 :-( !

They scanned but machine not sophisticated enough to measure clot. But from the images it doesn't look like it's gone down in size. Gutted.

Aw Sarah, so sorry you have this to deal with. It really sucks that they couldn't give you some reassurance yesterday, but on the plus side at least there is still possibility for the clot to shrink and baby is still healthy. I will be sending positive thoughts your way and hope your scan in a few weeks goes well. :hugs:

Allie - hope your doppler turned up.

Sarah - sorry your going through this -I know its hard but try keep positive and try to turn the results around from 1 in 11 to 9% chance = 91% chance everything's ok. (hope my maths is correct! not my strongest subject.)

Its what I'm doing with the down syndrome odds at my age which before I get my NT results is 1 in 100, that's a worrying figure but if you look at it in percentages its only a 1% chance sounds much better (in my head anyway!)

My scan went well today - Bubs looked good - was facing upwards and had to try to get him/her to move on its side so they could take measurements. NT was 2.2mm which I believe is within the normal range for 13weeks. Will have a nervous 7 days to see if I get a phone call or not regarding High risk. Was weighed as well, wasn't expecting that and had just been out for lunch with hubby and had a great big Bacon & cheeseburger!! Knew I should have gone for the salad! Made my facebook annoucement this evening - although most people know already.

Sarah - I agree with all the ladies above. Just concentrate on the +ve statistic not the -ve one. Have you watched the movie I recommended? The secret?

Allie - Let me know your experience with the Doppler.

I had called my Dr. office again about the NT Scan and the nurse finally called me back and said the results were "normal". I asked her if she knew what the ratio was and she said that a doctor has to "read" those results and she cannot. She promised she would call back tomorrow with the details!! I was anxious to get the results before noon today because I had a meeting with our team and I thought I would "announce" work at that meeting but I got the call after my meeting. I even had a cool plan to change the agenda I make for the meeting to have blue/pink font text and have something that says that I will be out of office from Thanksgiving to Valentines day :p! But oh well! Now if I stick to the same plan, I have to wait until next Thursday to announce which just seems too far away! Hmm..! Decisions...decisions...

Hello Ladies!

Sarah, I'm sorry hun. I know this must be so hard for you right now. But like Allie said statistics are on your side as you edge nearer to 20 weeks. PMA all the way , even though i know that can be easier said than done! :friends:

I just had the most scary experience. I was watching tv when i felt a funny pain in my side, thought ii was gas :blush: so i stood up to get more comfortable and i was suddenly doubled over on the floor in pain. It felt like i was having contractions and i thought the worst. I really thought i was going to see blood everywhere. I was like that for the longest 5 minutes of my life. I managed to crawl upstairs and lay on my back and just as suddenly as it had started the pain started to subside....I went straight onto the internet and apparently because it's my second and because i'm nearly 15 weeks it is ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN!!!! WTF!! That fricking hurt. and you're telling me it's just my uterus stretching! I'm absolutely fine ow with no pain so am assuming that's what it was but i was so scared all i could do was cry. Not cool....

Sparkle,
That sounds a lot similar to the excruciating pain I had last week(?)! It was unbearable and very scary. But like you said, it went away as soon as it came on. What the heck is round ligament pain! <goes off to Google>

Sarah, it must be so frustrating! I wish there was some sort of treatment, sitting around waiting is so hard. But yes the 90% statistic is still a really good one! :hugs:

Desi, awww sorry your plans were foiled. It sounds like you're in the clear, though, I doubt she would say 'normal' if the ratio wasn't really good.

Cherry, glad your scan went well today. :)

Still no doppler! It's 4:30 here now, it better be here soon, geez. I was even holding my pee because I read a full bladder was better for it. I think I'm going to go skulk around outside and will the UPS van to drive up.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->