November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Sparkle, sorry about the round ligament pain! Ouch! Did you have a C section with your first? THat's meant to make it worse. I was told I could expect it to be bad as I have an appendix scar. :(

Thanks girls. Will think positive thoughts! It just sucks! I hate feeling scared- that's meant to ease after 12 weeks! or do u all feel worried?

Sparkle that sounds awful. Sounds similar to what Desi described the other day.
Ive had a few stetting pains which I thought was rlp but nothing like that.

Cherry- I had my nt last tues and got letter Tuesday to say low risk. Did they tell you they'd call if it was high risk- think that's what most places in uk do.

X

Thanks ladies,

Yeah it definitely reminded me of Desi's post. I didn't have a c section, but i only had a 2 hour active labour and she came out in 2 -3 pushes!!

My doppler finally arrived yesterday....it worked! It took awhile to find the baby, who was way over to the left, but we listened and measured the heartbeat (152 bpm) and it was really amazing! For the longest time I could only find my own heartbeat.

It really made my night. I had Alex hide it so we will only do it once or twice a week. It's really addicting. :)

Awesome. I was waiting for your reply. I am tempted to order one at that cheap price. I can also imagine why it would be addicting to keep using it. Did you plug in two headphones or just one?

BumpHope - Did you order yours yet? Also, where did you order your maternity clothes?

My doppler finally arrived yesterday....it worked! It took awhile to find the baby, who was way over to the left, but we listened and measured the heartbeat (152 bpm) and it was really amazing! For the longest time I could only find my own heartbeat.

It really made my night. I had Alex hide it so we will only do it once or twice a week. It's really addicting. :)

We plugged in two headphones. We had to fiddle around with them to make them both work at the same time (there's no doubt it's a cheap doppler) but once we got them working, the doppler worked really well. :)

If you do order one, I would suggest adding the $5 gel. It helps get rid of feedback so it's easier to hear what's going on there.

DH is not too keen on me ordering a doppler!! I think I have to let him get his way at least for one time?! heeheh...

Sarah - I definitely still feel worried. It feels like each trimester will bring on its own worries. Now I'm worried about my placenta previa not fixing itself, about having an incompetent cervix (not that I know I have one...but what if I do?! I had a D&C with my last miscarriage - not because I elected to have one, but because they literally had to do it to stop the bleeding since I was on the verge of needing a blood transfusion - and apparently a D&C can increase your chances of having an IC), about telling our friends and then something going wrong....it's endless!! And it feels like the worrying will never end. But I'm trying not to focus on it so much and just take things day by day. It is the only way I can manage to not drive myself crazy.

Allie - Yay, doppler finally arrived! Why do you think it was hard to find the heartbeat at first? Were you just not looking in the right spot??

Desi - I ended up ordering my AngelSounds doppler yesterday. I told DH and he was not a happy camper (since he thinks I will be obsessed with it) but he quickly got over it. :winkwink: I ordered off of eBay - the seller was still EchoStore, but it was a smidge cheaper off of eBay (it costs $1 more than if you get it directly at EchoStore, but then the shipping is free so you end up saving about $4) and also I figured my credit card info would be safer through PayPal on eBay than through a random website. I ordered yesterday afternoon and within a few hours, got an email saying it had shipped. It should arrive between Saturday and Tuesday. Also, I got a few maternity things from Old Navy. A pair of skinny jeans and a maxi dress (both of which are super comfy and fit great) so I am pretty happy with the purchase. The jeans have a full panel which obviously has room for growth right now but the legs fit great and they don't slide down as I thought they might since they are still a little loose. And I also ordered a wrap-type sweater from Victoria's Secret...it's nice because I can wear it several different ways and my bump (once I get it) can always peak out. I had 20% off codes for both places so that was nice too.

I am having DH hide the doppler from me so we will only use it a few times a week!

Bumphope, I only had a hard time finding the heartbeat because I couldn't find the baby. He or she was way over on the right last week at the midwife so I started there, and it turns out baby is way over to the left now. I think you can also hear the baby moving around in there!

Sorry about your D&C experience btw. :( :hugs: Can't they examine you and see how your cervix is?

I find if I have something else to focus on I'm less likely to worry...so I'm trying to give myself lots of things to do and think about. For example, we're moving at the end of June and I'm also trying to plan a long weekend away for DH and I to relax, so I'm trying to focus on those things when I can.

Bumphope, those sound like some good purchases!

I'm wondering when I should start maternity shopping. I can still fit in my clothes but I think I'm maybe getting a little bump? Do you ladies have bumps yet?

So we are heading towards the second tri! I had e-mailed one of the administrators about moving this thread into second trimester but I haven't heard back. Anyone else know how we can get that done?

Bump!!?? I have a mountain! Someone thought i was like 7 months pg already!! I am so jealous you guys can still fit into your clothes !!

Glad all of you are enjoying your dopplers! It's so cool isn't it! Baba is wriggling around in there, he/she hates it when i drink or eat anything really cold!

Desi, we might have to start a new thread because Baby Shaw is in charge of this one, but i haven't heard from her in a while....hope she is ok either way :hug:

I am having DH hide the doppler from me so we will only use it a few times a week!

Bumphope, I only had a hard time finding the heartbeat because I couldn't find the baby. He or she was way over on the right last week at the midwife so I started there, and it turns out baby is way over to the left now. I think you can also hear the baby moving around in there!

Sorry about your D&C experience btw. :( :hugs: Can't they examine you and see how your cervix is?

I find if I have something else to focus on I'm less likely to worry...so I'm trying to give myself lots of things to do and think about. For example, we're moving at the end of June and I'm also trying to plan a long weekend away for DH and I to relax, so I'm trying to focus on those things when I can.

Bumphope, those sound like some good purchases!

I'm wondering when I should start maternity shopping. I can still fit in my clothes but I think I'm maybe getting a little bump? Do you ladies have bumps yet?

Hmm...I may have to ask DH to hide the doppler too. :winkwink:

From what I've read about incompetent cervix, it usually doesn't get diagnosed or checked until after you've already experienced a second trimester loss (this is just appalling if you ask me...but then again, I think the whole business of waiting until you've had three MC's to do any sort of testing is ridiculous too). I'm going to talk to my MW about it at next week's appointment and see if it makes sense to take a look at my cervix.

I don't have a real bump going on right now...just what feels like fat getting pushed out a bit.

Hi Girls!
I had my second appt today.. heartbeat 150.. I only gained 2.5 pounds.. I thought it had to be at least 10.
Sparkle.. same here, I have a huge belly already.

I've started with a bit of a bump this week. Just been out to dinner with a girlfriend and had to undo my jeans half way through! I've only put on a Ib.. Although I think cos I'm not exercising (or even moving at the moment) I've lost muscle and put on weight.. Can't believe it can be only 1Ib with all the crap I've been eating!!

Allie- would have freaked me if baby was over on right! Mines far left which is same as where midwife found it. Don't think I'd have thought to go left!! I'd just of paniced!

X

Hey girls,

I'm back from my midwife appointment. It was a dud to be honest. I was feeling so good but now I'm just blah.

Have you all had pelvic exams? I was meant to get one but he changed his mind 'in case something happened' because I had a mc before. :( And he said it's no wonder I'm worried with my 'history.' I didn't think one miscarriage made you any more likely for more??

Then he didn't ask about doing the triple screen for birth defects and I forgot to ask so that isn't scheduled. And I was meant to schedule my ultrasound but he was 40 minutes late to see us so when we left the receptionists had gone. Pretty much nothing got done.

Oh, I heard baby's heartbeat, 148 bpm which was lovely. :)

And he said my uterus was really high up for 14 weeks! He said it was 'too high.' I asked him to explain why that was bad but he wouldn't, he just said "It's better to be too high than too low."

He said my uterus is already near my belly button....so I guess I must have a bump!

I was going to tell you girls.. It took my doctor not even 2 seconds to find the baby's heartbeat, I asked him if that was normal.. and he said not usually, it usually takes a little longer.. he said I am carrying right out in front and that the baby is right there.
I also asked him why I can feel my baby and some others cant until around 20 weeks.. he says its because some people dont have as many nerve endings in their uterus.. and it takes much more force from the baby in order to feel it. But that there is nothing wrong.. its just that everyone is different. :) Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

Yikes right?

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/luckylynndee/13wks6days.jpg

Wow, that is impressive Lucky! Very nice bump. :thumbup:

So last night, in the midst of tossing and turning and not being able to sleep yet again, I put my hand on my belly (which I do regularly...I try to rub my belly or keep my hand there against my skin just for bonding purposes) and felt what I thought was the baby's heartbeat! Twice throughout the night this happened. It definitely wasn't my own heartbeat (which I can feel too sometimes when I do that) because it was moving so much faster. Then this morning I googled it and it everywhere I looked it said you can't feel a fetal heartbeat. From what I read about hiccups, it seems like this beating was too fast to be hiccups and that I wouldn't be able to feel hiccups this early on either. So what could it have been???? I am so perplexed! :shrug:

OMG lucky! You sure you're not having twins? I've nothing like that.

I'd be very surprised if you could feel the baby's HB bumphope as so protected in there.. Could it be a muscle Twitching?

I'm feeling a bit upset. Im back at my patents for the weekend to tell my gran and family I'm pregnant. Plan is to tell them this morning. But I went to the loo when I woke up and I had blood when I wiped.. It wasn't like my other bleeds where I've had stacks of bright red blood. This was more a light pinkish tinge on the tissue ( sorry if tmi).
Thank goodness I have my Doppler as immediately put it on and found heart beat. But I feel worried and it's taken away the excitement of telling people. I feel very anxious. But if I don't announce it this weekend I won't be able to tell tem face to face as I'm not back here for 2 months.

Bit miserable and unsure what to do. Hate this blooming hematoma!!

Lucky!! That's like mine and everyone keeps asking if I have twins too! IRS because it's no.2!! Looking gorgeous either way!

Sarah, I'm sorry this is happening, in a positive way at least you vaguely know what is causing it... Evil haematoma! Thinking of you sweetie and glad u heard the heartbeat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->