November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Allie.. I dont think that is correct.. I think the only reason they say you can feel is sooner with your second or more pregnancy is because you know what you are expecting.. I believe you CAN feel it sooner if the baby is positioned right and you are really in tune with your body... I felt my first at 14 weeks and I knew it was her. The popping might be gas tho? The first feelings are little super light fluttering or tickling .. as far as my experience goes anyway. After having my first baby, I felt "phantom" kicks all the way up until this pregnancy.. It was all probably just gas but it felt just like a baby was in my belly - before you know it your baby will be kicking you like crazy and there will be no mistake. AHH! I love that part.. I love it when others can feel it on the outside.. or when its towards the end and you can feel with your hand where your babies butt is.. or an extremity.. its amazing.

That's really helpful in knowing what to expect to feel. I really can't wait until those for sure feelings.

No has mentioned this in a while.....cramping. Mine seems to be gone during the day now but I am feeling it in the middle of the night when I wake up to roll over or if I wake up on my back. Anyone else?

Well headache has finally gone! Blimey it was awful! How are you feeling Allie?

And how did the announcement go?

I'm not getting 'cramps' so much out more like stretching pains. Quite low down and feels like ive pulled a muscle. I can also really feel my placenta now- especailly when i have full bladder- its very hard and noticeable above my pelvic bone. Can you all feel yours?

Oh and other symptoms are bloating and a bit constiapted! Not nice! Been scoffing prunes today!

S xx

Sarah -
I thought the hard thing we are feeling is the Uterus?!

Allie & Melissa, Yeah, how did the announcements go?

LOL! I was slightly concerned that you could feel the placenta Sarah!! Thought the ms was getting better...then i threw up tonight :(.......I'm 14 weeks tomorrow...how can i still be SICK!! Anyway i've had a great weekend, my DD was at her Grandad's so i had the house to myself (OH was out visiting his mum)...it was fantastic! Just lay on the sofa eating and sleeping!!

Speaking on cramping, I am still getting sharp cramps and today they have been a lot more. I think that is also because I haven't been drinking enough water :(!

Got my scan all sorted out, rang the hospital and they had no record of the Nuchal Scan Form, told me that a dating scan can be up to 16 weeks and to ring my midwife about the Nuchal. Finally got hold of the midwife (she was at a home birth!) she said the form had changed and would call the hospital in the morning. Got a call first thing from the hospital and my scan is now this Wednesday, its at 3.15pm slap, bang at school pick up time so will have to go on my own, as Hubby will have to pick up boys and take them swimming but I didn't want to complain.

Funny you have all been talking about really bad headaches, thats why I haven't updated you all sooner. After the problems with the scan date I got this thumping headache which overnight turned into blocked sinuses, felt like I had been punched in the face and behind my eye was throbbing. Couldn't sleep with the pain and paracetamol wasn't touching it. Found steam inhalation worked and relieved the pressure. Also with the lack of sleep I couldn't keep any food down. Horrible few day but much better now and looking forward to the scan.

Bought a doppler, find ir quite hard to find the heartbeat but did find the heartbeat once, becoming a bit of an obsession now.

Good luck with you scan Cherry. I was told last week that I will get my NT results back by today if they are high risk. Letter in the post in the 2 weeks if low risk. Everytime my phone has rang today with a unknown number ive paniced!

Sparkle- im still getting nausea. Annoyingly I mainly get it when i drink water. Im trying so hard to have 2 litres a day but its tough when it makes me feel so rubbish!

Ive ordered a doppler- should arrive in the next few days!

Good luck cherry!

I'm also still getting nausea every day. :( It looks like we aren't out of it yet.

Desi, I think water has a lot to do with it. I've noticed I mainly get cramps at night and I must be dehydrated then as I sleep about 10 hours a night these days not drinking anything while I'm sleeping obviously.

I also bought a doppler and am waiting for it. I got the angelsounds one everyone says is so good, but I got it from a kind of dodgy website for cheap so I'm a bit skeptical. I really hope it works.

Allie - I have the Angelsounds one, it is good but because I was having trouble finding the heartbeat I googled it and was recommended to use a lot of gel in the early stages and it only comes with a little tube. I have used my tube up after 4 days (only used once a day) I have ordered some more off Amazon. Later on you can just use water apparently.

Wow, it sounds like everyone is getting a doppler! I want one too! DH keeps telling me not to get one because I will get obsessed. He is probably right. :winkwink:

I'll get pulling feelings down below several times a day, but not cramping per say. I still can't feel my uterus. :( But I have a little layer of fat around my stomach, and my uterus is very tilted (therefore maybe taking longer to straighten out??) so perhaps that's why. I read online that it can still take a few more weeks before you feel it so if I don't feel it soon, I'm going to ask my MW to feel it out for me at my appt. next week.

Glad to hear you got your NT scan straightened out, Cherry!

Allie - did you tell your mom? How did it go?

GOOD LUCK CHERRY!!

Allie how did it go with the parents?? Got my fingers crossed that everything went well :friends:

Seems i've also got sinus problems starting and the mother of all headaches today....in bed resting now after bathing dd and making her packed lunch and giving her some dinner, all after a full day of work! Just looking forward to watching "Glee" now!

I love Glee! Have fun! Sorry about the headache. Mine finally went away so I'm sure yours will too. :hugs:

Telling my parents was kind of nerve racking but they are sooooo excited. My dad acted a little awkward lol, but that's probably because my uncle and grandpa started teasing DH about 'finally figuring out what to do with it' in front of me. I just about died! We told the rest of the entire family at my cousin's high school graduation party yesterday. It felt kind of weird because people kept talking to me about the baby. I actually felt a little bit panicky, thinking okay now nothing can go wrong because my whole family is expecting a baby at the end of this! I know I'm probably weird for feeling so nervous about it yesterday instead of excited.

I don't know if what I'm feeling is pulling or cramping down there? I would say it's definitely the mild AF type cramps at night and then during the day I get some random sharp feelings that last a second or two. I just wish I could know exactly what's going on down there!

I'm also weaning off the progesterone this week which is a bit scary.

How is everyone feeling today?

Allie - It is hilarious that your uncle and grandpa said that. :haha: Glad to hear everything went well with the announcement. I felt the same sense of dread and panic after we told the family and extended family (granted, we told everyone before I was out of the first trimester yet). It'll be okay though...you have already hit the second trimester...yay! I'm starting to wean off the progesterone starting tomorrow. I decided now that I'm going to do the 1/2 dose for week 13 as we discussed earlier, but then in week 14 I'm going to do 1/2 dose every other day. Dr. said that would be okay and I have a friend who did that as well. I'm probably being overly cautious but I can't help it. :dohh:

I like that idea too! I don't think I have enough to do that or else I would. :haha: I am seriously nervous about stopping it. But it will be nice to not have wake up early and do it and then go back to sleep. I keep hearing about side effects of being on it but I never had any that I'm aware of (other than funky discharge). :shrug:

Agreed, it will be so nice not to have to insert them! I only do them at night, so at least it's not too much of an inconvenience, but still, the leakage is unpleasant. I took them for a month in which I didn't get preggers and I didn't have any symptoms either. I was scared I would, but I lucked out. :)

I got my doppler today! I got the Angelsounds one also. I found the heart beat in about 40 seconds! Helped that I saw the midwife find it last week! I cant believe how fast it beats! I started to doubt that was it as it was beating so fast!

Im seeing colsultant this afternoon about my blood clot. Hoping i'll get another scan and it will be diminishing.

xx

Allie,
What website did you order it from? Let me know if you get yours and I will think about ordering one too :)!
I also bought a doppler and am waiting for it. I got the angelsounds one everyone says is so good, but I got it from a kind of dodgy website for cheap so I'm a bit skeptical. I really hope it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->