November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Allie- I've got a shocking headache too. Started last night and only got about 2hrs sleep. Been so bad still today that I've had to take day off work. It's just horrible. I prefer the nausea to this.

Ladies, I just read on a site that dizziness and headaches increase in Week 12?! I do hope you ladies feel better though! hugs!

Not sure if anyone is into sewing but I found a neat Website: https://diymaternity.com/

I also found a tutorial (easy) for the bands. I am so tempted to try to make these:

Sew: https://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/how-to-sew-a-belly-band/ (I might try and make these longer than 20 inches so I could use these in the last trimester)
No Sew:https://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/how-to-make-a-no-sew-belly-band/

I bet I could make a lot of those in the $20 I would pay at target. Hopefully they work the same way!

Had a banging headache yesterday, and I seem to have to constantly blow my nose, in fact i think this is part of the reason why i have been so sick! Would normally rake sudafed but can't take anything now :( In other news, i can feel baby move!!!

Glad you girls have posted about headaches and dizziness, becuase I've been having a bit of both too. This morning I woke up with what felt like a hangover and I've been getting dizzy and that never usually happens to me!

Xx

P.S is Baby shaw changing the name of the group to Elevenses then? I got confused today looking for it then i remembered its not called that!

Tizy, I dunno where Baby Shaw is and she's the only one that can change the name on the post, but yes we are Elevenses now. :)

Desi, those are so cute!! When my headache goes away and I can start thinking of being productive I might make some, what a fun idea.

Oh, girls, sorry you have the headaches too! I caved and went into the midwife walk in as I was feeling so ill and delirious with no sleep, and the midwife said a headache at this point is a good sign hormones are surging. I also had her listen to the heartbeat and it was a lot slower than last week? She didn't say anything or what the rate was.

I'm still thinking of getting a doppler as I can't seem to go too long without hearing baby's heartbeat or I get anxious.

Sparkle, you felt the baby alreay, awesome! What did it feel like?

It feels like little flutters, especially when i eat something col, midwife says it's because it's number 2 and where it is sitting means that i'm more likely to feel it. It was so clear on the scan what a little wriggler it was!

Good morning ladies! I am in the same boat with the headaches, though they don't sound as bad as some of yours. I'm sure it doesn't help that I am still not sleeping at night. I have been up since 1am last night!! Ugh, it is getting really annoying not being able to sleep. I don't normally get headaches, so I'm not sure what would work on them and mine aren't so bad that I need to medicate, but just wondering if any of you tried tylenol?

Desi - that is cool that you are going to try to sew your own stuff! I don't sew, but I'm going to start teaching myself how to crochet. I know someone who crochets and knits the cutest baby stuff and has sent me some patterns, and I have a few friends who are due before me, so I thought I could make some stuff for them to start out with. Just waiting for my yarn to arrive!

Here is a pic of my starter crochet project. How adorable is that baby?! :haha:

Attachments

• Crochet1.pdf
    126.7 KB · Views: 9
Desi- did the website say why headaches are worse at 12 weeks and if there's anything we can do? I'm in a world of pain right now- been in bed all day.

Sarah - I thought this was helpful in providing some at home remedies and headache triggers to avoid: https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/headaches.html

Thanks Bumphope. Was reluctant but just taken 2 paracetamol. Read these are fine to take so hopefully they're strong enough & help.

There's no let up in pregnancy!

I've been taking one extra strenth Tylenol and it works a bit but not for long. I've had this stupid thing since Wednesday!

Sarah, the midwife today said it was caused by the flood of hormones.

Awww, Bumphope, sorry you've been awake since all hours as well. I thought 4 am was bad. I feel like I'm crashing right now though so am going to go take a nap. I'm taking the day off work as I just can't focus being this tired and headachey.

Oh my! How CUTE is that!! I have dabbled a bit with crochet (NOT for me!) and also did a bit of Knitting (MAY be for me) but I seem to have stuck with sewing! I am planning on making blankets and burp cloths for my friends who are due before me. https://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2009/09/rag-edge-receiving-blanket-tutorial.html
These are very easy to make as well. If you can sew a straight-line you can do this!
Here is a pic of my starter crochet project. How adorable is that baby?! :haha:

Allie,
When I went last Tue, the Doppler recorded a heartbeat of 153 and at the ultrasound yesterday, it was at 143. So I think it is normal for the heartbeat to go down and stabilize.

I also had her listen to the heartbeat and it was a lot slower than last week? She didn't say anything or what the rate was.

Thanks Desi! :hugs:

I am delirious with lack of sleep this afternoon, and I wish I felt better for telling my parents the big news!

Am I the last one on here to tell my parents? I think I am....

Oh man girls so much going on with everyone! Thats so awesome.. I wish this forum had a "Like" button!
Desi those pics are so cute. and omg exciting to hear girl.. you will have to double check though, later on ;)
Sarah thats awesome you had a good visit with your temp mid wife..
Allie, telling your parents will be so awesome and Im sure it will go well.. I can bet your mom already has a feeling, you know moms are like that ;) - Dont let yourself get worried or feel like it would ever be your fault if something bad happened, of course they are excited to be grandparents, just like you are excited to be a parent.. you are doing everything right.. and if, heaven forbid, something went wrong that is out of your control and you shouldnt ever feel guilty. When is the time you plan on telling them?

Sparkle.. I can also feel the baby move.. I thought I could a couple of weeks ago.. but then it went away.. I can definitely feel him/her now.. its so great. I felt my first baby at 14 weeks.. so this is just a bit sooner.

Thanks Lucky. :hugs:

I just told a good friend and it made me so happy to share the news it has pumped me up for telling the fam.

Maybe I am crazy but I swear I felt the baby move too tonight! I was laying on my back on the couch and I got this feeling like popcorn popped in my uterus. It was really strange and not like any feeling I have had so far. But it says there's no way we should feel this early unless this is our second child or more. :shrug: But who knows, maybe it was just one of those moments that I was really in tune and laying the right way, etc. I'm going to just go with it and be excited.

Hi Everyone:wave:

Allie, you never know!! Go with the excitement it's what keeps us going! I went for a Chinese last night and baby loved the banana fritters and syrup with ice cream!! My next scan is on the 7th July. Ages away! I really want to know what we're having!

Hello Girls,

Excited for today, my mum and dad are visiting....they are taking me and Holly for a pub lunch -it probably won't be a heathy eating day today! and ive already had bacon sandwich!

My OH Mark is at a stag do so me and holly will probably choose a scary-ish film for this evening and cuddle up with some popcorn.

Allie you should def get a doppler, they are great for between scan reassurance. I check on my bubs every few days and makes me smile everytime I hear it.

Hope the headaches clear Sarah and everyone else, mine has gone now and I didn't wake up feeling hungover either. :) :)

Han Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->