November Baby or December Baby!?

KNWilson

Reaction score
Hi ladies I don't start threads very often but I wanted to share my news from my appointment this morning. I'm going on 37 weeks and had my 36/37 week appointment today to test for Strep B and to get my information for my preadmissions. During my exam my doctor did an internal and said that I am already 2cm dilated and 50% effaced!! I had to ask her again just to be sure because I really wasn't expecting to be dilated at all at this point and his due date isn't until December 12th!!

So do you ladies think he'll end up being a November baby or a December baby??
I'm ready when he is ready lets get this show on the road..:coffee:

That's the problem with checking, it doesn't mean anything. You could into labor tonight it make it past your due date. Dilating & effacement is just one part of labor, it also depends on if your baby's lungs are ready, and their little brain, hormone levels.

You can be dialated for weeks, or not at all and have the baby the same day....

As the other ladies said... that information doesn't really tell you much. You could still make it to Christmas. :wacko: I've heard many stories of women walking around at a 2-4cm dilation for weeks before going into labor.

Ok thank you ladies that's what I wasn't clear on I didn't know if it would be a good indicator that labor was around the corner or not.

I am about where you are at. My due date is Dec 8 and was checked on 11/8 and was 1.5cm and 70-80% effaced. I didn't progress at all between then and yesterday, still the same. However, my doc told me, he believes I will have her most likely within two weeks, which would put me about a week early. Of course, that's not guaranteed though.

hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->