November Due Dates (cont)

hmmmm cheese fondue ... never had cheese fondue before - what sort of foods do you dip into the cheese one?

I hate you all. I'm usually a massive consumer of anything dairy but can't tolerate it at all in pregnancy. I either throw it up within half an hour of consuming it or I feel fine for a couple of hours then bloat up like a balloon and am in agony for about 6 hours as it works it's way through me ending in painful diarrhoea. Cutting it out almost completely has been the only way to get through this pregnancy. I can not wait until after I give birth and can go back to eating great lumps of cheese, drinking big glasses of milk and finally trying the ice-cream that the area I moved to two weeks ago is so famous for.

Lol, in about 2 hours? and mostly like potatoes and bread is what you dip! Sometimes you dip the bread first in schnapps and then in the cheese... :)
Having a salad as well is normally the way you go.

Mm, fondue sounds great! I've mostly been craving sandwiches with cheese and spaghetti piled high with mounds of cheese!

I love cheese fondues!! So much you can do with a cheese fondue!! different veges, potatoes, bread, etc!!

Pickle onions are just little onions that have been left to slightly soften in vinegar with some spices. Really yummy!!
HHmmmmm chocolate olives? not sure on that one now
I'm still hungry!!

Medieval Spaghetti sounds gooood!!!! With tons of cheese!!!

Sorry springer :nope: thats exactly what milk does to me pregnant or not. I hope you get to enjoy cheese again soon!!

Dang Sarah I dont think I can make a flight in a few hours. Just remember every detail of dinner for me. I will live through you :haha:

Am I weird? I don't like cheese! I don't really eat dairy except milk on my cereal! Ha

No Phin thats not weird at all. More for me :haha: My mother HATES cheese and all things dairy. The taste of it just gags her!

Lol, in about 2 hours? and mostly like potatoes and bread is what you dip! Sometimes you dip the bread first in schnapps and then in the cheese... :)
Having a salad as well is normally the way you go.

At the fondue place I went to years back they also dipped apple slices. Just something else to consider. :D I heart cheese!

It's just summat I would never eat! I even eat my cereal dry at times! I'd gladly give u all my cheese momma lol

Hope you don't mind but need to vent .... my MIL is a piece of work. This morning my OH told me they were coming round to get the boys. So, I text them asking what time they needed to be ready for and, could they not give them sweets/chocolate this time as I really really DO NOT LIKE IT. I was really nice, not bitchy but after hearing she gave them haribo sweets after last time, I thought they needed to know where we stood on sweets.

She gets them home and firstly, took them to Mcdonald's - which doesn't bother me TOO much cause the nuggets aren't that bad and by the sounds of it they hardly touched it. ... The in laws leave and I open the baby bag and there is an open bag of sweets in there. KNEW i could smell it on them! I'm so mad ... like literally need to punch a wall mad because it's like she's thought F you I'll do what I want and buy my grandkids sweets. It's deliberately going against my parenting and putting up a middle finger at it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh Charlie, that's really crappy of them! What does your OH say to all their nonsense, surely he realises that that was a very deliberate thing, especially after you'd asked them not to! My mum is very lax about diet & discipline with my niece, so I'm guessing she will be with my LO too. What's weird is that she was crazy strict with us, no sweets except on special occasions, I guess they just want to spoil their grand kids, but I'd be annoyed if I'd specifically asked her not too.
Sarah, I'm jealous of your fondue! Mmmmm... Cheese!!!
I once tried cutting out dairy as I'd been having some probs with my stomach & discovered that I'm VERY allergic to soya milk! I'd rather stick to dairy.
I find my stomach doesn't thank me if I eat a lot of stodgy carbs, like pizza, cakes, white bread. I tend to have a mixture of gluten free & 'normal' stuff, but only brown bread, no white.

OH isn't back from work yet ... but when he is he will get an earful. I'm not majorly strict but I just do not like them having sweets :( My mum said she did it on purpose to wind me up and always as a way of saying 'I'm not having you telling me what to do' ... but I can tell her what to do - I am THEIR mum. Everytime she does stuff like this it just pushes me into moving a lot closer to my mum and as far away as possible from her next May :(

I'd be pissed if my parents or in laws didn't respect my parenting decisions. Haven't run into any issues yet.

Hope you don't mind but need to vent .... my MIL is a piece of work. This morning my OH told me they were coming round to get the boys. So, I text them asking what time they needed to be ready for and, could they not give them sweets/chocolate this time as I really really DO NOT LIKE IT. I was really nice, not bitchy but after hearing she gave them haribo sweets after last time, I thought they needed to know where we stood on sweets.

She gets them home and firstly, took them to Mcdonald's - which doesn't bother me TOO much cause the nuggets aren't that bad and by the sounds of it they hardly touched it. ... The in laws leave and I open the baby bag and there is an open bag of sweets in there. KNEW i could smell it on them! I'm so mad ... like literally need to punch a wall mad because it's like she's thought F you I'll do what I want and buy my grandkids sweets. It's deliberately going against my parenting and putting up a middle finger at it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Not acceptable! I would not let them see them unsupervised for long enough for them to see that this was a bad call. What a shitty person to go against a mother's wishes. :growlmad:

I'm on a rampage today. OH has announced he's leaving, but on his own terms/schedule/whenever he feels like it. In the meantime he doesn't intend to find somewhere else to sleep or anything. He says he will help ready the house for the baby and then will go. I gave him a list. He's slept all day. He's a jerk. After crying my eyes out all morning I started cleaning, then took a nap, and he's still sleeping. Not to mention he screwed me today because I thought he'd picked up the car from the mechanic, but when I went to use it this morning to go to work for a research meeting it was not there. And, he still hasn't picked it up. I really don't want to go out there to the closed mechanic's lot to steal back my car all alone. I'm so frustrated I could scream!

Oh_So - he is treating you appallingly! :( I am SO mad for you!! Why the hell is he acting like such a douche? :hugs:

I'm so frustrated I could scream!

:( why do people have to be such jerks?? Sorry that you have to put up with him for longer :/. :hugs:

Everytime she does stuff like this it just pushes me into moving a lot closer to my mum and as far away as possible from her next May :(

This would piss my off big time!! I think though, the more you make of it the more she will do it... seems like some sort of weird power game!

At the fondue place I went to years back they also dipped apple slices. Just something else to consider. :D I heart cheese!

That sounds amazing! right up my alley :) pretty sure DH will freak out :D

Charlie, oh_so :hugs: Wish there was something I could do for you both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->