November Due Dates (cont)

:hugs: Oh_so, it sounds like he is defo being a jerk, I'm sorry that you have to go through all this

Hope you don't mind but need to vent .... my MIL is a piece of work. This morning my OH told me they were coming round to get the boys. So, I text them asking what time they needed to be ready for and, could they not give them sweets/chocolate this time as I really really DO NOT LIKE IT. I was really nice, not bitchy but after hearing she gave them haribo sweets after last time, I thought they needed to know where we stood on sweets.

She gets them home and firstly, took them to Mcdonald's - which doesn't bother me TOO much cause the nuggets aren't that bad and by the sounds of it they hardly touched it. ... The in laws leave and I open the baby bag and there is an open bag of sweets in there. KNEW i could smell it on them! I'm so mad ... like literally need to punch a wall mad because it's like she's thought F you I'll do what I want and buy my grandkids sweets. It's deliberately going against my parenting and putting up a middle finger at it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Not acceptable! I would not let them see them unsupervised for long enough for them to see that this was a bad call. What a shitty person to go against a mother's wishes. :growlmad:

I'm on a rampage today. OH has announced he's leaving, but on his own terms/schedule/whenever he feels like it. In the meantime he doesn't intend to find somewhere else to sleep or anything. He says he will help ready the house for the baby and then will go. I gave him a list. He's slept all day. He's a jerk. After crying my eyes out all morning I started cleaning, then took a nap, and he's still sleeping. Not to mention he screwed me today because I thought he'd picked up the car from the mechanic, but when I went to use it this morning to go to work for a research meeting it was not there. And, he still hasn't picked it up. I really don't want to go out there to the closed mechanic's lot to steal back my car all alone. I'm so frustrated I could scream!

What a pain in the rectum! :brat: Hopefully this means he will be gone SOONER rather than LATER, though.

Hope you don't mind but need to vent .... my MIL is a piece of work. This morning my OH told me they were coming round to get the boys. So, I text them asking what time they needed to be ready for and, could they not give them sweets/chocolate this time as I really really DO NOT LIKE IT. I was really nice, not bitchy but after hearing she gave them haribo sweets after last time, I thought they needed to know where we stood on sweets.

She gets them home and firstly, took them to Mcdonald's - which doesn't bother me TOO much cause the nuggets aren't that bad and by the sounds of it they hardly touched it. ... The in laws leave and I open the baby bag and there is an open bag of sweets in there. KNEW i could smell it on them! I'm so mad ... like literally need to punch a wall mad because it's like she's thought F you I'll do what I want and buy my grandkids sweets. It's deliberately going against my parenting and putting up a middle finger at it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Not acceptable! I would not let them see them unsupervised for long enough for them to see that this was a bad call. What a shitty person to go against a mother's wishes. :growlmad:

I'm on a rampage today. OH has announced he's leaving, but on his own terms/schedule/whenever he feels like it. In the meantime he doesn't intend to find somewhere else to sleep or anything. He says he will help ready the house for the baby and then will go. I gave him a list. He's slept all day. He's a jerk. After crying my eyes out all morning I started cleaning, then took a nap, and he's still sleeping. Not to mention he screwed me today because I thought he'd picked up the car from the mechanic, but when I went to use it this morning to go to work for a research meeting it was not there. And, he still hasn't picked it up. I really don't want to go out there to the closed mechanic's lot to steal back my car all alone. I'm so frustrated I could scream!

What a pain in the rectum! :brat: Hopefully this means he will be gone SOONER rather than LATER, though.

Eh, we've gone through this before. I will believe it when it actually occurs. Until then it means practically nothing. At this point I'm just hoping he starts to actually do the stuff he said he would... like cleaning the grout from the tub and building the crib. That would be helpful.

Oh_So - he is treating you appallingly! :( I am SO mad for you!! Why the hell is he acting like such a douche? :hugs:

Yeah, I have no idea what his issue is. I wish he'd figure it, though. It's terrible trying to talk to him. He acts so cold. I know he loves me, but he's got an amazing way of hiding his feelings. But, yeah, he's acting like a jerk. We did finally just go pick up the car, though. It was good he got the brakes done this week, anyhow. There is good and bad, no doubt. Some days I can only see bad, though, because it's blinding!

Aaargh. I mean, it's always so hard to catch up.

Oh_so, I'm sorry your OH is such a jerk. Hopefully he'll pull his act together, this or that way.

I love dairy, that's one single thing I would never ever give up. I do low carb (when not pregnant), but I don't care for Atkins or any other diet/life style with a name. So far, so good. I've lost insane amounts of weight and am overall healthy. I eat low fat dairy, never skim, sometimes whole. Hate things with added sugars, but even more so those with sweeteners. So when I decide to pig out on sweet, I go for the real thing.

Our nursery walk-in closet is finished so I've been organizing and washing little baby items. Awww. (So much work, though.)

Ah! Your nursery has a walk-in closet? I wish my bedroom even had one! So nice.

I'm with you, dairy is delicious, and I am all about real sugar/honey, I can't stand the taste of sweeteners. But, I can't do low-carb. I'm a lover of good bread, and I couldn't live without my fruit. It's just not for me. Hopefully I'll be able to lose the baby weight with a normal diet. Time will tell.

Gahhh, I typed a post and then closed the window by mistake.

I was saying that I eat fruit, I am okay with those carbs. I also love good bread, but there's like none where I live, so if I want some, I have to bake it. Since I'm too lazy to bake all the time, I normally just don't have much of it. We also don't eat pasta but maybe once a month, same with rice and potato. We substitute those with sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash and various complex grains. But all that is from pre-pregnancy; right now I do eat a little bit more of the no-nos. I'll go back to my more strict diet once the baby is here.

As for the walk-in closet, yup, the baby gets it. It's something I've wanted all my life, but I guess the kiddo got lucky, not me. He also has the best room in the house. Our guest room has a small walk-in closet and our bedroom has a giant built-in one. The guy who built the house in 1956. had eight children so he did some insane things when it comes to storage.

Here are a couple pictures:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564629_10151146573708491_883457736_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528142_10151146573768491_1937511877_n.jpg

The rest of the nursery is still in the works. Walls are painted, floor is laid, but the furniture is still being put together. We also have no light fixtures and window treatments. I'm not sure what I want done for lighting.

Wowow! I have a tiny apartment, which wouldn't be so bad if I just had some closet space. We took this place after I had been renting a house with basement and attic. I got rid of lots of stuff, etc, but didn't realize how much I'd miss storage space. I have no place for things. It's stupid. I really need closets. We have two tiny itsy bitsy closets for the whole place, neither is a walk-in, of course. :/

I guess that's one of the good things about living in a tiny town - real estate is (was) so stupidly cheap, that we ended up with about 3000 square feet on three levels and wherever I turn, there's storage. It's all like some weird holiday to me, haha, because I moved to the US from a 1-million European city, where I lived in an apartment and had like NO storage space at all.

Wow !! Would love that much storage space ... we also live in a smallish 2 bed flat (in May we'll be moving into a 3 bed house!) and it's horrible - we don't even have a garden :( But, when OH lost his job in March, we had to live with the in laws for a while and we picked the first place we saw to rent. Couldn't stand living there any longer lol

We have no storage, Germans don't do it :/ In fact they don't leave anything in the house that they can't take with them. IE: kitchens... they take the whole thing with them and just leave an empty room :O

I could definitely do with extra storage! We bought our 2 bed flat back in 2008 (just before the recession - d'oh!), and have gradually don't it up to have functional storage, it still has a way to go though.
Hoping to move in the next couple of years so that LO will have more space to play, and a garden that's their own (ours is shared with other flats).

I'd love to get our own house :(

TMI TIME!!

Ok ladies, every time I got to the doctor he does a swab, so I know I don't have an infection or anything. But... since having for much discharge from pregnancy, I've notice I'm a bit smelly...in that area... any ideas how to get rid of it???? I was considering trying to yogurt thing.

Def try the yoghurt Sarah! I had an off smell too was so paranoid. Did the yoghurt thing and it got rid of it! Its taken bout a week for my normal pregnancy discharge to come back I was just very wet feeling after doing the yoghurt! Can't hurt to try the yoghurt!

Any one else's ms back? Ive woken the last few mornings feelin sick but puked this morning :( dunno if it's just cause ive the flu but have a feeling it's my ms returned!

Thanks! I'm going to try it :p

I hear it's quite normal for MS to come back in 3rd tri :( hopefully it's only a little bit for you :hugs:

yep, me! my MS never went completely but I've been feeling really yucky the last few days, tired, nauseous and today a little bit crampy, like AF is about to start :( I've gone for a lie down x

Lillio :hugs: mine went at like 16 weeks but def think its back! I feel so rough, I'm starving but every time I try eat I've to run to the loo to chuck it, and on top of that I just had my first ever nose bleed from blowing my nose so much! Ugh seriously! Was hoping I'd wake up feeling better not worse!

Hi ladies! I had my baby shower yesterday and had such a wonderful time :) Was sort of dreading it a bit because I hate hosting things but all my friends made it so special! Wasnt expecting any gifts either but I got so much stuff, including loads of lovely home made blankets. My close girl friends even all chipped in and got me a really expensive charm bracelet with a baby charm on. Im one lucky girl! Just thought id attach a few pics for you all :)

As for MS I got it really badly in the first stages of pregnancy but it dissapeared completely at 20 weeks thankgod. I think the last time I threw up was the morning of my 20 week scan actually! But i can feel it slowly creeping back too :wacko: It only seems to be when ive been on my feet for too long though, so i think its just my body's way of telling me to take it easy. Hope your MS goes phineas, and hope you start to feel better too lillio! Think we all need to start taking it easy now we're in the home stretch!

Attachments

• babyshower.jpg
    babyshower.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN8244.jpg
    DSCN8244.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF86336.jpg
    DSCF86336.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF86345.jpg
    DSCF86345.jpg