November Due Dates (cont)

:hugs: Wandering

Man, I can't believe how quickly this thread moves! Crazy...

It moves so quick! If ive been busy all day and havent got on the computer I usually sit down in the evening with a cuppa and catch up on what ive missed. I always have to scroll back about 10 pages though!

Hi ladies. Just catching up. May I say I have never heard foof used for that purpose before. My mother in law calls cool whip (whipped cream) "foof". Now I may never hear her say it again and keep a straight face! THANKS, LOL.

I don't have much to complain about. Just finding myself unable to slouch anymore because it causes discomfort in my ribs. Baby's only going to get bigger!

I'm late to the party again, boo!

Actually, we're spending a weekend in Minneapolis (actually Edina/Bloomington), as a late 3rd anniversary celebration, or whatever. This is a gift from the in-laws. We're literally doing nothing, other than driving around, eating and shopping.

Yogurt users, make sure to use natural yogurt, not vanilla-flavoured, or any other than contains anything but milk. In the US, I have to admit I don't know of any single one other than Dannon All Natural WITH low fat content. It's the only one so far that I've found, that has only grade A pasteurized milk in it and no guar gum or anything else.

I've had tons of discharge and it bothers me slightly that it's yellow-greenish, nearly neon in color, but I try not to worry because it has no smell to it and no tests at the doctor have come back positive to anything. I suppose it then falls under the realm of normal for pregnancy.

Off to browse the internet, looking for a cafe/bar/something with a patio, where we could go spend the evening. No more food for us today, so I really don't want to end at a restaurant, haha.

Hi ladies. Just catching up. May I say I have never heard foof used for that purpose before. My mother in law calls cool whip (whipped cream) "foof". Now I may never hear her say it again and keep a straight face! THANKS, LOL.

I don't have much to complain about. Just finding myself unable to slouch anymore because it causes discomfort in my ribs. Baby's only going to get bigger!

Yeah, first I heard it was on this forum, too. The Brits seem to have loads of name for it... I just call her my vagina. lol!

I'm late to the party again, boo!

Actually, we're spending a weekend in Minneapolis (actually Edina/Bloomington), as a late 3rd anniversary celebration, or whatever. This is a gift from the in-laws. We're literally doing nothing, other than driving around, eating and shopping.

Yogurt users, make sure to use natural yogurt, not vanilla-flavoured, or any other than contains anything but milk. In the US, I have to admit I don't know of any single one other than Dannon All Natural WITH low fat content. It's the only one so far that I've found, that has only grade A pasteurized milk in it and no guar gum or anything else.

I've had tons of discharge and it bothers me slightly that it's yellow-greenish, nearly neon in color, but I try not to worry because it has no smell to it and no tests at the doctor have come back positive to anything. I suppose it then falls under the realm of normal for pregnancy.

Off to browse the internet, looking for a cafe/bar/something with a patio, where we could go spend the evening. No more food for us today, so I really don't want to end at a restaurant, haha.

Yeah, and my midwife said no greek yogurt, because it strains out a lot of good stuff to leave it so thick. In fact, like I posted, she said it's best to buy the plain yogurt and strain it and use the water. Basically you just buy regular, plain yogurt, the thinner the better, no additives or such, and layer a bunch of cheesecloth and plop the yogurt on it and put it in the fridge. The water that comes out is what you want.

Not sure I'd use a tampon as has been suggested. Tampons are very absorbent, there is no way you'll get it soaked up with yogurt otherwise it'd be too big to insert. So, while it's in you it will soak up your natural liquids and leave you dry. I think that's a bad idea. But, if anyone does it, I'd take it out within 4 hours. Pregnancy seems to leave us more susceptible to infection, no need to risk it!

Jaz, what did your doctor say about the discharge color? Normal?

Hope you're having fun for your anniversary outing. :D

Me, too! It's sometimes hard for me to find a comfortable position while sitting on the couch or a chair. And then I get out of breath!

Tuesday i had an OB appt.. it went okay. except my blood pressure was a little high.. 140/82. Its usually low and never an issue. so now im being monitored for that. blah. i got to carry out a lovely large orange container to pee in for 24 hours, keep in the fridge and then bring it back so they can check for protein. oh joy. :(

Oh, wow, I guess they are really being cautious there. I think it takes a few bad readings for our doctors to do a 24 hour pee test. I hope it was just a one-off there for you!

As for my discharge color, I forgot to ask him. No smell, no itch, nothing ever found in my urine, etc. so I'm not worried.

We decided to not leave the hotel room tonight. I guess that's what you get when you send a pregnant woman shopping/driving all day. :lol: We're drinking a non-alcholic beverage and eating bread, cheese and fruit in front of the TV. It's kind of fun, because we don't get any TV at home. :rofl:

I go to what is said to be the best hospital in georgia, and them being overly cautious.. might be why they are ranked #1 lol. I had no protein in my regular urine sample that day but they took blood and gave me the container anyway.

Anyone else feeling really fatigued again?

I work full time but do admin work so it's not physical but Im finding myself falling asleep at my desk sometimes - today I had to go sit in the toilets just to close my eyes. I try and be in bed for 9.30 or 10pm and my alarm goes off at 6.15 for work so can't see that I'm not getting enough sleep.....
Dreading when daylight savings kicks in next month and I have to start work an hour earlier! Eek. Seriously wondering if I'm going to be able to work up to 40 weeks if I'm feeling like this at 28.....and its going to get really hot and humid here in Brisbane

Anyone else feeling really fatigued again?

I work full time but do admin work so it's not physical but Im finding myself falling asleep at my desk sometimes - today I had to go sit in the toilets just to close my eyes. I try and be in bed for 9.30 or 10pm and my alarm goes off at 6.15 for work so can't see that I'm not getting enough sleep.....
Dreading when daylight savings kicks in next month and I have to start work an hour earlier! Eek. Seriously wondering if I'm going to be able to work up to 40 weeks if I'm feeling like this at 28.....and its going to get really hot and humid here in Brisbane

This seems to come in waves for me. The last few days have not been as bad, although still a little tired. And, I'm not anemic or anything, just general pregnancy fatigue. My job is also not all that demanding physically, but like you I struggle for days in a row sometimes trying to stay awake, regardless if I sleep at night or not.

I was going to try to work 'til I popped, but I've given that fantasy up and am going to take the time off from about 35 weeks or so. I am already uncomfortable now and sleepy as can be many days so I'm just hoping I can figure a way to make due with less money so that I can at least get rest and relaxation before baby comes. GL to you working 'til 40! Can you bring a pillow and nap at your desk?

I go to what is said to be the best hospital in georgia, and them being overly cautious.. might be why they are ranked #1 lol. I had no protein in my regular urine sample that day but they took blood and gave me the container anyway.
Oh, it's better to be safe than sorry, that's for sure! I'm with the Mayo clinic, they're supposedly really good, too.

I'm like Oh_so, there are days when I can barely stay up, and then there are some when I'm literally bursting with energy. No pattern to it. There are also days when I'm really physically fit, as well as those where, I think, the little guy decides to choose an awkward position, which then messes me up greatly.

I don't know yet how the whole system works, so I'm not sure if I can quit working before I start labouring. I have 5 or 6 weeks of paid sick days (I forgot how many exactly, oops) and then can be gone up to 12 weeks total, under the FMLA thing. I do plan to extend my stay, unpaid, of course, up to 6 months, or perhaps even longer. They'll probably just fire me, but oh well.

mmm naps, finally switching from graveyard to swing shift. So tired and 2 more months to go till maternity leave come on november!

Oh, it's better to be safe than sorry, that's for sure! I'm with the Mayo clinic, they're supposedly really good, too.

I'm like Oh_so, there are days when I can barely stay up, and then there are some when I'm literally bursting with energy. No pattern to it. There are also days when I'm really physically fit, as well as those where, I think, the little guy decides to choose an awkward position, which then messes me up greatly.

I don't know yet how the whole system works, so I'm not sure if I can quit working before I start labouring. I have 5 or 6 weeks of paid sick days (I forgot how many exactly, oops) and then can be gone up to 12 weeks total, under the FMLA thing. I do plan to extend my stay, unpaid, of course, up to 6 months, or perhaps even longer. They'll probably just fire me, but oh well.

With a regular job unless you work that out with the boss in advance I'd say you're pretty well going to lose that one. I'm not sure I'd say anything about the extra leave, honestly, because some companies are jerks and would simply let you go. Of course, you'd be able to sue, but that's just annoying. Instead I'd note the planned 12 week leave and then, after the paid time runs out and you're into your unpaid part of the 12 weeks, I'd tell them that you've decided you'd like to extend it, etc, and see what they say.

mmm naps, finally switching from graveyard to swing shift. So tired and 2 more months to go till maternity leave come on november!

Oh, you poor dear. I used to work graveyard, when I was younger (18-21), and I felt like I handled it just fine then. But now I think I would have quite a difficult time of it. What is swing shift?

Oh, you poor dear. I used to work graveyard, when I was younger (18-21), and I felt like I handled it just fine then. But now I think I would have quite a difficult time of it. What is swing shift?

Swing shift is between like 2p and 11p at night which is such a nice change instead of overnights but oh sometimes I miss 9-5ing it.

Than after baby its back to graveyards

I'm difinitely feeling the fatigue! I'm not sure it ever really left in 2nd tri! Am finding some of my days off are less productive as I just don't have the energy & need to recover from the working days.
Having said that, the last couple of weeks have been an improvement at work since I've now managed to negotiate set time off my feet daily. Couldn't have come soon enough as my hips get so sore from standing all the time (I work in retail), and even if I was sitting down to rest, if we were busy, I'd be getting asked to come out & serve. No more! I have it all as a written agreement now!
As for maternity, I'm stopping at 36 weeks. I still have a weeks hol to take in between now & then so we're going away for DH's birthday for a couple of nights.

Bugaboo, how are you getting on at your new job? I remember your post from 2nd tri. Hope they're being alright with you :)

I had a dream last night that my baby was a puppy... it was a very cute adorable puppy though!

a puppy baby?! that's so cute! I'm exhausted... but bored too lol! Finished work last week and also finished our house, so sitting here, no work, house perfect, nursery finished, exhaused... but totally restless!

I'm irritating myself!! Can't get comfortable, anyone else have restless legs? I can't keep them still! It used to be just at night but now it's during the day too!

30 weeks today tho which is exciting!! Baby isn't moving as much but I figure it's cos IRS running out of room! Hope everyone's well today! xx

Finally here's a bump pic - 31w+2d!
https://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/strirrel/speckle/DSC03750-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"