November Due Dates (cont)

hiya not due til dec 2nd but im having a csection so it will be in november at some point though i havent got a date yet grr and im having a boy this will be my fourth and last baby i already have two girls and a boy :) x

Nice bump!!

Welcome Miss Cakes, I remember you from 1st or second tri :)

a puppy baby?! that's so cute! I'm exhausted... but bored too lol! Finished work last week and also finished our house, so sitting here, no work, house perfect, nursery finished, exhaused... but totally restless!

I'm irritating myself!! Can't get comfortable, anyone else have restless legs? I can't keep them still! It used to be just at night but now it's during the day too!

30 weeks today tho which is exciting!! Baby isn't moving as much but I figure it's cos IRS running out of room! Hope everyone's well today! xx

This is totally me! Being at home is not all it's cracked up to be sometimes! I really need something to do :/

Bugaboo, how are you getting on at your new job? I remember your post from 2nd tri. Hope they're being alright with you :)

Thanks for asking! Yes everyone is fine - bump does get stared at a lot though haha. Just finding it quite tiring being up so early then commuting on peak hour trains. Am seriously considering only working up to 36 weeks now and having the last month off - that's still 2 months of full time work left - eek!

Stunning bump sk! Love the colour of ur top!

Sarah if u ask my oh whether he wants a boy or a girl he says neither he wants a puppy lol so I want a girl, DS a boy and daddy wants a puppy...hmmm lol

Hey miss cakes! :D

Ok I feel a lil better today thank god! Still got nauseous this morn but I held it in! DS was back to school... God my house is so quiet! Glad tbh baby ll be here in few weeks I miss him lol so I've been up and about since 8. Feel really good getting up to do summat productive tho! So been to pay bills and do a bit of shopping, cleaned the house (nothing major tho today just enough to keep it clean!) and now cooking DS some dinner for when he's finished! Sun is shining ere so I'm gonna enjoy sitting out with my lunch, after I hang out washing! Still a bit shaky and cold sweats etc but hey anythings an improvement so I'll take it!

Any one anything exciting planned?

Happy Labor Day!!! Hope that none of us actually labor today :haha:

Nothing exciting here. DS is home from school for the holiday and OH went into work to get some overtime.

Got one of my closets sorted yesterday, and a giant bag of coats got donated so I felt pretty productive. Today is the DS closets (shutters). Again should have a bag of clothing for donation as well as toys.

Im trying to enjoy my last few days off. Fall term starts this thursday :nope: This is going to be my hardest term yet since all I have on my mind is getting ready for baby, and daydreaming about her being here. Also hoping that my professor is still going to work with me with giving birth and being able to take the final. Guess we shall see.

Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

I don't know yet how the whole system works, so I'm not sure if I can quit working before I start labouring. I have 5 or 6 weeks of paid sick days (I forgot how many exactly, oops) and then can be gone up to 12 weeks total, under the FMLA thing. I do plan to extend my stay, unpaid, of course, up to 6 months, or perhaps even longer. They'll probably just fire me, but oh well.

With a regular job unless you work that out with the boss in advance I'd say you're pretty well going to lose that one. I'm not sure I'd say anything about the extra leave, honestly, because some companies are jerks and would simply let you go. Of course, you'd be able to sue, but that's just annoying. Instead I'd note the planned 12 week leave and then, after the paid time runs out and you're into your unpaid part of the 12 weeks, I'd tell them that you've decided you'd like to extend it, etc, and see what they say.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what the plan is, at least right now. Use up all the planned leave (of course they'll pack all of my vacation time into it, too, which is nice because it will be paid, but is absolutely nasty because, if I stay, I will have exactly ZERO vacation days for the rest of the year), and then start submitting extension requests. They sometimes allow another month, or so, of unpaid, which would still be okay, because you can work out your health insurance situation with them. Either way, yes, it's a regular job, it pays really well, but it's crap that I don't want to do; I just need/want its benefits at the moment. The good side of it is that they're shortstaffed and have been having issues finding new people who are actually worth something, so I can maybe assume they'd just take me back once I'm ready (and if there's nothing better for me to do).

We'll see, of course. First I need to figure out how/when to stop working prior to my due date.

Nice bump!

And yay for Labour day. I mean, yay for any paid holidays, really, since there are so few in this country!

I'm hungry and we didn't go with a breakfast at this hotel (they offered mostly just eggs and bacon and I can't do that in the morning, ick), so I have to figure out if there's anything in the neighbourhood available to feed me. :lol:

Hey guys, how are we all doing?
Been a little while since I popped in here so thought id stick my head in and say hello and update :)

Had my 28 week appointment today, went really well :) His heart sounds lovely and he is head down too, been there for 2 weeks now so he must be comfortable! Im measuring at 30 weeks also according to fundal height. Have a growth scan booked for next monday so looking forward to seeing him again very soon :)

Already too much drama this morning! I got my weekly email notification that I'm 30 weeks, so I started feeling a little panicky. That means that I'm 6 weeks away from delivering a full-term baby, and 10 weeks, max, from delivering! Nursery still isn't done and name still isn't picked out. I'm super excited but I'm also worried about getting my final PhD exams taken (in mid-October) before the baby comes and getting everything ready in the nursery.

So I share this with SO before he goes to work and I also share that my email says pregnant ladies should get pampered in the last 10 weeks because we're busy growing a baby, we've got weight gain, swollen extremities, feel tired, etc. So he's NOT interested in pampering me because I "don't have a full-time or strenuous job." I'm studying for my BIG exams in October, working as a grader, doing all the housework, cooking, and grocery shopping, and apparently it's not enough for pampering! He gets annoyed and says, "Fine, so in addition to me working full time and taking online classes, I'll come home and pamper you." BLEAH!

My baby has just kicked me up in the rib cage. That hurt. This is a new development! ouch! need to change sitting position but cant get comfy.

Yay! you have ordered your car seat SarahDiener. We bought our car seat, pram and mattress on Saturday. Such a relief didn't realise how much I was stressing that I didnt have it yet.:dohh: Mothercare were rubbing there hands after we left spent a small fortune.

Anyone up to anything nice today?

YAy for the good scan Sarahcake!

Sounds like you SO was in a pretty shitty mood :/ MedievalGrad. He's probably stressed out about the baby and things as well. Not that that excuses him!! My DH is similar, he's just not that way inclined... he's really uninterested in giving me a back rub, even when I'm really in pain. He'll do it really softly for less than a minute :/. He also loves to say things like "you have it easy because you don't have to work". Which I don't argue against! I do! But it doesn't make it easy, it just makes it less hard :p

Just make sure you take it easy in your own way. You could always book a massage or lax a bit on the housework over the next 10 weeks... Just focus on your exams, get the baby room done and everything else can take the back seat!

We're getting the mattress, mattress protectors and sheets once the cot finally arrives!

Sorry to hear the Medieval :nope: Guys can be such dumb dumbs!!
Working on finsihing your degree while cooking a youngin IS a full time job, but some men don't get it!

I'm pretty lucky in that aspect. My OH is the one that insisted I not work while going to school and being pregnant. Especially after the LO arrives. Finishing school, BF'ing, and working full time would have made me a cranky lady and I dont think he wanted to deal with it :haha: He also will not let me take out the trash or lift anything he deems heavy. No wonder I've gained 29lbs :blush:

I feel bad because he does pamper me. After he has worked all day (physical labor) he still comes home and rubs my back because im complaining about uncomfortable I am, when he is the one that really deserves it. I think thats why I love him so much.

YAy for the good scan Sarahcake!

Sounds like you SO was in a pretty shitty mood :/ MedievalGrad. He's probably stressed out about the baby and things as well. Not that that excuses him!! My DH is similar, he's just not that way inclined... he's really uninterested in giving me a back rub, even when I'm really in pain. He'll do it really softly for less than a minute :/. He also loves to say things like "you have it easy because you don't have to work". Which I don't argue against! I do! But it doesn't make it easy, it just makes it less hard :p

Just make sure you take it easy in your own way. You could always book a massage or lax a bit on the housework over the next 10 weeks... Just focus on your exams, get the baby room done and everything else can take the back seat!

We're getting the mattress, mattress protectors and sheets once the cot finally arrives!

I feel the same way. I feel lucky to have my flexible schedule. And I tried to explain that I didn't mean waiting on me hand and foot, but he was too annoyed by that point and stomped out.

Sorry to hear about OH MedievalGrad. MommaB's right, men just don't get it sometimes. Your OH should WANT to pamper you! It's not like a foot or backrub here and there is gonna take THAT much effort! :p Boys!

My DH, while frustrating at times (like all men can be once in a while), is adamant about me not lifting too much or overdoing anything. Probably because DD came almost 4 weeks early and he blames it on me working too hard at my job.

I suppose that is part of the benefit of being on hospital bedrest and taking it literally a day at a time. My DH sees via dr and nurses just how difficult this is, and really is sweet saying "I just want all my girls home safely."

Of course he's already started taunting me about how he's going to be the sugar daddy since my odds of going back to work are extremely thin. Ah well. I did sucker him into a two minute back and shoulder rub yesterday.

So I was just browsing the 3rd tri threads and came across a women that gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 32+2 :shock:

I have got to stop reading these posts they freak me out!!!

MommaBerry--try not to freak out too much. My end goal is 34 weeks (unlikely to make it that far) so I've learned much, and it is amazing what medical advances have been made.

At 29 weeks, for example, survival rate is over 96% percent and rate of intact survival (meaning no permanent disabilities) is 96%!!!!

32 weeks is a magical number where risks are sooooo few and generally have to do with eyesight. Now this doesn't mean a preemie won't have a rough first month or so as minor issues will correct themselves, but what peace in knowing your LO(s) has such great odds of being just fine!

I saw that one too MommaB! At least all our babies stand an excellent chance now if, God forbid, our babies decide to come.

I'm with you though. Hope none of us labor on Labor Day.

Oh, it's my mom's birthday today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->