November Due Dates (cont)

WTBmyBFP, thanks for the stats. Hope you get to your goal!

WTB- I hope you and your LO's can make it to 34!!Heck I hope you can make it to 36! I know our LO's can make it, it's the NICU that scares me. I guess with multiples though that is more of a reality for you. I hope they don't have to spend much time there and you get to take them home ASAP with no complications!!

Bookity, happy birthday to your Mom!!

32 +2... that's in 5 days O_O....

I'm still trying to figure out if the system here means that if I did go into preterm labour (or thought I was) that I ring my OB, my midwife or the hospital... I might just ring my midwife.. even though she's a bit shit and has nothing to do with the birth... but idk! well maybe my OB, he does say "ring if you have any questions"... and he's nice and speaks english... And I guess at night it'll be a taxi to the hospital if I go while DH is away.
Sorry rambling! I don't think I will go into early labour, I just don't feel ready for the possibility :p

So I was just browsing the 3rd tri threads and came across a women that gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 32+2 :shock:

I have got to stop reading these posts they freak me out!!!

RIGHT!! i saw that too. that would be two weeks away and no way in hell am i ready. plus my LO is measuring a little small too. i would be freaked to the max. right now he is dancing on my ribcage, and even though it hurts, i need him to stay there for many more weeks!

Good morning, Ladies. Or good afternoon, anyway. I've had a late start. :) Off to the nearest city today to have lunch and grab some food that we don't have here from the Turkish market. Yay!

fwiw, I found the healthy birth at 32+2 very comforting. That means a good deal of us would have birthable babies at this point! :D Of course it's best they stay in, but good to know if they come out that they could be A-OK. :D

I guess today is just my complainy day! So I'm supposed to be scheduling the oral defense for my exams, and I get an email back from one of my professors, saying that the "best" date for him would be sometime "late" November "before the 26th."

I am DUE on November 12. Come on, don't tell me those are the ONLY days you can do! What's worse is that I'm technically supposed to write my exams 2 weeks before the oral defense date. Does he really think I want to WRITE MY EXAMS the week before I am due or the week I am due?! I sure as poop don't!

Omg been ages since been on here, I'm sure I'm having another boy cause I saw the denk denk on the scan!!

So nervous xxx

Wow... does he need a reminder when you are due?? I can't imagine DH being that jerky to his students or even any of his colleagues!!! Or is he just a bit clueless???

I agree! It is comforting to know that if they came they would be ok. I think its just im mostly not prepared for her arrival that freaks me out and I wont be until the middle of October when my student loan check arrives. If she were to come today all she would have is 8 sleepers, a freebie bottle, one package of diapers, and a package of wipes. Come on October so I can finish up my purchasing!

Wow... does he need a reminder when you are due?? I can't imagine DH being that jerky to his students or even any of his colleagues!!! Or is he just a bit clueless???

I am not sure, but I emailed head of my committee, who happens to be his wife, LOL, and told her about my difficulties in scheduling the date. I know he knows I'm pregnant, so I'm just hoping he doesn't exactly remember the due date, as opposed to genuinely thinking this was the best time!

Sorry to hear that Medieval. Thats why im so stressed with this semester as well. Im due to have the baby on the 2nd, but my finals are on the 15th. So I have to go to class for two weeks after baby gets here and prepare for my final. Which means finding someone to drive me (since c-sections cant drive for 3 weeks) and taking her and OH with me so that if she needs to feed I can excuse myself from lecture to do so while he sits in the lobby with her. Im not looking forward to it but am thankful my teacher is working with me. I plan to take the winter term off and just focus on adjusting with baby and myself.

My other class is online so hopefully I can still pull an A off in that one as well but it means taking my laptop to the hospital and working on that class after having her.

Hahaha, i love it. Good luck :p I told my DH about it too:)

Momma, Can you not get someone to record the lectures for you? Or can he just provide you with the lecture notes??

Yeah, I guess some men are more clueless than others Medieval. Sorry you're having this crappy day!

Hahaha, i love it. Good luck :p I told my DH about it too:)

Momma, Can you not get someone to record the lectures for you? Or can he just provide you with the lecture notes??

I wish!!! My school is big on attendance. If for some reason I have her early and miss two consecutive weeks I am dropped and receive an imcomplete. I would be beside myself to go all the way through the term only to be dropped from the class with a few weeks remaining. So my only choice is to go :nope:

Sorry to hear that Medieval. Thats why im so stressed with this semester as well. Im due to have the baby on the 2nd, but my finals are on the 15th. So I have to go to class for two weeks after baby gets here and prepare for my final. Which means finding someone to drive me (since c-sections cant drive for 3 weeks) and taking her and OH with me so that if she needs to feed I can excuse myself from lecture to do so while he sits in the lobby with her. Im not looking forward to it but am thankful my teacher is working with me. I plan to take the winter term off and just focus on adjusting with baby and myself.

My other class is online so hopefully I can still pull an A off in that one as well but it means taking my laptop to the hospital and working on that class after having her.

Can you take finals later? I know at my university you can take an Incomplete instead of a letter grade and finish your work for the semester later. The Incomplete doesn't hurt your GPA and you have a certain number of months to finish the work and get a real letter grade. Just an option! Glad your teacher is working with you, though.

I'm just nervous about making a fuss in my department because they already had to rearrange my work schedule around when one professor was "uncomfortable" working with me during the semester I was going to give birth.

You know, that might be an option at my university as well. I have never looked into it as I never thought I would be in a situation that I needed too. As long as it doesnt hurt my GPA (ive worked my butt off to keep at a 4.0) then it may be an option. Thanks I will definetly look into that :hugs:

Hi ladies, just been catching up! You've been a chatty bunch today :)

a
I'm irritating myself!! Can't get comfortable, anyone else have restless legs? I can't keep them still! It used to be just at night but now it's during the day too!

I totally get the restless legs! Mainly when I'm trying to sleep, and it tends to be worse if I've had a busy day/been on my feet a lot. Don't know if you're in the uk? I have this lotion called Lucky Legs by Mama Mio, you can get it in John Lewis. It's amazing for soothing & relaxing. You apply it from the knee downwards. I totally recommend it. I've already used a whole bottle of it & am onto my second bottle.

Can you take finals later? I know at my university you can take an Incomplete instead of a letter grade and finish your work for the semester later. The Incomplete doesn't hurt your GPA and you have a certain number of months to finish the work and get a real letter grade. Just an option! Glad your teacher is working with you, though.

I'm just nervous about making a fuss in my department because they already had to rearrange my work schedule around when one professor was "uncomfortable" working with me during the semester I was going to give birth.

I really hope this is an option for you MommaB. The alternative sounds so frustrating!

Bugaboo, how are you getting on at your new job? I remember your post from 2nd tri. Hope they're being alright with you :)

Thanks for asking! Yes everyone is fine - bump does get stared at a lot though haha. Just finding it quite tiring being up so early then commuting on peak hour trains. Am seriously considering only working up to 36 weeks now and having the last month off - that's still 2 months of full time work left - eek!

Glad it's going okay, I know what you mean about work, I'm glad to only have 6 weeks left to work, but sometimes I think 6 weeks is soooo long! I can't imagine working til 40 weeks, although that was my original (naive) plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->