November Due Dates (cont)

Hi ladieeees!!! YOu have sure been chatty since last night!! :)

I've made it to 31 weeks today so to read a woman had a healthy baby at 32 weeks is sort of relieving!!

Hope your school can sort your exam out medieval!!

I'm so sorry if I forgot anyones post ..... just read through 6 pages of posts so can't remember everything :(

Hey ladies, the last couple of weeks I've been feeling a bit anxious about not being prepared for baby - we hardly have anything, the nursery isn't even started & we're still trying to get the windows replaced in our room & baby's room (they're really draughty & baby will be in our room to start with).
However yesterday & today we've bought loads from our list (we have a list at John Lewis so that everything is delivered together). We still have a lot to do, next thing to do is sort the pram & car seat.
Feeling a bit better, although still overwhelmed by how much there is to do! Anyone else?

(Raises hand) Me me me!!!!

I have two babyshowers coming up not this weekend but the next and am not expecting to get things I actually need (if you know what I mean I know everyone wants to buy her clothes, but not the things that babies really really need) So like I said earlier, I have to wait for my student loan check to get here (mid-october) to finish up purchasing items. Talk about cutting it close!

All I can do for now is clean and organize and get ready for the stuff I need to purchase (everything!!)

Hey ladies, the last couple of weeks I've been feeling a bit anxious about not being prepared for baby - we hardly have anything, the nursery isn't even started & we're still trying to get the windows replaced in our room & baby's room (they're really draughty & baby will be in our room to start with).
However yesterday & today we've bought loads from our list (we have a list at John Lewis so that everything is delivered together). We still have a lot to do, next thing to do is sort the pram & car seat.
Feeling a bit better, although still overwhelmed by how much there is to do! Anyone else?

Yes, that was my original worry when I woke up this morning after realizing I was 30 weeks along! I have a stroller, bath, baby swing, Pack 'n' Play, and newborn clothes.

I was going to wait until after my two showers, one this weekend and one the next, to get everything else. Getting a carseat, co-sleeper or crib, changing table, and diapers (I might try cloth) are the most urgent necessities!

I too have modest expectations for my showers. I know my friends and SO's family are very generous people, but I think it's better not to assume they're going to cover all the necessities! Plus some people just don't like registries. They all know my nursery theme, which is Noah's Ark, so I'm looking forward to getting some cute stuff I didn't even know I wanted! :crib:

Urm ... we have nappies, wipes, moses basket, loads of clothes, car seat (Using the one we bought for my youngest), baby swing ...

Bath - she'll just go straight in the big bath ... urm already have a double pram but because, I'm not entirely sure how Stephen will react going on a buggy board straight away, we bought a sling for her to go in at the beginning. I'm not bothering with a change table .. we had one with our first and it got used about 6 times - we just used a change mat on the floor in whatever room we were in.

I'm not sure whether to get bottles? I am planning on BF'ing, and if we get bottles as a just incase I may be more inclined to just give in and FF (nothing wrong with FF ... we FF both boys from week 2 and day 2, and they are perfectly healthy boys). Mainly want to BF just so MIL can't get near her ..... bad isn't it?

Just need a baby sleeping bag, dummies, nipple cream, bouncer (want a pink one), play gym and that's about it really

Glad I'm not the only one whose not super organised.

Girls, I've just had a very scary trip to the bathroom. TMI alert! There was blood, a fair amount of it, bright red. I was trying not to freak out so I wiped with damp tissue. Thing is, I can't find where it was coming from! I'd only been for a number 1 so don't think it's piles, and it didn't seem to come from my foof. I can't find any cuts or abrasions (I thought maybe I'd caught myself somehow). So I've just drunk a lot of water to make myself pee.
I don't really know what to do with myself as it (whatever the source!) doesn't seem to be bleeding anymore, so I don't even know if it's worth getting checked out.
Would really appreciate your advice if you have any.

Edit: it doesn't seem to be in my pee. I'm so confused!

Oh my gosh - what our neighbours must think of us!
We had so much delivered today! Wedding card stuff - 3 deliveries, carry cot, and still another delivery for the mattresses tomorrow. Then by the end of the week we are expecting the cotbed and dresser/changer!
its all systems go here at the mo! As soon as the cotbed and dresser arrives then We can start properly arranging things in her room.
DF also fetched the moses basket and pram (both from his sister) other day!
There is just baby stuff all over the house!
Well if its not baby stuff its wedding invite bits and bobs!

Ok time for bed! Night night all

Glad I'm not the only one whose not super organised.

Girls, I've just had a very scary trip to the bathroom. TMI alert! There was blood, a fair amount of it, bright red. I was trying not to freak out so I wiped with damp tissue. Thing is, I can't find where it was coming from! I'd only been for a number 1 so don't think it's piles, and it didn't seem to come from my foof. I can't find any cuts or abrasions (I thought maybe I'd caught myself somehow). So I've just drunk a lot of water to make myself pee.
I don't really know what to do with myself as it (whatever the source!) doesn't seem to be bleeding anymore, so I don't even know if it's worth getting checked out.
Would really appreciate your advice if you have any.

Edit: it doesn't seem to be in my pee. I'm so confused!

I'd call your midwife .. any blood I'd get checked out at this stage hun - try not to panic though!!

Bean I'd get checked to hun! Can u put ur finger up and see? Wash tho first and don't give urself an infection! It's not worth not to get checked tho spec if uve no obvious signs of cuts etc :hugs:

I think I'd feel like I was wasting their time, as there's no blood now, no evidence of where the blood has come from... I'm so confused. If it had come from my foof then surely there would be old blood as well. DH is saying we should phone them in the morning.... I'm just really so confused as to where it came from & how quickly it stopped. It was bleeding as if there was a cut, and then suddenly nothing? Sorry for tmi.

I think I'd feel like I was wasting their time, as there's no blood now, no evidence of where the blood has come from... I'm so confused. If it had come from my foof then surely there would be old blood as well. DH is saying we should phone them in the morning.... I'm just really so confused as to where it came from & how quickly it stopped. It was bleeding as if there was a cut, and then suddenly nothing? Sorry for tmi.

I would call, but that might be just because I'm extra cautious! Don't worry about wasting their time. I called my doctor's office earlier this month because I was worried my hormones/crying could hurt the baby. They were as nice and helpful as can be (the answer is no, for all the rest of you with emotional hormones!).

Can u put a pad on, ring ur dr to just ask advice and wait an hour see if the bad gets blood? I was told red blood = hosp time! I'm not trying to scare, I bled at 20 weeks and wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Thanks girls, I've phoned & spoken to a midwife. She says to put a pad on & monitor if there's any more bleeding. It appears to have stopped, I still have no clue as to where it's come from but baby is still kicking & I'm not in any pain. I've had a wee look & 'checked' it's not coming from there & it really doesn't seem to be.

Thanks for the support, I'm still very confused & pretty sure I won't sleep very well tonight but hey ho!

Oh, this is fun! Let's see, what we have so far...

Car seat
Crib/mattress/mobile (but OH has to build it this week!!)
Lamby (lamb's wool for tummy time)
Clothes (everything but a snowsuit)
Bouncer (vibrating)
Breast pump

Things still on the list:
Beco Gemini carrier
Comotomo bottle
Muslins
Breast pads
Activity gym
Changing pad for the dresser
Bed rail (we're co-sleeping for awhile)
Diapers/wipes
Duplicate sheets, etc, so we don't run out since we pay for laundry.

So exciting finishing shopping for baby. :D

Okay! Here's my turn.

What we have:
Car seat
clothes
bathtub
wash cloths
burp rags/muslins
breast pump
swing
pack n play*
diaper bag*
play gym*
bottles*

* indicates that I have it, but would like another one or a new one

What we need:
crib/mattress
double stroller
minivan (not necessarily a "baby" item, but definitely needed before baby is here)
more diapers
external parts for breast pump
new nipples for bottles
pacifiers
breast/nipple shells to use before baby comes to draw out inverted nips (woohoo)

What I want:
Bouncer
Tummy Time Mat

Really hoping that my breastfeeding attempt has more success this time around. Though I'm pleased that my daughter got at least SOME breastmilk until she was almost 6 months due to pumping, I would really like if I could give milk to number two "from the tap" if you will. I always felt chained to my breast pump and the house when she was little. I think that once I get the hang of BF-ing, I could be more mobile with number two.

Oh, bookity, I read about the breast shields. I don't have flat/inverted nips, but they aren't super pronounced, either. I'm hoping I can go without, but the store near me has these so I can grab them if I need. Good call! I've also read that pumping for a second before can help. I am thinking of getting a cheapo manual pump for this purpose. I have an expensive double-electric, but that's more for pumping quantity when I go back to work.

Also, I keep forgetting about getting a diaper bag. OH and I will share it, so it needs to be a backpack style and something not too girly. I still haven't figured it yet. I found one backpack one that looked good, but maybe a bit large. I really do want a specific bag because just a regular backpack would be lame due to lack of compartmentalization.

I'm thinking of foregoing the bathtub and just mainly sponge bathing and then bathing with him. We'll see how it works out I guess. I have no idea how realistic that is.

Ooh let's see, so far we have...

Pram (ABC Cobra) with bassinet attachment on order from Germany
Fisherprice Rock n Play Sleeper
Mix of clothes-new and 2nd hand-from newborn to 12 months
Dummies
Medela Swing Electric Breast Pump
2 bottles
Medela sterilizer bags
Swaddles
Sheepskin insert for pram
Muslin squares
Nursing wedge
Tummy time mat
Baby bag
Portable change mat
Cot mobile
Breast pads
Some Nappies and wipes (will wait till she's born to buy more)
Bebe pod
Bibs
Baby carrier
Tens machine
Baby seat for bath

Still to get
Car seat (husbands family buying)
Cot when she's a few months
Nipple shields
Nipple cream
Change table/change pad
Nappy cream
Baby powder (although I read recently you shouldn't use this)

Tossing up whether to buy a room thermometer for the coming summer as it gets very hot and humid in Brisbane and whether to buy a dehumidifier

And a few minor items like cotton wool, baby bath oil, nailclippers etc

And we have:

crib
travel pack'n'play for our bedroom and the whole downstairs
stroller
carseat
receiving blankets, muslin clothes, fitted sheets for the crib, etc.
boppy
some cheap swing
newborn clothes
clothes bigger than newborn (collected on sales, as well as hand me downs)
snowsuit
bathing tub ordered today
camera
cloth diapers
diaper bag on its way
ring sling
most of the nursery completed
changing pad (opted out of changing table)

Need:
movement monitor
activity mat
thermometer/brush/comb/nail clipper/etc.
breast pads

I probably forgot a ton of things from both lists, too. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back