November Due Dates (cont)

Have u it ordered long sarah?
We have DS's cot! We've moved house like 5 times since he was in it, and brought it from house to house with us! Oh nearly left it in the house we left a month before I got preg! Oh had to ask for the keys back to get it lol so we just need a new mattress!

Yay for growing babies! Tho tbh I dunno how u last longer than ten without food! I try have mine at 9 but there's some mornings I need it earlier if I'm up!

Anyone able to see body parts yet? If I'm lying on my side (only left tho) u can see baby moving his arm from side to side! It's really cool!

Glad your feeling better bean!

As for what we have for baby,

Nursery furniture (cotbed, wardrobe, change table)
All bedding, changemat, curtains mobile etc
Maxicosi carseat
Quinny Buzz 3 Pram
Nappies, wipes, General baby toiletries
Sleepsuits, vests, babygrows, snowsuit, hats etc
Blankets (all knit by my wee granny)
Baby monitor
Baby swing
Moses basket and stand
Changing bag (LOVE IT)
Breast pump, bottles, steriliser
Sling to carry baby

Still to get
Baby bath
Nursing bras
Hospital bag stuff
Muslins

Wow that's a lot lol!

We bought a 2nd hand Medela electric breast pump off Gumtree for half price and the lady threw in a heap of free stuff when we went to collect it - nursing wedge, bottles, bumbo, nappy bag portable change mat, sterilizer bags, sheepskin insert, muslin squares and girls clothes - it was all in as new condition. Score! :happydance:

Awesome!!! :D

We ordered the cot about 3 weeks ago :/
Oh and I'd had breakfast at 8am :), I was just crazy hungry again!

That's so cool phineas!! I've not been able to tell what they are but I get a lot of lumps. So maybe this wont be too far off :)

But things are always pretty expensive here...

That's funny. I ordered my co-sleeper cot from Germany as it was 2-4 times cheaper than anything I could find in Ireland or the UK.:D

I have most things I think, I still have to get;
The car seat, we're ordering the Graco Duologic 2 from Sweden in a couple of weeks,
A changing bag,
2 wet bags for dirty nappies,
A few more nursing bras and tops,
Coconut oil and Lanisoh cream,
A new charger for the camera,
and Maternity pads.

Is anyone getting/hiring a Tens machine?

But things are always pretty expensive here...

Is anyone getting/hiring a Tens machine?

My mum has one so will be borrowing that. I used it last week when I had my braces tightened and was in agony. I attached one pad to my face and it was twitching away so madly I looked like I was having a fit, I couldn't stop laughing. Must say - its more of a distraction from the pain than actual pain relief. I'm such a wimp and have a low pain threshold, something tells me more hardcore pain relief is on the menu for labour!!

Morning you chatty little ladies :flower:

Sarah, Oh I so hope he gets the call!! :hugs:

As for seeing baby move about oh yes. Last night we saw her moving body parts all over the place. We could see her hands press up against my right side and then at the same time could see what i imagine was a foot press out from the bottom of my belly. TONS of movment yesterday so maybe she is trying to flip herself around. Last sono showed her head up still.

Today finishing going through DS clothes, his dressers and hampers, and then to tackle the hall closets.

Aww, so cute MommaB. I see things proding and poking around my belly all the time, but I can't tell what they are. There's probably too much padding between me and the baby. :lol:

Sarah, keeping my fingers crossed for the NZ job for your husband! After the weekend in Minneapolis, it feels shitty to be back in our little boring useless town, ugh. I am such a big city person, I just can't get used to this small town life, ugh ugh ugh. I love that snowsuit, too! I'm not sure if we actually need to buy a real one as well. It's cold here in the winter, but usually too cold for the baby to go anywhere without the car. Hm. We'll see.

Morning MommaB! :wave:

I've been given a Tens machine on loan, it's my sister's friends one. I have to buy the pads for it though, which I presume I can buy online.

I've been having visible movements but am not able to distinguish what's what yet.

Spoke to the reflexology midwife & she said if baby is kicking & I feel okay & there's no more blood, then it's probably nothing to worry about, but if it happens again then to just phone & tell them I'm coming in to get checked. Still wearing a pad just in case.

Afternoon ladies! :hi:

Sarah - Exciting times! hope you get the call:flower:
Momma - Your so lucky, I cant wait to see a foot or a hand! I have had lots of movements just nothing noticeable yet. Although I may have seen a bottom??

Hope everyone else is having a great Tuesday! :thumbup:

Afternoon Ladies,

Just had my GTT take 2. The nurse managed to get bloods this time, yay :happydance:. I really expected it to be a horrific experience, but it was actually a walk in the park. The drink was very sugary but was drinkable, the worst bit was having to sit and do nothing for 2 hours!! I'm pretty sure my results will come back normal, just got to wait now.

Baby is going a bit crazy now, think its all the sugar lol.

Hope you are all having a good day :)

xx

I see my stomach move all the time, its like a water bed! But I can never tell where abouts the baby is positioned or see actual limbs. The right side of my belly next to my belly button always rises up recently and i always think that might be her little bum but who knows!

Glad your GTT went okay Lucy :)

Im probably going to sound stupid but what is a tens machine!? It keeps being mentioned in my pregnancy book as well but I have no idea what it is :shrug:

i get to see my LO in just a few hours!!! another lovely ultrasound. I hate the fact that hes measuring small and i have to have these growth scans but its wonderful i get to see him every 2-3 weeks. and i ALWAYS get pictures. I can pretty much fill an entire photo album with all the ultrasound pictures ive gotten.
have a great day ladies!

Good luck destiny!! Cant wait to hear how little man is doing!!

Wandering it wont be long then until you see hands and feet if your seeing her rise up. I wish she was bum up so I could give it a little tap when she is being a pain in my bum :haha:

Morning ladies! Just catching up. Sarah, hope that your OH gets the job in NZ so you be where you really want to be!

I've seen lots (LOTS) of squirming movement from outside, but haven't really placed body parts. I know babe is head down at the moment though. And her butt/back is all curved round my right side making me all lopsided, lol.

I can't really tell what body parts I have at the surface but I can totally feel when it's an arm or leg versus a head or hiney! I can also tell whose body it is as they are decently settled into their spots. Cuuute. And I agree with the tap on the hiney when they are being naughty and kicking each other or playing jungle gym in my ribs.

Off to my 32 week midwife appointment :happydance:
wee sample done and feeling quite chuffed with myself. My wee looks like I have got it from the tap!
I might as well sell it back to the water company and I charge them lol I hope its ok now I have said that! lol:dohh:

wish me luck!

Im probably going to sound stupid but what is a tens machine!? It keeps being mentioned in my pregnancy book as well but I have no idea what it is :shrug:

It's a type of massage machine that's used for pain relief. You can get special maternity ones that are supposed to help with labour pains. You put pads on your back and tummy and use a hand held machine to control the massage sensation. Some people say they're great and others say they didn't help much. Some hospitals/birth centres have them but a lot of people buy/hire them as they tend to be useful for early labour.

Wow, most of you seem to be much further along with baby preparations. Just waiting until the showers to make sure I don't have too many duplicates.

Everybody I talk to seems to be SHOCKED that I'm not planning on buying a breast pump right away, but my nurse practitioner said she didn't think I needed to start out with one because of my school schedule and the fact that I get off 1 month for Christmas break. She said just to wait and see if I felt I needed one in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->