November Due Dates (cont)

Everybody I talk to seems to be SHOCKED that I'm not planning on buying a breast pump right away, but my nurse practitioner said she didn't think I needed to start out with one because of my school schedule and the fact that I get off 1 month for Christmas break. She said just to wait and see if I felt I needed one in the spring.

I'm not getting one until I'm sure I need it. I asked on the bf forum and a few people said that you should avoid using one until about 6 weeks after birth anyway to let your milk supply adjust. Up until then you can always hand express if you need to.

I plan on just purchasing a manual for the begining before investing in an electric. Just to make sure im able to BF. I am getting the avent manual, its under $35 at Walmart. That way I can take it along in my hospital bag just in case cirmumstances arise that require me to pump.

Medieval, I just realized that your in Columbia. You are few hours drive from where I live.

Yeah, also I think 4 weeks is the best time to introduce artificial nipples (i.e., dummies, bottles) so they don't get confused and start rejecting the boob.

And good news about the blood, Beankeeper!

I plan on just purchasing a manual for the begining before investing in an electric. Just to make sure im able to BF. I am getting the avent manual, its under $35 at Walmart. That way I can take it along in my hospital bag just in case cirmumstances arise that require me to pump.

Medieval, I just realized that your in Columbia. You are few hours drive from where I live.

Yay, Missouri! :hi:

Another thing that discouraged me about getting a breast pump is that the nurse practitioner said, "Oh, if you do get one, make sure it's one of the better ones. They run about $200." Considering how much time I'll be at home and working from home, that seems like a lot when I probably won't be away from her for more than 1 or 2 hours at a time.

We usually see hands on my left side, baby def head down though I've a lot of nudging going on in my cervix/bum again! It's cool he likes the left and I just have to touch my side at night and hell run his hand back along mine! I still prefer the kicks the swishing of body parts again my stomach makes my stomach turn if I think bout it! Dunno why like its only baby but ew lol

Wtb it must be super cool (although uncomfy) having 3 sets of arms and legs thumping u!

Baby doesn't like me moving the wardrobe lol! I had to lie down after moving it to rest! But got baby's room decluttered and my room! Both got a major scrubbing! So I've DS's room tomorro to do!

Bean really glad everything seems ok! Scariest thing ever seeing blood! Not a nice experience!

Baby doesn't like me moving the wardrobe lol! I had to lie down after moving it to rest! But got baby's room decluttered and my room! Both got a major scrubbing! So I've DS's room tomorro to do!

Neither does mine!!! We just went an got a massive wardrobe from ikea. I'm so exhausted now :(. A women in the store laughed at me (well smile/laughed) because I was sitting on a couch falling asleep while DH was hiring transport...

I still prefer the kicks the swishing of body parts again my stomach makes my stomach turn if I think bout it! Dunno why like its only baby but ew lol

I'm not sure that's psychological, I think it's just a really weird feeling. It does something to my insides that feels similar to how it feels if someone drags their fingernails down a blackboard. I'm getting a lot less kicks and punches now but loads more feelings of him moving his torso up against my stomach. I guess he's growing more than I am and has less room to move his limbs, while his body movements feel much stronger to me. I definitely prefer the feeling of the kicks.

I agree!! The really good ones are expensive, and can not be returned. And since I am staying home for winter term I will have a good solid 4 months of exclusivly BF. I figure come Feb I can start to really pump just to make sure I have back up for when the spring term starts and I have to be away for class. So she might possibly need a bottle for 4 hours twice a week come March.

My only concern is that I am having a c-section. I have read that lots of women have been successful at BF immediatly after a section, but that some have had trouble since baby can be a little sleepy from the spinal block. Im just afraid the nurses will try and give her a bottle when my plan is no bottle. Although I am going into the nursing field myself I have found that some nurses just kind of do what they "think" is the right thing against mothers wishes.

Sarah u think we'd take the hint... Let the men do it lol I hate giving in tho that I shouldn't do stuff like I would pre preg! Spec in my house I like moving things about lol ud know nesting/baby brain kicked in, I moved it cross the room, swept where it was and then out it back in the same spot. Worst part? I didn't cop it was the same spot for like ten mins lol!

Springer thank u I don't feel as weird now! Anyone else I've said that to looks at me like ye ur weird! I don't mind it too much when sitting up, but lying down when he does it, I just rub my belly and try forget cause it really can make me nauseous if I think too long bout it! Give me kicks and punches any day!

Im probably going to sound stupid but what is a tens machine!? It keeps being mentioned in my pregnancy book as well but I have no idea what it is :shrug:

It's a type of massage machine that's used for pain relief. You can get special maternity ones that are supposed to help with labour pains. You put pads on your back and tummy and use a hand held machine to control the massage sensation. Some people say they're great and others say they didn't help much. Some hospitals/birth centres have them but a lot of people buy/hire them as they tend to be useful for early labour.

Ooh I quite like the sound of this actually. I'll have to look into it!

Destinyi - Aw thats good that you get pictures every time. Must be amazing to have so many pictures of LO and get to see him regularly. How small is he measuring? my fundal height was 2cm below what it shouldve been last time I was measured, but apparently thats not enough to have any growth scans. Im seeing my midwife for the first time in 3 weeks tommorow so hopefully my uterus size will have caught up!

Wandering, my growth was 2.5 ahead but that was also not enough to trigger it. First, when I was 1.5 cm up, they told me over 3 cm would be out of range, but then last time when I was closer to 3 they said 4. lol! I think they don't want to scan me. :p Let us know if you get triggered for a scan. I'm curious what other midwives are going by.

As to the breastpump, I have not read that you shouldn't pump before 6 weeks. Only that you can cause oversupply if you do it too much and also shouldn't introduce an artificial nipple so early. I personally plan to pump a little once nipple soreness is down, or if baby has latching troubles that I can't seem to cure right away we might need to pump. I am settled that I'm BF, and I'm not worried about not being able to. Might we have latching trouble, sure. I'll pump while we resolve it. But I'm not going in with the mindset that it might not work out because from what I've read that's really quite rare in reality. Usually it's solvable, and in my area there is really good BF support. I already have my double electric because I'll need it when I go back to work and I got a good deal on it. (cost about $300 instead of $400 it would have cost).

On the baby movements I'm getting a lot from him, but have not identified any body parts from sight. We're pretty sure we've felt his food and knee, though. He's been head-down last two appts, so that helps to know where he's at. It's pretty weird when he makes those massive movements across the womb. I swear this baby is already 5 lbs!

My only concern is that I am having a c-section. I have read that lots of women have been successful at BF immediatly after a section, but that some have had trouble since baby can be a little sleepy from the spinal block. Im just afraid the nurses will try and give her a bottle when my plan is no bottle. Although I am going into the nursing field myself I have found that some nurses just kind of do what they "think" is the right thing against mothers wishes.

I know people who have made signs for their baby crib saying"no artificial nipples Im a BF baby!". Also I think if you make sure they don't take them away for an hour as well it can help.

And you're right oh so! You can always pump before six weeks. Just avoiding giving it to them if
You can is best.

I know people who have made signs for their baby crib saying"no artificial nipples Im a BF baby!". Also I think if you make sure they don't take them away for an hour as well it can help.

My hospital, nurse practitioner, doctor, everybody is almost militantly PRO-breastfeeding (I was always planning to BF no matter what) so their default would never be to assume bottle-feeding.

Anybody planning to do maternity photos? If so, when? I want to make sure I get some early just in case she decides to come early. One set at 32 weeks and another set at 36 weeks?! Lol.

I'd like to, but I doubt dh would really agree... He's not into that kind of thing :(

I'd like maternity photos, but not sure I'd want to spend on it. OH has a very nice camera, but I really don't have any nice maternity dresses and so buying those would probably cost a bit. I would love to see your photos, though, Medieval. :)

Sarah, yeah, I think we'll just freeze whatever we get. But I am going to start introducing a bottle for 1 feeding/day around 4 weeks. I have heard it can be difficult to find one baby will use and I want time to continue that search if necessary before returning to work at around 8 weeks. -- do you plan to pump at all? I'm trying to figure out what I'll use to freeze milk. I was looking at the lansinoh bags, but I am still more comfortable storing/freezing in glass so not sure... we have a deep freezer, so that should help! :)

I debated on Maternity photos, I decided not to take anything professional, but just to make sure there are some nice pics of me, hubby and my growing belly :)

So far thats easier said then done, we are always the ones behind the camera haha

Trying to FINALLY upload a bump pic... hope it works!xx

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 21
I want to pump. I'd like the share the night feeds with my DH, and also give him a chance to feed her too. But yeah, I think pumping and storing is a good idea! I've seen those bags I think they are a good idea :). They'd pack nice and flat too (my freezer is tiny).
I have a new Medela breast attachment, I need to buy a motor for it (second hand).
I also need to buy a microwave :/.... ok this list is never going to end is it?

I think baby is angry at me for going to Ikea :( She seems unsettled.

Have you ladies started making meals for the freezer? Like I said, my freezer is tiny, so IDK how late I should leave it...

Nice bumpy! and wow, he's so high!

Wandering, my growth was 2.5 ahead but that was also not enough to trigger it. First, when I was 1.5 cm up, they told me over 3 cm would be out of range, but then last time when I was closer to 3 they said 4. lol! I think they don't want to scan me. :p Let us know if you get triggered for a scan. I'm curious what other midwives are going by.

Yeah they seem quite reluctant to give out extra scans this end too. They said its only a concern if your 5cm out to me last time! Its understandable but i would secretely love an extra scan haha. I have a feeling i'll have caught up and be back to normal size now, I definately feel a whole lot bigger than when I was last measured but yeah I'll let you know!

Is it me or has this thread moved out of third tri!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->