November Due Dates (cont)

why did we get moved? there's always threads leading up to the upcoming months. this is blasphemy! im starting a protest!!! lol

This is going to get confusing! I already have baby brain enough as it is haha :(

Im probably going to sound stupid but what is a tens machine!? It keeps being mentioned in my pregnancy book as well but I have no idea what it is :shrug:

Destinyi - Aw thats good that you get pictures every time. Must be amazing to have so many pictures of LO and get to see him regularly. How small is he measuring? my fundal height was 2cm below what it shouldve been last time I was measured, but apparently thats not enough to have any growth scans. Im seeing my midwife for the first time in 3 weeks tommorow so hopefully my uterus size will have caught up!

Its mainly his abdomen thats measuring small... everything else is good. its about 10 days behind and has been since 20 weeks. my fundal height is always measuring 3-4 weeks ahead. his little tummy was still measuring behind today at my scan but its no longer declining like it was. It went from 40th centile to 10th centile in 6 weeks and has been slowly rising.. went to 12th and now 13th and his overall weight percentage is steady at 30th centile. He is currently 3lb 6oz! So a little small.. but they cant find any anomalies, all my blood tests came back low risk and blood flow, placenta and all that good stuff is normal.:happydance:

Glad to hear everything is fine and his abdomen is catching up. 3lb 6oz wow! that sounds like a lot although i know its not for how far we are but its crazy to think our babies are around that size! Are you going to keep having regular scans till 40 weeks then?

yup more than likely. I have another one scheduled in 3 weeks. and thank you!! today was a good day!

Can't believe we lasted so long and now got moved :( booo! I know there was a lotta sept threads this month but we were quiet in our own corner :(

I was just thinking about what to put the LO in on the way home from the hospital :).

Wandering, my growth was 2.5 ahead but that was also not enough to trigger it. First, when I was 1.5 cm up, they told me over 3 cm would be out of range, but then last time when I was closer to 3 they said 4. lol! I think they don't want to scan me. :p Let us know if you get triggered for a scan. I'm curious what other midwives are going by.

Yeah they seem quite reluctant to give out extra scans this end too. They said its only a concern if your 5cm out to me last time! Its understandable but i would secretely love an extra scan haha. I have a feeling i'll have caught up and be back to normal size now, I definately feel a whole lot bigger than when I was last measured but yeah I'll let you know!

Is it me or has this thread moved out of third tri!?

I, otoh, don't feel like I'm growing as fast now as I was... so maybe I'll be going down soon. We'll see I guess, not long between appts these days. A week away. I'm like you, though, I really would love to see him and was hoping we'd get flagged for a freebie. From the sounds of it, though, we're just going to have to wait. :(

BOOO on the move. I don't get it. There is an October and September thread on 3rd tri's forum, why move November out? :cry:

We're just a chatty group, so it really makes sense we got moved to the group/discussion forum.

I'm not buying a breast pump either. I asked in my breastfeeding class and they said it was, in fact, a cultural thing. Many/most American women need or choose to go to work early, so they really have no other option if they choose to breastfeed in the first place. Where I come from, the majority of mothers stay at home with their children for 12 months and automatically do not need to pump. If everything goes well, I won't work at least for the baby's first six months, so I just hope we'll get by without the machine. The recommended ones are all around $300, and I kind of don't want to spend that much on it.

Our next scan is on the 20th. Gah. This will be the biggest gap, a little bit over a month. I've had 11 scans so far and we have more pictures than what a smaller album can hold. :lol:

I want to pump. I'd like the share the night feeds with my DH, and also give him a chance to feed her too. But yeah, I think pumping and storing is a good idea! I've seen those bags I think they are a good idea :). They'd pack nice and flat too (my freezer is tiny).
I have a new Medela breast attachment, I need to buy a motor for it (second hand).
I also need to buy a microwave :/.... ok this list is never going to end is it?

I think baby is angry at me for going to Ikea :( She seems unsettled.

Have you ladies started making meals for the freezer? Like I said, my freezer is tiny, so IDK how late I should leave it...

Nice bumpy! and wow, he's so high!

I really like the idea of making meals for the freezer so it's easy to eat post-bebe. Since I'm taking October off I'll try to get some ideas together for easy freeze meals and cook them then, assuming I'm feeling up to it. Let's hope so!

Yeah, we recently bought a deep freezer and stuck it in our 1 bdrm apt. We otherwise have a small freezer and I couldn't take it anymore since we like to stock up on meats just once-a-month and couldn't fit two ducks, two chickens, lamb, beef, fish, all in that tiny freezer. lol! Loving having the deep freeze, and now with freezing breastmilk I feel it will be even a better deal!

We need to buy a freezer, too. Not because I plan to cook and freeze (so far, I've thrown out every single thing I cooked and froze, because it tasted like poop), but because our current one is just really way too small. Luckily we have plenty of room in the basement for the thing.

Yeah, I've learned through trial and error which items are worth freezing, and which will "taste like poop" lol!

What's worth freezing?

For us, veggie stews and sauces, bolognese sauce, chilies and many other similar things absolutely did not work. Once thawed, they were all flavourless mush!

Maybe it's what your freezing it in or how your defrosting it? I've never had a problem with freezing chillies :/ Or Bolognese for that matter!~ Also soups are good...

Okay random Q.. How often do your LO's get hiccups? My LO gets the hiccups 3 times a day every single day like clockwork! I presume this is a normal and every baby is different? It's a lot of hiccuping tho!

Wandering, my LO gets hiccups quite a lot too, i don't really count to be honest but its about 2/3 times a day. Midwife says its all normal and a sign they are healthy so i wouldn't worry :)

Also...

I have just noticed this thread has been moved to "Pregnancy Groups and discussions"...odd.

xx

Maybe it's what your freezing it in or how your defrosting it? I've never had a problem with freezing chillies :/ Or Bolognese for that matter!~ Also soups are good...

I really don't know! There are so many people who have no issues with the meals we hate thawed, and at the same time, so many who hate them all the same.

I still don't know if my little guy ever had proper hiccups. I guess I'm really dumb when it comes to figuring out baby movement. :shrug:

my LO does get hiccups, but not that often. In fact, not really often at all. But I think you're right, they all vary. I've worried before that mine does't get them enough!

Just noticed that you've given your LO a name! I love the name Lily, it's top of our list for if ours is a girl. It was my dad's mum's name. Still haven't decided on a middle name though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->