November Due Dates (cont)

I usually get big long bluuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrp-like stretches, which remind me of a huge hippo in a very thick muddy bath, turning around. Yes, that graphic.

Then there are twiches and pokes, but they're never painful either, just awkward. Sometimes he punches me in the stomach and it makes me slightly sick, which then makes me dizzy, uuugh.

I wish I could figure out the hiccups, for sure. Or he maybe doesn't do it.

Also, he goes nuts in the evening/night and usually stays put during the morning hours.

This is kind of how I imagine him turning:

https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGJJKX2g_PzXjz1yuaKsBHOrdTAc1lqqv4s2A352rv9kiUiJ4IeQ&t=1

Jaz, I love that image! I kinda get what you mean too!

What's worth freezing?

For us, veggie stews and sauces, bolognese sauce, chilies and many other similar things absolutely did not work. Once thawed, they were all flavourless mush!

Some soups, all beans, curried meats & meatballs, etc, & most sauces have worked well for me. I also make chicken & veggie broths in bulk and freeze those, as well as leftover things such as opened tomato paste, curries, etc. Also, bread dough freezes very well; I like to let it do all but the last rise then punch, shape and freeze. Also, already prepared breads also freeze fairly well.

I have found that most veggies themselves do not freeze well. However, some fruit freezes well (blueberries for one, if they are going to go bad I freeze and later use for pancakes or sauce for crepes).

my LO does get hiccups, but not that often. In fact, not really often at all. But I think you're right, they all vary. I've worried before that mine does't get them enough!

Just noticed that you've given your LO a name! I love the name Lily, it's top of our list for if ours is a girl. It was my dad's mum's name. Still haven't decided on a middle name though.

Aww thankyou, I love it! Its the only name me and OH could agree on and the second we said it we just knew it was the right name for her :cloud9: Its good because it goes with a lot of different middle names as well :) I totally forgot you were team yellow bean! Do you have any inkling as to whether its a boy or a girl?

Jazavac - I didnt realise that what I was feeling was hiccups for agges. Feels like a rhythmic sort of beat or pulse to me. I just thought i could feel a vein beating or something! It was only when my mum had her hand on my stomach and said 'you do realise thats hiccups right?' that i realised what it was!

The midwives is about to start on BBC2 for anyone whose interested. Last one in the series!

Okay random Q.. How often do your LO's get hiccups? My LO gets the hiccups 3 times a day every single day like clockwork! I presume this is a normal and every baby is different? It's a lot of hiccuping tho!

Depends on the day. I remember 4 bouts of hiccups distinctly yesterday. I might be missing one, can't recall. Some days he gets more, some less. He's had none yet today. We shall see...

my LO does get hiccups, but not that often. In fact, not really often at all. But I think you're right, they all vary. I've worried before that mine does't get them enough!

Just noticed that you've given your LO a name! I love the name Lily, it's top of our list for if ours is a girl. It was my dad's mum's name. Still haven't decided on a middle name though.

Aww thankyou, I love it! Its the only name me and OH could agree on and the second we said it we just knew it was the right name for her :cloud9: Its good because it goes with a lot of different middle names as well :) I totally forgot you were team yellow bean! Do you have any inkling as to whether its a boy or a girl?

I've always thought boy, but I keep getting girl feelings. I really don't know! Haha. We're thinking either Lily Eve or Lily Elspeth for a girl & Reuben Peter or Daniel Peter for a boy.

I'm happy to be team yellow, but sometimes it's hard! I sometimes wonder if I would connect more with LO if I knew if it was a boy or girl... It still doesn't really feel real.

Anyone else feel this way?

My little guy has been pretty quiet today, but I'm fairly sure he'll make up for it as soon as I get home and try to relax, or work on something. He turns around and pokes me a bit, but there's not been much of that hippo stuff as of yet... today.

For whatever reason, things became more real for me when we found out he was a boy. Actually, real probably isn't the right word, but it was overall easier to think about things, or plan them, or whatnot, once we found out.

But let me add that it became all that much harder, too, to think about baby names. It was a lot easier before we were sure about his gender.

Well, OH had picked his son's name. Now, we had a deal where he'd pick 3 and I'd get to choose one if it was a boy, but now he's all on with the one name and that's the one he wants and he seems quite adamant about it. I have given him a little flack, but at the same time I know it means a lot to him to pick his baby son's name, so I think I'm going to let him have it.

Eamon

Now, the middle name is already dictated as the father's name in his culture. So, I truly get no say at all in it I guess. :( I'm trying to get used to it as it's a little odd. The name, as spelled in English, is of Irish/old English origin. But, there is an equivalent Arabic name and it is his uncle's name. I think he likes the fact that on paper the baby won't be pegged as an Arab, but still gets a good proper Arabic name out of it. The Irish pronunciation is a little different. The Arabic pronunciation is AYE-mon, whereas the Irish is AY-mon.

Anyone else giving OH free reign?

I think it definately got more real for me after finding out the gender. I found I could picture my daughter and the future with her in it a lot clearer than before if that makes sense! and all the getting organised became easier with what to buy etc

I was absolutely CONVINCED i was having a boy up until my gender scan tho. So I think if I'd have waited till birth to find out I would have been very very shocked! Part of me wishes I'd waited to find out.. or at least not told anyone so i couldve surprised them! Think i'll definitely be team yellow if I have a second..

They say that not knowing the gender makes you push harder during labour too :winkwink:

I think I can imagine myself with a girl, but I'm just not that familiar with boys, as in, I never had brothers & don't know many people with boys, except my sister & I haven't even met him yet.... I don't know.

Just watching The Midwives, DH just stated 'if you have to have a section, I don't think I'll be able to be in the room', because he's not great with blood. I think I'd be in bits if he didn't come with me!

I think I'm gonna make him watch loads of birth programs until he changes his mind!

OMG logged on to chat and couldn't find you! Freaked out and got all insecure lol! Why were we moved?

Eamon is a great name, I'm in N.Ireland so it's really common here! Good strong boys name! All the names you guys have picked are great!

We have finally decided on... Theo Mathew... what you think!? x

OMG logged on to chat and couldn't find you! Freaked out and got all insecure lol! Why were we moved?

Eamon is a great name, I'm in N.Ireland so it's really common here! Good strong boys name! All the names you guys have picked are great!

I think that's a sweet name. I really like the name Theo, and my cousin's name is Matthew, so it makes me smile always to hear. Thanks for the infos on Eamon. It's definitely not common here, never heard it before. I feel like baby boy will always have to correct people, but there ya go. I have to do it for my last name as it is, and I'm no worse for it so I guess he'll be alright. Is that how it's usually spelled, btw? I have read also with two 'n's.

Currently my favorite name is Rosalind Kismet. I'd call her Rosie for short. SO likes Sophia Bernice. Bernice is his grandma's name.

I like my name better!

We're going with Markus, unless something changes. No middle name just yet, because we simply can't come up with one. Neither of us had, or has, free reign and it was very difficult because we wanted the name to be spelled the same in both languages (we're going to have a bilingual kid), and to hopefully be pronounced the same, too. I suppose we'll come up with something eventually...

Family members' names are banned from the mix.

I love the name Theo! And I generally like biblical names for boys (hence, Reuben, Daniel & Peter!), so Matthew's good in my book!

I do like Rosalind, also Rosalin and Rosalie. Sophia is nice too but I know a few Sophias/Sophies.

I think that's a sweet name. I really like the name Theo, and my cousin's name is Matthew, so it makes me smile always to hear. Thanks for the infos on Eamon. It's definitely not common here, never heard it before. I feel like baby boy will always have to correct people, but there ya go. I have to do it for my last name as it is, and I'm no worse for it so I guess he'll be alright. Is that how it's usually spelled, btw? I have read also with two 'n's.

Yeah that's how it's usually spelled 'Eamon' and pronounced 'AY-MON'. Great name, it's weird how different names are popular in different places, it's not common where you are but here there's Eamons everywhere you go... I know 4 (but they are all grown-ups lol) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->