November Due Dates (cont)

Ps does anyone else keep forgetting and going to third trimester section to find this thread! Its driving me crazy!

YES! i felt the same way, thats why i first assumed it was trapped wind.. just building up waiting to give me the runs or something lol. its been about an hour, and they've stopped but wow did they hurt and to top it off baby thought itd be funny to kick through them. ugh! lol

Mine do that too. I get they are uncomfortable whenever their room is constricted but it sure doesn't make it any more pleasant for mom!!

This morning baby C has decided to shove herself ontop of my ribs. That shouldn't even be possible. Oy!!

this thread is the only reason why i even go to third tri anyway.. i still dont feel like i belong there.

I go to my user cp to find the thread esp since it gets updated so quickly.

YES! i felt the same way, thats why i first assumed it was trapped wind.. just building up waiting to give me the runs or something lol. its been about an hour, and they've stopped but wow did they hurt and to top it off baby thought itd be funny to kick through them. ugh! lol

Mine do that too. I get they are uncomfortable whenever their room is constricted but it sure doesn't make it any more pleasant for mom!!

This morning baby C has decided to shove herself ontop of my ribs. That shouldn't even be possible. Oy!!

omgosh i couldnt even imagine THREE babies in there. that must be one heck of an experience.

That it is!! The girls are getting stronger so I'm just waiting for them to break one of my ribs. :haha:

I go to my user cp to find the thread esp since it gets updated so quickly.

Me, too, but then I go from there to the Third Trimester. So it's still annoying.

I have my hospital walk-through and birth class this Saturday. Not sure what it's going to cover, but I hope they help us with some breathing exercises. I'm not committed to a natural birth, but I'd still like to learn some Lamaze for before I can have an epidural.

WTB, out of curiosity (and because I might've missed it), is your triplet pregnancy from IVF, or natural? Either way, I can't even imagine the experience... three of them in there, just whoa!

As for the fundal height, it's just pretty random and not accurate at all. They don't see anything, they just feel and measure. One hand slip or one cm off, and you're off track for an entire week. It's still the best they can do when they don't run scans every time you go in, though. I wouldn't really rely on it, and the good thing is that they refer you further if they really measure awkward things.

I can't say that my BH hurt, but I have a demented sense of pain, really. I can go through some weird things without even noticing, sometimes. I also just think I have them, but then again, I never know for sure with all these new sensations. The tightening is always there after an orgasm and sometimes when I stand too long. Goes away when I start moving, pretty much. It's mildly unpleasant, but not painful. If i lean my belly against a hard surface (say a counter) while standing up, the uterus sometimes contracts.

I'm so glad my hospital childbirth education ended last week. That was one of the biggest wastes of time I've ever commited to. Scary, useless and overall poorly organized. I'm very sad they never offered us a survey to fill in, because I wanted to let them know how horrible they were. The nurse from the maternity ward who did three out of five classes should simply be fired. Having heard her teach about her own hospital and its rules makes me just want to run away if I see her when I show up in labour.

My alternative classes start on the 17th of this month. Those I'm really looking forward to.

I also need to figure out how the system works in the US (and my company, as well), so I can perhaps plan my maternity leave better. I wonder if there are any general rules? Likely not, huh?

I'm so glad my hospital childbirth education ended last week. That was one of the biggest wastes of time I've ever commited to. Scary, useless and overall poorly organized. I'm very sad they never offered us a survey to fill in, because I wanted to let them know how horrible they were. The nurse from the maternity ward who did three out of five classes should simply be fired. Having heard her teach about her own hospital and its rules makes me just want to run away if I see her when I show up in labour.

My alternative classes start on the 17th of this month. Those I'm really looking forward to.

I also need to figure out how the system works in the US (and my company, as well), so I can perhaps plan my maternity leave better. I wonder if there are any general rules? Likely not, huh?

Boooooo! Sorry your class stunk. :nope:

We're going to the eight-hour, one day class. If it's terrible, then luckily my nurse practitioner does a series of free childbirth education classes and there's one on natural labor this month. I already went to the one on Breastfeeding and Infant Care. It was interesting, even though I felt like I knew most of the information from reading all my pregnancy books!

The one we did (well, my husband went only for the hospital tour and the very first one, because it was that bad) was free and I was curious. It was a stupid idea, though, because they scared the crap out of me several times with all the nasty stories about hospital birth. Ick!

That's why I'm really looking forward to this other one. It's ran by an independent group, they're all birth professionals (doulas, midwives, educators, etc.). It was only $30 for a 6-hour thing, too. I think it's 3 weeks, 2 hours per session, but I might've forgotten, too. :lol:

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at your classes Jaz, mine don't start until October and my last one is a week before i'm due! A bit silly really.

I'm really annoyed too as my hospital don't even offer for you to come and visit. So it's going to be really unfamiliar when i go in to have the baby :( I've heard good and bad things about the hospital i'm going to, so not too sure what to think :/

xx

Omg ladies! Just talking to my neighbour, who said last night when we went off, he ca
E out and there was a man shining a flashlight in through my front windows, supposably lookin for my oh!y neighbour freaked and started ringing the guards. Told ur man he had no right to try flash lights in my house that if we r there and don't open the door then bugger off! Now we werent there, but had I been I obviously woulda opened the door! Flipping weirdo! I'm expecting him to call back tbh and if he does I'll flip the lid at him!

Cheek a some ppl! If I don't open my door then that's my choice, what right do u have to look in my windows!

Wandering, my growth was 2.5 ahead but that was also not enough to trigger it. First, when I was 1.5 cm up, they told me over 3 cm would be out of range, but then last time when I was closer to 3 they said 4. lol! I think they don't want to scan me. :p Let us know if you get triggered for a scan. I'm curious what other midwives are going by.

Yeah they seem quite reluctant to give out extra scans this end too. They said its only a concern if your 5cm out to me last time! Its understandable but i would secretely love an extra scan haha. I have a feeling i'll have caught up and be back to normal size now, I definately feel a whole lot bigger than when I was last measured but yeah I'll let you know!

Okay im back from my midwife appt.. Considering last week when i was measured i was 27.5.. im now 32! thats a growth of 4 and a half cm in a week!? I think im carrying a monster sized baby now ha. Kneeew i'd got bigger tho! So now im measuring 2cm over instead of 2cm under.

I have my suspicions about how accurate these fundal height measurements are tho :shrug: When she first measured me today I was 36 then she did it again and I was 32 so who knows.

But everything else was great, good heartrate and nothing found in the urine. Baby is breech tho, but plenty of time to turn. I love midwife apts, just an excuse to sit and talk about babies :haha:

Yeah, I don't really trust these silly measurements. Unless maybe you're 10 cm off or something it seems kinda user-error prone, not to mention bloat, position of baby, etc. Glad all is well for you, though! :)

I know and my neighbour knows oh works away a lot so I'm here alone at times so I think he thought I was upstairs (we left the bedroom light on!), so he said he tried knock a little while later to check on me!

Some ppl r so weird!

I have crazy neighbours too. Sometimes I wish we lived in a field on our own with maybe some sheep? no weirdo neighbours!

Is everyone doing birthing classes? I was actually planning to forego all of these. Might be naive, but I just figured with all the reading I've done already, and with all those years of evolution behind me, I should probably be okay. I do want to take the hospital tour in October, though.

Omg ladies! Just talking to my neighbour, who said last night when we went off, he ca
E out and there was a man shining a flashlight in through my front windows, supposably lookin for my oh!y neighbour freaked and started ringing the guards. Told ur man he had no right to try flash lights in my house that if we r there and don't open the door then bugger off! Now we werent there, but had I been I obviously woulda opened the door! Flipping weirdo! I'm expecting him to call back tbh and if he does I'll flip the lid at him!

Cheek a some ppl! If I don't open my door then that's my choice, what right do u have to look in my windows!

Ew! I hope somebody called the police. Did your OH actually know him?

Is everyone doing birthing classes? I was actually planning to forego all of these. Might be naive, but I just figured with all the reading I've done already, and with all those years of evolution behind me, I should probably be okay. I do want to take the hospital tour in October, though.

I am, of course, but I LOVE taking classes. I don't think somebody NEEDS to take them, but I'm hoping they'll be fun and useful. We'll see! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->