November Due Dates (cont)

...hate the thought of him struggling to see the blackboard in school! (this is how I member getting my glasses I broke down in front of the teacher one day cause I couldn't read the board!)

Amen, sister. I had just turned 12 and was sitting in science class, bawling my eyes out. That weekend I was fitted with my first pair of uber-geeky NHS specs.

I'm hoping the same Sarah, although I am expecting hell eventually need them, cause there is glasses on both mine and oh's side, but I just wanna catch it if and when it does happen!

Yup 1eighty, I got pulled aside cause the teacher thought I was cheating (I used to copy the girl side me's work that she took down from the board! Do although I wasn't cheating it looked like it! She knew when I explained why I was doing it that I just needed my eyes checked!

I got glasses when I was 3, apparently my mum started crying when I first got my glasses cos I turned to her and said 'Look mummy my shoes have patterns on them, they're pretty!' It was the first time I'd been able to see the pattern :)

I hope my LO doesn't need glasses, ...or braces :/ I never did, but my DH has/had them!

Although I did notice reduced eye sight from pregnancy the other day. It's SO WEIRD! I normally can read the clock from the toilet :blush: but now I cant... I actually can't believe how normal it feels, I only noticed because I used to be able to do something...

32 weeks (I'm going to count down every week :p:p)

Awhh mrsB how cute... I'd prob cry too tho lol

I don't mind my glasses tbh, and DS looks like Harry potter when he tries them on lol I never needed braces tho oh did!

Omg Sarah ur ticker is 56 days... Holey cow! That's so deadly!

I wea glasses & now DH does, but they came later in life, when I was in my 20s and for him in his 30s. I did have braces though (he didn't), and although I didn't love them at the time, I'm really glad I got them. I have very good teeth & always get compliments on them. DH has okay teeth, but mine are better haha!
Mrs Bertie, that's so cute!

I've had glasses since before I can remember. Horribly ugly ones thru gradeschool. I used to HATE them, now feel kind of naked without them. Though DD trying to grab them off my face all the time may make me renew my contacts effort!

Everyone but me in my family wears glasses, so do people in my husband's. But the two of us don't and we hope the kid will be fine, too. I suppose it makes me feel pretty good, to have no issues with my eyes, still, at almost 35.

Sarah, lovely bump!

I feel like a whale these days, so I don't particularly feel the need to document that, I suppose.

As for circumcision, we're not doing it. It's too uncommon where I come from, meaning it's pretty much exclusively done for religious purposes, and we don't have that many people who belong to those religious groups back home. That's why it's pretty rare. Here it's common, but we just won't do it because there are no benefits to it that we consider important. My husband is circumcised, but he doesn't think that was necessary (or unnecessary, either). It's a lot easier to get it done later, than undone, of course, so the kid will have a choice later on.

I wear contacts but my OH doesnt. Neither of us ever had braces either!

Im so stressed at how messy my house is :( Makes me feel a bit ill. Everything is in boxes and piles of clothes all over the floor.. I hate it! Hate un tidyness :/ Cant wait to move in a few days now and make everything perfect in the new flat!

Hmmm just noticed DS seems to squint at the telly a few times spec when checking the time! It's bout 6/7 months since he had them checked and they were perfect, wonder in that lil time could they have gone downhill?! I'll book him tomorro to get them checked, hate the thought of him struggling to see the blackboard in school! (this is how I member getting my glasses I broke down in front of the teacher one day cause I couldn't read the board!)

Awe, you poor thing. That must have been terrible to not be able to read the board!

Man, I wish I had advice here, but having had no children I have no idea at what rate their eyes might degrade. Maybe you can get an eye chart like the ones from the eye doctors and give that a go with him yourself! :)

Okay, this is my 31 week, 45 lbs weight gain photo. :) We're getting big now, ladies. :p

https://i.imgur.com/9Nk3ul.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6Oocc.jpg

I obviously suck with imgur because these are somehow different sizes. Ah, well.

Now, THAT's a bump!

Nice!

Hmm. Do I take a photo today, or wait until tomorrow, when I hit my 30 week mark? :lol:

Haha, Jaz, it sure is growing fast. OH thinks that bump size equals giant baby, but I've read there's no correlation. Guess we'll see. He sure seems big with all those giant movements of his. In any case, the 45 lbs is killing my feet. I just bought shoes yesterday that were a size 10 (I used to wear a 9) and were $160 (darned Danskos!) My crocs were holding up for awhile, but my knees just started to hurt and my feet again. It's awful. :/

Bean, thanks! I even got a compliment from OH on the pic. I usually feel so frumpy, but I think the pretty dress I got for $9 at the thrift store really compliments the bump. :)

Thanks, Charlie!!

This is my 31 week bump :)

Attachments

• Photo0039.jpg
    Photo0039.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
Nice, Charlie. I think we've got similar size bumps. And, both purple. lol! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members