November Due Dates (cont)

I don't have strong views on circumcision, but my DH does, he's strongly against it! So if this LO is a mr, then I guess we'd not be taking that route. I do think it's a bit cleaner & easier to look after, plus I think it's more visually appealing, but I guess that's because my first bf was circumcised.

I always have a giggle at the aesthetic argument for circ - WILLIES ARE FUGLY! Cut or not, I've never ever seen a "pretty" one.

And now I'm imagining one with a little bonnet and a tutu over the balls wiggling to the tune of "I feel pretty".

Man.

:haha: 1eighty!!!

I'm not for or against it. OH is circumcised (he had a medical issue) ... his dad and uncles are circumcised and so is his grandad etc. It seems to be a Wilson thing as it was for medical reasons. It now looks as Stephen is going to have to be too - he has his first EVER Drs appointment on Monday, because he's starting to get very sore on the tip of his willy, it balloons in the middle, he keeps crying saying when he wees it's sore etc etc.

I think each to their own - whilst I wouldn't choose that for my child, if someone else wants too then let them get on with it. :)

Morning girls! Pregie lady alert! I'm wiped from just doing my shopping and going to the bank! Ehhh where's my energy boom I had like 3 days ago??!! I need to get the food outta the boot but I can't even move!

As for circumcision DS is too, but only cause he had excess skin, so to tidy it up etc! If I have a boy this time I won't unless medically needed again but it doesn't matter either way IMO! I've never been with a man who was so dunno what differences r there! I know my uncle got it done in his 20's, so if they want it done it can be done then! But I too feel each to their own not my business if u choose to do it!

Destynibaby bad to say oh works on a farm and I could put up with him smelling like poo (spec if he's exhausted) but the brushing the teeth is a big thing for me! Oh showers every night, if he's seriously exhausted then hell do it in the morning so I do tolerate him for that one time but he knows, hell get kisses but don't expect me to go there with sex etc! Every one gets sweaty I understand that, but to seconds in the shower for a freshen up, if ur not doing anything is grand but if u r working u need a bit longer! I'd sit him down and tell him how creeped out it makes u feel that he's not washing himself!

Re: brushing of teeth, I got a weird one for ya: DH used to smoke. When he did his teeth before bed, his breath smelled neutral - completely neutral, and even in the morning, neutral still... it was wonderful! Many snuggles :) He quit soon after we found out we were pregnant and now his breath is a bit whiffy after brushing teeth and worse in the morning :( I used to cuddle up and use his chest as a pillow, but now it's spooning or nothing.

Any ideas?

Flossing? I think a lot of smell is due to that :(
But it's not a very easy thing to bring up with them :p

Hahha. With the bad breath issue, DH just left the hospital and neither of us slept well. When he came in for a kiss he gasped then held his breath because we both said "my breath is kickin' chicken."

Re: brushing of teeth, I got a weird one for ya: DH used to smoke. When he did his teeth before bed, his breath smelled neutral - completely neutral, and even in the morning, neutral still... it was wonderful! Many snuggles :) He quit soon after we found out we were pregnant and now his breath is a bit whiffy after brushing teeth and worse in the morning :( I used to cuddle up and use his chest as a pillow, but now it's spooning or nothing.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately breath things are usually easiest identified by a dentist! Like SD said, flossing might help, or it could be worse than all that. Sometimes teeth look lovely, but the gums are not actually healthy in an area that you aren't looking at. Worst thing is that bad breath is not just a nuisance... the underlying cause can cause health issues. I think even heart disease has been linked to poor health of teeth!

OH had the worst breath for some time. Turned out a crown he had over a root canal had dislodged and even after having it re-glued it was actually that the underlying tooth structure was cracked and allowing bacteria in there to breed. Poor baby. We finally got that tooth yanked out of him and he's had perfect breath ever since!

I am on a mission and maybe you ladies can help. I plan on talking with my professor tonight (a pediatrician and big time all natural kind of guy, crunchy you might say) But thought maybe I could get some insight from you all.

I am looking for a nipple cream that contains no petroleum or lanolin. I cant see myself slathering my nipples up with that stuff and then thinking its ok for my daughter to ingest it. I know you wash your breast before you feed, but if you ever put petroleum on something and then tried to wash it off, it does not all go away. And lots of creams contain it (and diaper rash medicine too) and petroleum is not really good for anyone.
As far as lanolin goes, I know they have found ways to better purify it, but its still unknown what the long term effects are when ingested.

All the creams and lotions I have found contain one or the other. At least all things im finding OTC that are affordable. You ladies have any suggestions?

I will also let you know what my professor has to say.

I just googled :haha:

What about this? https://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Lanolin-Nipple/dp/B001G4VBQ6

I've also just read that rubbing your own breastmilk onto your nipples is supposed to help cracked and sore nipples?

Yeah, I was going to link the Nipple Butter, too. But I think I'm going to just be using food-grade organic Coconut Oil or Olive Oil or Shea or some combo thereof.

Thanks ladies! I have also heard that using your own Breastmilk can help relieve pain.

I looked into mother loves organic, but im not sure about beeswax or shea butter. Maybe my teacher can clear that up for me. And I want to avoid olive oil as it stains, and you know how hard an oil stain is to get out...impossible!

Oh-so does coconut oil stain? I have never used it before. And how common are coconut allergies? I know with food based sometimes you have to be careful as baby or yourself may develop an allergy. But most people wont know until they try. In our family peanut allergies are common, so I try to avoid nut based products.

Thanks ladies! I have also heard that using your own Breastmilk can help relieve pain.

I looked into mother loves organic, but im not sure about beeswax or shea butter. Maybe my teacher can clear that up for me. And I want to avoid olive oil as it stains, and you know how hard an oil stain is to get out...impossible!

Oh-so does coconut oil stain? I have never used it before. And how common are coconut allergies? I know with food based sometimes you have to be careful as baby or yourself may develop an allergy. But most people wont know until they try. In our family peanut allergies are common, so I try to avoid nut based products.

Hmm.. I think all oil stains, and most lotions/creams are oil-based. It's just in what quantity have you applied it and to what extent it has rubbed in as to whether or not it will come off to an appreciable extent on your clothes. FYI, though, hitting with that Oxy Clean spray the day of the stain has proven successful on oil stains for me. I am a frequent oil-stainer. :p I plan on wearing bras and pads when I go out of the house anyhow, and when I'm in the house I'll be wearing house-clothes so not too worried about it.

Good question on the allergies. I'm going under the assumption baby does not have allergies, but if I see signs of issues I'll definitely discontinue and see if that helps. Good call! Food allergies are unheard of in my family as yet. OH doesn't seem to have any, either.

Thanks for the advice on the oxy-clean :thumbup:

Here I am 31 years old, and if my clothes or DS gets a bad stain I still take it to my mother :dohh: :haha: She is a miracle worker when it comes to stains. I on the other hand rub so much the color comes out lol

Got my first leak from my nip today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It dripped onto my arm, and at first I was like, "Where did that come from?!" before I realized. I was pretty excited.

I was surprised by how DRAMA-filled the baby shower thread was, so I can only imagine how angry the circumcision one is going to be!! I have a couple of family members who work in nursing homes in the family, so I'm going to be circumcising any future baby boys, but I know it's a topic that many people on both sides get VERY angry about!

Thanks for the advice on the oxy-clean :thumbup:

Here I am 31 years old, and if my clothes or DS gets a bad stain I still take it to my mother :dohh: :haha: She is a miracle worker when it comes to stains. I on the other hand rub so much the color comes out lol

lol! I'm 31 also and I only started getting oil stains out last year. This stuff is a miracle product. I don't know about the laundry additive, but the stain spray is tops!

OMG they do!!! Circ is a personal thing and every woman/man is entitled to do as he/she wants. But man o man if you dare question someone on it, look out!!

I circ my son, because his father was. But my OH is not, so if we had a future boy I dont think that we would. IDK its a bridge I will burn when I get there, but it would be a family matter, not a public debate like some women make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->