November Due Dates (cont)

Haha! Milk pops! :rofl: It'll be cold here too but our house is really warm and I'll only really be nursing at home, at my in laws, at the baby clinic or in nursing rooms :)

Where are you from, Sarah? xx

I'm from New Zealand, but I live in Germany. So it's cold, but then... maybe that's just my perception :p I'm sure someone from canada would find the winter mild ;) we had a week for -25s last year but mostly it's more like -10-15. Oh wait... Celsius/Fahrenheit ... I give up! :p

It must be strange living there after all that sunshine! :D I'm originally from the UK but live in Norway, it rains as much here as back home lol xx

Rains here too :( I think we had basically 4 months of rain in a row this year! But ouch, Norway must be cold :p I don't think I could hack that! :p

Ye it's nice and warm here today too which is nice but I can't sit comfortably outside I really need to invest in some outside chairs! Also just seen my neighbours bring in crates of beer and wkd... So jealous I only ever want a drink when it's warm and I can't have one lol

As for winters... Girls how do ye survive! We got to like small minus nos and nearly caused a stand still of the country! The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the driving in the snow!

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland but now live in Brisbane, Australia so just a bit of a climate change! I've always hated the cold, wet and grey weather though so am much happier in the warmth and sunshine of the tropics although it's not much fun entering 3rd tri as its coming into summer down under, especially as the heat is triggering those vasovagal attacks I've been getting - makes me worry about the next few months!

It's actually not too bad in winter here, lots of snow but it doesn't get insanely cold. We lived in Sweden before we moved here and one winter it was -39! :shock: I had to stay inside most of the time as it was just too cold xx

Winters here can be pretty brutal. I HATE cold weather! I try to stay inside as much as possible. Last winter was pretty mild tho. We're probably in for it this year! Where I live if we get a foot of snow and it's business as usual. My mom moved south to Tennessee and they'll close everything after a dusting of snow.

Missrouri also had a mild winter last year and we are expecting a brutal one to make up for it.

It gets really cold here too in upstate/central New York. We're not coastal so don't get the tempering that the ocean gives to NYC. It's harsh. I'm from S. Florida so for me it's truly brutal. I doubt we'll be doing much nursing in public in the winter, just too many layers of clothes. Probably eat in much of the time and then when baby is old enough we'll pack bottles. I really just like to avoid outside altogether in the winter.

What is this "cold" you speak of??

With love from the Mojave Desert.

Okay so winter nights can get decently chilly, but our "chilly" is everyone else's "late fall average" temperature.

I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland & live just north of there now. Our winters really vary too, but generally they don't get too much under 0 degrees Celsius. Occasionally we'll get a really cold/snowy winter, but overall it's not too bad. 2010 was terrible, about 2 foot of snow and then ice for months. I couldn't get to work on some days & ended up moving out & taking up residence with my sister for a bit so I could get in! I'm worried if it gets icy though, as I'll be anxious taking LO out in the pram or sling, or even car, of it gets too bad. My bestie bought me some awesome winter boots though, do hopefully I should be able to stay upright :)

Originally from Elgin, North-East Scotland... currently in Harare, Zimbabwe. In the year it took me to acclimatise, I LAUGHED at their "brutal" winter in June. If the temperature ever went below 5C, it was late at night and the daytime temperatures were 20C+ still.

We're moving back to Scotland next weekend. Not laughing anymore :nope: cuz I'm gonna freeze my frickin' arse off.

I'd imagine Elgin would be fairly chilly in winter! I spent a year in Aberdeen & was very cold!

I'm willing to bet it snows here before this baby is born.

I had a 3d scan today as well, I was worried 32 weeks was a bit too late but despite having a sleepy uncooperative baby (he was wide awake on the journey to the scan but one we got there was asleep with his hand over his face) we still got some nice pictures of him.

https://i47.tinypic.com/30xbm0n.png https://i45.tinypic.com/qqwtok.png

I'm all crampy tonight! :( period like pains in my front and back but tbh I think I could be a bit dehydrated, only realised an hour ago I've barely drank water all day, so have my litre bottle filled and been drinking since!

Also been a hormonal biddy! Oh can't do right, I'm crying at the drop of a hat! I know im being stupid... Like I really know... But I just can't stop! Every time he asks what's up I throw another 'problem' at him! If he tries hug me or kiss me u might as well get me a tissue! I'm annoying myself at this stage and I just can't stop!

Some one smack me please!

Hi ladies,

I think I will just have to resign myself to reading a page or 2 on here every time I can get online - or at least till I go on Mat leave! Got a message from my boss today to ask if I would teach my old class for the next week as their teacher had to fly to Ireland - her dad's not well.

1eighty - I so know what you mean about the winters. I'm from Cape Town and after moving to UK 9 years ago the really cold winters (when I was outside) really took me by surprise. So grateful we have central heating in this country. But must admit that going back to CT in their winter time is more of a shock now - as their is no central heating. I find that the really cold houses and little heating doesn't help at all!

Springer - lovely pics of your little boy!! Love his chubby cheeks!

Phineas - shall we start a hormonal club!!
The night before last I hardly slept - yet again! By the time I left for work yesterday morning (at 7:30am) I was so tired and poor DF said all the right things to me which set of my tears!! When I got home last night (6:30pm) DF had made dinner! I do love this man with all my heart!! On the kitchen table there was also a vase with a piece of paper in it, with the words 'Your pretty flowers!' At this point I was laughing so much (these little notes are a joke between us). I told him he can't do that and I won't proper flowers - to which he took the piece of paper and added 'proper' :rofl: so I said I want real flowers and again he just added 'real' to the paper.
I was then told to sit down at the kitchen table. He put my dinner in front of me and walked out the back door. He came back in with a big bunch of pink flowers! You can just imagine my response! Yup I was in tears!! I soooo love this man!!!
Just typing this all up has set me off again!
Doesn't take much to set me off these days!

Aw to everybody's hormonal stories! Yesterday I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed (it was also REALLY hot here until it stormed) because I felt SO MAD and there was really no reason for it at all.:grr:

So today's Beginning Childbirth class was actually pretty good. We sat around in a circle and practiced the hee-hee-hee-hoo breaths with our partners and then our partners got instructed on how to give a good hand massage and other pain coping techniques.

I have to say, the class did take away some of my fears about giving birth! I feel much less scared about an episiotomy (which the teacher said was rare anyways) and/or tearing. The pain coping techniques were helpful. Of course, I am still open to an epidural, but it would be great if I didn't need one!

One thing I could have done without was the detailed explanation of the exact layers the doctors cut through with a C-section. I didn't need to hear exactly how and where they would slice me up! :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->