November Due Dates (cont)

Lovely pics springer!! :)

Phin - I've been cramping loads today too - think it's the heat?!

I've also found she's pushing down SO low that I'm peeing every two minutes, and not have to rock back and forth for 10 minutes on the toilet to get all the pee out :blush:

Glad the classes went well medieval :)

On the kitchen table there was also a vase with a piece of paper in it, with the words 'Your pretty flowers!' At this point I was laughing so much (these little notes are a joke between us). I told him he can't do that and I won't proper flowers - to which he took the piece of paper and added 'proper' :rofl: so I said I want real flowers and again he just added 'real' to the paper.
I was then told to sit down at the kitchen table. He put my dinner in front of me and walked out the back door. He came back in with a big bunch of pink flowers! You can just imagine my response! Yup I was in tears!! I soooo love this man!!!

This, I absolutely LOVE :D

Med, I've not had any classes yet - hoping they're not all full by the time I get registered in the UK because all of that ghoulish slicing and dicing intrigues me.... and I'm always up for learning new ways of coping with anything. :happydance:

I'm sooo sore! My hips are so painful that I can't sleep, I actually just cried while waiting for paracetamol to kick in so I can at least get a few zzzs.
Any advice? This is just the worst, and of course I have work tomorrow :( and I'm all acidy too :(
Sorry for moaning. DH is now snoring happily...

I'm sooo sore! My hips are so painful that I can't sleep, I actually just cried while waiting for paracetamol to kick in so I can at least get a few zzzs.

You in SPD pain or is it other random hip pain? If other random hip pain (that occasionally shoots down your leg) it miiiiight be sciatica, or it could also be sacroiliitis. If the latter, then see if your doc will give you a cortisone shot in the sacroiliiac spaces - within a week I was almost a new person.

I hear that a warm bath can take away some of the pain? Also a hot water bottle on the back/hip area really does help.

Hope you feel better soon hun x

Bean, You can also try modifying your sleep position to a 45 ish degree angle with pillows instead of directly on your hip.

Random question for you gals about baby shower. I'm curious if anyone else would be peeved or if I'm being too sensitive. I've got friends throwing a very small baby shower in my hospital room on Monday (10 people). MIL is the only family in town and I invited her to come. It is going to be super low key and unfortunately I'm on magnesium now so I won't be able to partake in eating or really any activities. DH just told me MIL decided she doesn't want to come because she doesn't know anyone and this had me royally pissed off. She's just started to accept me as family even though I've been married to her son for more than five years. I just hate that she's so selfish she can't come to this one event. My mother died several years back and it's hard enough to know she's gone but now I've got this selfish, uninterested MIL who regularly cares more of herself, her house, and her dog than she does her family.

Arg. Am I over reacting?

I'd be pissed off, too, WTB. But if she doesn't want to come... I'd kind of try to just live with it. Bah, either way.

I'm originally from Croatia, but I live in Minnesota. So I traded in some very nice four-season weather, with really hot summers and doable winters for... well, a lot of crap. :rofl: Last winter here was mild, which is apparently rare, but the one prior to that was a bitch. -40C, yup. If the same thing happens this winter, I'll be mad. I want to be able to take the kiddo out at least occasionally....

Very nice 3D photos!

I'm dead tired, so I'm off to bed. It's 12:40 AM and I'm finally done working around the house. We got the vacuum cleaner fixed, woohoo. That'll save a lot of money, even though I still hate the thing. We got the broken part(s) replaced because it was, apparently, still under some whatever warranty (it was purchased used, so??!).

I went grocery shopping (and got myself some maternity clothes, ok :lol:), drove to the library, visited like three stores that sell small appliances. Then cooked lunch. Slept for an hour. Vacuumed about 200m2 of the house, ignored the last 100 because they're under construction, pretty much. Folded dry baby clothes, took them upstairs, kind of organized in the closet. Only kind of. Folded and ironed flat and prefold diapers. Finally done preparing that batch; need to move onto the AIOs and pockets and whatnot. Dusted, cleaned the kitchen, scrubbed the bathroom and toilet (just downstairs, the upstairs one nobody uses at the moment, so whatever). Baked oat bran buns, or whatever they are. Down with the carbs. Ok, some carbs. :lol: Moved around some baby furniture, while trying to empty the craft room, just so I could cram in things from the guest room into it, and have the contractors come back and finish the upper level. Showered. Failed to reach the lawn that really needs to be mowed. It feels horrible, but luckily I can't see it. :rofl:

Now I'm dead. DEAD.

So off to bed I go. The baby is reasonably quiet right now (he's been nuts for the past couple days, or so), but my one weird spot in the crotch, or actually on the pelvic bone, is burning. They rescheduled my appointment, so we're going in for a scan/checkup on the 18th, instead of the 20th. Woohoo.

I also feel better about my weight - the bathroom has been my friend for the past two days, so I am down to a more reasonable level of gain per month.

I don't know what the hip pain is, I didn't think it was bad enough for SPD until last night. Now I think its a possibility. I've got the midwife on wednesday so I'll ask then, unless I have major pain again tonight, in which case I'll try & see the doc tomorrow.
I feel like I overdid it at work. It was so busy & I barely had the chance to sit. I'm still sore now & hoping I can drive to work okay! I'm going to have to tell them I need to take it easy today though, or I think I'll end up crying again :-/

WTB I would def be mad at her, but as Jaz says, if that's what she's like, it's best to accept it. She's only going to disappoint you more if you have expectations of her, but I know it's not nice either way :hugs:

Jaz, what a productive day! Hope you got some good rest!

Mornnnnnnning ladies!! :) What's everyone up to today? :)

I'm off to the beach this morning with the boys, MIL and my cousin in law and her two children! eeeek! I'm dreading it, as we just spent all day playing in MIL's garden with them all and it set off cramps nad pains all evening etc :( Boys will love it though

WTB - I'd be pissed too if I'd tried to include her etc - but you just can't please some people!

Take it easy Bean :( It'll only get worse if you try and push through the pain and do lots at work again.

WTB I would def be mad at her, but as Jaz says, if that's what she's like, it's best to accept it. She's only going to disappoint you more if you have expectations of her, but I know it's not nice either way :hugs:

This, exactly. We've learned not to expect anything that others would consider routine or even mildly generous from my FIL because it's just a constant stream of disappointment otherwise. The only thing we train ourselves to expect is jealousy, bitterness, unreasonable behaviour, and spite. :nope:

I will be spending today - a lovely sunny day on the computer trying to get some work done so that I'm ready for my 6 month review before I finish work in 2 weeks (I need to complete my bit early to give my supervisor time to read through everything). It's such a total pain, would love to be getting on with pretty much anything else - gardening, baby's room, just enjoying the sunshine! Oh well if I get down to it I suppose I might have some free time later on. :)

Morning girls! Charlie hope ur pains stat away and u can enjoy tge beach

my pains finally eased up at half 5 this morn, I was trying to keep an eye on them and see if it was gettin sorer each time, I don't think so tbh and baby was kicking so hard it actually hurt so think I'm grand!

Oh went to a family party last night at 10, I woke at 12.30 and couldn't fall back sleep without him! I didn't bother texting him to see how long he'd be, it doesn't really matter, he hasn't been out in months and his da was driving him home so I knew hes safe! Well 06.35 this morning in he comes, uses the loo downstairs, falls asleep on said loo for twenty mins! I just laughed and tried get comfy in bed knew DS would be awake soon and would find him. He didn't need to oh fell backwards and hopped his head on the wall in the loo! That woke him up lol bad to say I still dunno if he was drunk lol he didn't smell like drink so I think he was just super exhausted! Gobshyt haha

So think he was afraid to touch me in case I had yet another hormonal flip out on him, so I decided to be the bigger one and curled into him! Gonna make him shower/ talk to me tonight, it's the only place we can talk bout any subject and it not end in a row, so I need to TALK all my hormonal Shyt that is annoying me! He's my best friend, so hate having him tip toe round me!

Yay I'm 30 weeks lol

WTB I've a mil like that! She would claim she didn't wanna impose on anyone but it's not that it's cause she's been rude! She expects ppl to jump when she has a party, but when others do summat shell disappear and be too tired! I'd just try ignore it, as hard an all as it. I've learned after years with oh I can't change his mammy... Unfortunately at times!

We were going to bring the dogs to the beach today but on the news yesterday they were warning people to be very careful along this stretch of coast as a whole swarm of Portuguese Man of Wars have drifted here. So as I don't fancy having to rush a curious dog to the vet while it screams in agony we'll give the beach a miss for the next couple of weeks.

Morning ladies,

Charlie -I would suggest taking things really easy this morning - sit on the beach and allow others to sort the boys out - hopefully that way the pain will stay away.

Phineas - hope you get things sorted with OH soon.

Springers - hell no - don't want the dogs stung by blue bottles!! I know from experience blue bottle stings are not pleasant!! Rather opt for a walk in a country park instead.

Mrs Bertie - I will be joining you on the 'working on such a lovely sunday' club!!
I have just had a phone call from my boss to confirm that a colleague wont be at work for at least the next 2 days, and possibly the whole week, so I need to teach my old class and to top it all - there is no planning - not much of a problem as I still have planning from a few years back when I taught that year group. So have to trawl through my old planning and see what I can pull out of the bag.

Well on that note I had better get my butt off here and get some work done!
Hope everyone enjoys the glorious weather!

Fantastic F1 today, but I'm glad that this is the last race whilst we're here because I get so excited that DH is worried I'll go into early labour :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->