November Due Dates (cont)

Morning ladies! Feeling good starting the day to my delicious half-caff coffee. :)

PRESENTS!!! I got lots of presents in, turns out it was my family that bought them, not OH's, from our Amazon wishlist. Things I received include:

Activity Gym
Baby carrier (Beco Gemini)
Diaper Backpack
2 sets of sheets
1 mattress cover
muslins
the Comotomo bottle I want to try when we start midday bottle feeding
Vitamin D drops

Gosh, I feel so lucky to have had such help! I have only minimal stuff left on our list and I'm just buying every few days to keep stuff coming so the time passes faster. I just ordered an oxo diaper wipe dispenser. lol! I know, a luxury, but I absolutely hate the dispensers that come with them especially the natural brands.

Yay to the ladies who hit a new fruit! I guess 6 days I get a new one. Yay!!

Midwife appt yesterday went well. But when she asked me if I had any questions I honestly didn't. DOH!! I feel like I should always have some questions. Oh! To the ladies about the fundal height... this is complete BS. Two weeks ago they measured me 33.5 cm this week 32.5. I've shrunk? Yeah, I don't think so. Seems markedly inaccurate to me! Baby's size will be a complete surprise! :D In any case, his little heart is 135 bpm and he is still head-down, 6 weeks now there now. Let's hope that holds out the whole time. She felt his little bum and his feet.

Baby is starting to tickle me, especially when we push back against his feet and bum. It feels weird. He's getting wayyy too strong in there, making me quite uncomfy when he's doing gym practice. lol!

whatwillbex, I sure do have the same Ikea muslin cloth with mushrooms. Or, well, a diaper, which we won't use as diaper. :lol:

Yay for presents, oh_so!

I'm trying to make a list of things to take to the hospital, simply because I'm sure a ton needs to be bought. I also can't decide if I want to wear their gown, or bring my own (which I don't have).

I'm so tired. I keep thinking about taking a few days off work, but it makes me pretty damn sad they would deduct those from my time spent with the baby. I emailed my HR people yesterday with some questions, too, just to get a reminder of what I'm eligible for, to begin with.

The baby's been nuts for the past few days. What he does is not painful per se, but it's kind of uncomfortable. I don't think I'd say those are kicks, but more like... hm, a big balloon trying to expand in there?

Is it just like pushing, Jaz? My LO just likes to lean or push on one point of my belly. It kind of hurts!

Oh, and I really agree when it comes to fundal height. It's pretty random.

Yeah, from about 30 weeks on, that's more or less what I got. She still kicks sometimes, but I think she's running out of room to do the proper big ones!

Whatwillbe fingers crossed things stay on track for ur water birth! I wouldn't panic too much as I know if I have missed anything oh will get the job to get me it ha!
I got my knitting lol think I'll start easy and try knit a simple blanket ha!

Momma hope u made ur appt on time!

Oh so yay for family! I got a call off my ma to say my cousin dropped my car seat over! Love how by being open to accepting family's gifts we've saved a lot! Oh originally wanted to buy everything new, but like I said there's been babies in my family over the last 2 years, if by getting things second hand we can help them and cut costs on us how can u say no!

Woop I've someone coming to look at buying my car tonight! Seriously hope it doesn't fall through! It's such a good car I hate having it sitting around! So I've oh on the job of getting it sold for me! It'll free up some money too meaning I can treat oh and get his jeep road worthy!

Te he, love Ikea it does have a few gems. Diaper, didn't know it could do that Jaz.

Phin - I will do the same and get my OH to collect any extras:winkwink:
Post us a piccy when you have finished your blanket, wow us with your skills! lol
Hope your car sells, we thought about trading our Beetle for a "sensible" car but couldnt do it. We also own a VW camper and only use it in summer but cant bring our selfs to sell that either for also a sensible car. Big kids!:haha:

Oh bless, that sounds so exciting gifts arriving daily. I may have to do this even if its small things. Brightens the day and makes it go by a little quicker!

Morning ladies :)

My mom is coming up this weekend so she can be at our 3D ultrasound on Saturday and while she's here we're going to finish grabbing all of the little items for my hospital bag. I don't know why, but I'm super excited to have the bag packed (and I still have 10+ weeks left).

Yeah, from about 30 weeks on, that's more or less what I got. She still kicks sometimes, but I think she's running out of room to do the proper big ones!

Same going on here for awhile. Stomach-morphing moves/stretches/pushes, way fewer kicks and the kicks are less strong than a few weeks ago. I think that makes sense with losing the moving room.

My mom is coming up this weekend so she can be at our 3D ultrasound on Saturday and while she's here we're going to finish grabbing all of the little items for my hospital bag. I don't know why, but I'm super excited to have the bag packed (and I still have 10+ weeks left).

Oh, let me know what you end up packing. I've been neglecting this, but finally got the baby's diaper bag and I think I'm going to use it as a hospital bag so I'm ready to start the packing. I think I'm going to write a list as I put things in the bag so I don't have to rummage through it later trying to be sure what's in there. lol!

Oh, let me know what you end up packing. I've been neglecting this, but finally got the baby's diaper bag and I think I'm going to use it as a hospital bag so I'm ready to start the packing. I think I'm going to write a list as I put things in the bag so I don't have to rummage through it later trying to be sure what's in there. lol!

Well... since you asked... here's my list so far :)
* nursing gowns
* robes
* slippers
* toiletries (face wash, moisturizer, deodorant, chapstick, toothbrush/toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hair serum, razor, shave gel)
* make-up
* hair dryer/straightener
* rubber bands/headbands
* hair brush
* underwear
* socks
* cell phone charger
* iPad/laptop
* camera/charger
* nursing bras
* prenatal vitamins
* DVD's
* ID/Insurance Card
* pillow
* going home outfit
* breast pads
* sanitary napkins
* nipple cream
* belly bandit (it's supposed to help the uterus shrink??)

For Baby:
* gown/hat for pictures
* gown/hat for going home
* receiving blankets
* DH's old baseball for handprint
* baby book
* car seat
* grooming set
* socks
(everything else is supplied by the hospital)

Just had a sneaky peek at the Santa's grotto forum! yay, it makes me happy.:xmas8:
Cant believe how busy it is, that's a lot of women who like Christmas!

ho ho ho everyone :happydance:

Thx, Mrs326. Hey, did you already buy the belly bandit? I was looking at that. There are so many different ones out there. I def want to get something, but no idea what size/style. Feeling confused. :/

Yes, I bought mine already. My doctor told me to imagine myself at 6 months pregnant after I give birth, so I bought a band that would fit me at 6 months (so, medium for me). I tried it on now and it barely fits and still has plenty of room to take in and fit snuggly as I get smaller, so I think it'll work perfectly. I did get the Belly Bandit (the original band, I think?). My SIL used one after both of her kids and she loved it... I don't know if it actually helps with shrinking, but I know I'll feel more comfortable keeping everything "tucked in" and not feeling so loose or floppy :haha:

Just had a sneaky peek at the Santa's grotto forum! yay, it makes me happy.:xmas8:
Cant believe how busy it is, that's a lot of women who like Christmas!

ho ho ho everyone :happydance:

Is it sad that I'm researching the best looking Santa's grotto to take my baby to for the best possible Christmas photo? There was a great one in Dublin for the last couple of years but it's not opening this year as far as I know, so I'm looking for one in Wales/SW England that I can take him to before we go home for Christmas. My husband keeps pointing out that the baby will be roughly 4 weeks old and won't have a clue what's going on, but I'm telling him I'll know and I want a realistic looking Santa in a great looking grotto not a guy in a cheap suit sitting by a painted plywood background. And when he is a little older my baby will be able to see photos of his first Santa picture and it will mean something to him then.

Also it's what I'll want to do for my birthday so he can take his pedantic Scrooge comments elsewhere.:brat:

Nothing wrong with that Springer lol Have you been to the London winter wonder land in Hyde park. Not sure if they had a grotto though, they must do as it was so magical. It was amazing, I think its starts in November if on.
I hope its on this year! so going to it. I agree, santa has to look real no rubbish beards!

Boooo to my doctors appointment!!!

After rushing around and driving 45 minutes there (made it on time), I waited for an hour. Got called back, gave my urine, got weighed (didnt gain any) only to be told that my doctor was in delivery and could be another hour :growlmad: I asked the nurse if I could just be seen by another doctor since I drove so far to come, but it would have been another 45 minutes. Forget it!! I asked the nurse to check my urine and if it was fine that I would just skip this appointment and schedule my 34 week.
I understand things happen, women go into labor, and she was on call, but Gas is so expensive I was mad that I wasted it!

Lame!!
Although good call on leaving, I doubt you have anything else you need to worry about expect a sneaky urinary infection or high proteins. So I guess it's totally fine to miss one!

Thats what I thought too. I did have some questions for her this time, but nothing that can't wait. I asked the nurse if there was anything other than measuring, and hearing the HB that would be done and she said no, so there was no sense in waiting. I know between 35/36 weeks they do the strep B test and start to check for dialation. So it wasnt going to hurt to just skip one appiontment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->