November Due Dates (cont)

I wish OH would go somewhere for a week. Give me a chance to miss him a little and to clean this place up without his messing it up and without his telling me "leave it, I'll do it" when what he really means is "leave it, I'll do it, poorly, one day, but not today, and likely not this week." :/

I sooo get what your saying. I will ask OH to do the dishes. Come back and they are mostly done but a few. He says "they need to soak" which translates to "they will still be there tomorrow and you will get fed up and do them" :haha:

Hi ladies,

I had asked a question on the forum and got some links I've followed and I remember a few of you were looking at slings so thought I should post this up. Doesn't look like these are recommended, particularly if it causes baby's legs to be stretched. Take a look here:

https://www.hipdysplasia.org/Develo...tion/Baby-Carriers-Seats-and-Other-Equipment/

I ended up getting the Beco Gemini as a gift, which is so lovely. I am still a bit nerves about using it, but will figure it out. In any case, be mindful with the leg positioning on the slings. Looks like might be better off with an ergonomic carrier or a wrap where you can froggy them at least.

I'm also glad to have found this, it seems relevant for swaddling, too, to be sure baby's legs are free to fold naturally not bound together. I guess this is why swaddling goes in and out of fashion.

lol sounds like you all have :bodyb: men like the diet coke advert!

Oh yes :winkwink:

I always tease OH that he has the body of a greek god and the hair to match (im so not kidding) and thats why all the little girl chase him around (not kidding about that either :growlmad: )

I agree, MommaB... the first time he leaves after LO arrives will be a true test! Not sure how I'll handle that....

Thanks for sharing that article oh_so! I have always thought it was the other way around!

I agree, MommaB... the first time he leaves after LO arrives will be a true test! Not sure how I'll handle that....

Thanks for sharing that article oh_so! I have always thought it was the other way around!

Me, too. I was worried about separating baby's legs and wondering if a sling would be better, but we didn't want a sling because all the weight is on one shoulder which would be hard on us. Now I feel more at ease about legs-out. :)

Oh my god I was just walking (okay waddling) down the street and some man shouted 'Want another pie love?' at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bloody cheek of it! I mean, who actually does that. Urgh! What a prick! He wasnt exactly slim himself :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

I have a stretchy wrap and a ring sling bought for this little guy. I love carrying babies in a stretchy wrap and am anticipating having him in there a lot in the first few months. I plan to breastfeed so between the sling and the nursing tops I've bought I won't be flashing my nipples too much at our visitors. I'll also use it if we are visiting people or going on short walks. But I'll be able to be handsfree and relatively mobile once we get the hang of feeding.

The ring sling will be used more when we are out with the pram. It will fold up small in the changing bag and is quick to put on and take off. If we go to a cafe or restaurant and I need to feed him he can go in the sling and the overhanging part of the sling can go around us like a shawl for privacy. And I'll have at least one hand free to eat with. That's the plan anyway, baby might have other ideas when he gets here. :)

My husband also wants to get an Ergo carrier as they are much more 'manly' than wrap/sling. He says he's happy to wear a sling around the house but if we are going out he wants something structured rather than something that makes him look like a big hippy (his words).

Oh my.... what a tool. My neighbour says this to me every time I bump into him he is also a tool! lol He thinks he is funny, wahooo my sides have spilt! :grr:

So MAD! Just lost my whole post !!!:dohh::dohh::dohh:

Firstly I was saying my DH is a professor (temporary atm) and goes to places for giving talks and doing research.

Then... oh forget it :(

And you're right Oh_so, good call. You can also post a photo of you LO in a sling/wrap and put it on the natural parenting page. They will let you know if baby is positioned right!

What a dickhead, Wandering! ugh!

Yeah my DH is the same Springer, I got him a carrier so he can look less hippie :p

Wandering (and any ladies who get that shouted at them), best response to the question "Want another pie, love?" is "Why? Will it make your dick bigger?" :rofl:

1 eighty love the response:rofl: but I have to live next door to the tool not sure if it would go down too well. ha ha

a few of the ladies who were a little bit ahead of me when i got into 2nd trimester are starting to have their babies! Its soooo exciting to see someone i feel like i know have their LO. Ive followed their posts, seen their bumps grow and finally get to see their precious bundles. ahhhh! (you can tell i dont know too many pregnant people lol)

Yeah my DH is the same Springer, I got him a carrier so he can look less hippie :p

I think most men are like that. Especially as they don't have to worry about which type of carrier is the easiest to breastfeed in.

WHOA! I can't believe those men have the nerve to say that to a pregnant woman! What jerks! I think 1eighty's response is absolutely perfect ;)

In a piss mood today. Sent OH to the market for "coconut milk" he asked something, and I said "no, the one we always buy in a can and drink". He comes back with a glass bottle of coconut puree because I didn't correctly say "coconut water". ugh! Plus, I have a sore throat so asked him to get me some lemon soup. They didn't have any so he called and said they had cream soup and tomato, I said "neither". He comes back with ginger soup from a box, along with several ginger drinks and everything but the damned coconut water. I can't eat ginger as it gives me heartburn, not only that but with a sore throat it burns. He refused to go back out. Too "busy" with his maths. Yeah, right. If I could see his screen I'll bet it's Reddit or Facebook. Hate him today. Want nothing to do with him. So angry and I know 100% that it's not a normal response and I'm being emotional, but I'm just angry anyway. Wish I was at work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->