November Due Dates (cont)

:hug:

Totally feeling you. I told DH yesterday that I love him, but I didn't like him at all!!!! Hormones???? Who?????! Me?!!!!

Ugh I hate it when that happens. I try to never say I love you unless I really mean it. Sometimes they've pissed you off, or you're in a bad mood and you just don't feel it, but it'd be really obvious if you didn't say it back :dohh:

He looks over me and smiles and I look back with a serious look on my face and the feeling that I'd like to punch him. I hope this passes soon.

Haven't had my nap yet, I'm still feeling very sleepy so not very chatty today... :hugs: to all that need virtual hugs, sounds like the hormones are strong today, and many men are being dickheads!

Hahaha. Sarah, I actually told him "I love you, but I don't like you at all"

I have also been known to say "I love you, but we aren't friends today"

I say the same thing to my DH, WTB... If he knows I'm mad at him he'll say "you don't love me very much right now, do you?" to which I usually answer "I love you all the time, but right now I don't like you"... unless I'm really angry, then I'll just say "no" :haha: (but of course, I always love him...)

Hey girls :) hugs to those who wanna throw there oh's out the window lol mines safe tonight thank god, not in the mood to be mad lol

On the work front my oh's a farmer! A constant job meaning he very rarely gets time off but on a nicer side if I go into labour on the road, hell know what to do lol he is very manly tho and has long hair and hairy chest (yummy lol) he's a real charmer tho and can get ppl swooning outta his hands ha!

I'm just home from dropping DS to my parents for the weekend, house always seems so quiet without him! Was so raging tho he musta been scratching his ezcema in his sleep and it was cut and bleeding all behind his ear! So glad I noticed it before he left so I could grab his cream :(

Instant cheerer-upper: Google Image search for "baby golden snub nosed monkey" :D

Hi ladies, just woke from a 3 hour nap. My throat still hurts and I'm stuffy and have post-nasal drip. I'm less mad at OH on the bright side.... though this house is in shambles. :(

Thanks! I really want some thin stock-based soup. OH has not been very accommodating, and clearly doesn't remember what it's like to have a sore throat (um, spicy ginger drink, yeah, great idea. :/) ... then he asks me again "what can I make you?" To which I reply "I want soup, that is all I want, soup." and the conversation ends because we don't have soup. Offer to go get me soup, jerk! grrr!

Our flat is really messy too, I wish DH would hurry up & build our chest of drawers so I can put stuff away! We've got piles of nappies & wipes and bags of clothes & blankets that need a home. I might have to build it myself if I can manage, it's pretty heavy though.

1eighty - that is just the cutest pic ever!!! :aww:!!!

I can so understand what some are saying! I also go through days I can very happily slap my OH silly! The other day he was just not being very understanding or sympathetic! He told his mother the house has been a mess since I moved in. I was ready to walk out after just that one incident!
We are usually a very easy going couple so for me to feel that cross with him is something BIG!!!

Omg I am finally catching up. Horrible day today, busy work stuff and I am still dead tired from last night's adventures in the bathroom. I really hope it was just a random, one-time thing, because if I all of a sudden get 3rd trimester morning sickness, I am going to be......... hospitalized as a mental case, really.

oh_so, I hope you feel better soon.

I ate tomato soup for lunch, followed by a small bun with butter and marmelade. Oh well. Lol. I have to figure out some dinner, for sure, but at this point, I am just horribly scared everthing will make me sick tonight again. Argh.

We have a ring sling for the little guy. My husband can't carry the baby, so it doesn't matter that it's not too manly, I suppose!

Rhetorical question ladies. Leaving aside the ethical concerns some people may have, how much would you have to be paid to be a gestational surrogate for someone? Ie, carry a baby to term that was not your biological child. I was just watching a tv show where someone agreed to do it for £15k and I can't get my head around that at all. I also recently read a book where someone was a surrogate for $50k (about £30k). Based on my experience of 7 months of pregnancy I can't understand how anyone would do it for so little. If I was doing it as a 'job' I think I'd have to be earning about 10 times that to justify how horrible it would be if you didn't completely love the baby and the risks that come with pregnancy and birth.

I have a lot of respect for surrogates and they are doing a really nice thing for people but I really and truly don't understand how they can go through so much for so little reward. (That said I fully understand how someone would do it for a loved one, even for no money. It's just the whole advertising yourself to do it for a stranger that I'm talking about.)

Oh, Jaz, I hope this is a one-time sickness for you. Booo to nausea. I was one of the lucky ones, didn't get morning sickness. Funny because I'm the most susceptible person to being ill on drives and on fair rides, etc, so I thought for sure I'd end up sick but thankfully didn't. I'm paying the price now in discomfort, though. I'm huge, way bigger than a lot of full-termers on the site, and it's really uncomfy. I also get a little dizzy standing now. I can't believe I could have up to 9 weeks left. Please let it be 6!

Rhetorical question ladies. Leaving aside the ethical concerns some people may have, how much would you have to be paid to be a gestational surrogate for someone? Ie, carry a baby to term that was not your biological child. I was just watching a tv show where someone agreed to do it for £15k and I can't get my head around that at all. I also recently read a book where someone was a surrogate for $50k (about £30k). Based on my experience of 7 months of pregnancy I can't understand how anyone would do it for so little. If I was doing it as a 'job' I think I'd have to be earning about 10 times that to justify how horrible it would be if you didn't completely love the baby and the risks that come with pregnancy and birth.

I have a lot of respect for surrogates and they are doing a really nice thing for people but I really and truly don't understand how they can go through so much for so little reward. (That said I fully understand how someone would do it for a loved one, even for no money. It's just the whole advertising yourself to do it for a stranger that I'm talking about.)

I think it takes a certain person. I would avoid this as much as possible because when you say "if you didn't completely love the baby" I think that is impossible. Even if it isn't yours your nurturing it and it's growing in you and it's part of you for a long time that you feel and interact with. I think it would be emotionally very trying. So, the point is moot because if I ever did this it would have only been for family, so the payment would not be part of the concern. I'd just have to have them cover a year off of work in case of emotional damage at the end. First, though, I'd suggest they find one of these people doing it for $50k.

Springer - I think it is a labour of love and wanting to fulfill someones unattainable dream of becoming a mother. A close friend of mine (South African) was a surrogate for a (German)couple - gosh must be about 2 years ago. I have no idea how much she was paid for carrying the baby for them. I do know that she loves being pregnant and would do it again.
She always insists that the baby is fully the couples and not in any way going to have her genes. She already has 2 children of her own and has a very supportive husband.
The last couple she carried for, the wife was unfortunately not able to carry a fetus further than 6 weeks due to various hormonal and uterine issues.
As to advertising - I have no idea how the couple found my friend or vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->