November Due Dates (cont)

I'm married to a libra, he's so easy going, and even though sometimes I get fed up when I have to make all the decisions, I wouldn't change him for the world! (he's the total stereotype of a libra!)
I'm still a bit scared of having a Scorpio!

Hahahha. Strong willed scorpios. They can be truly lovely folks, just come across very strong (my older sister is a scorpio and I love her strong willed self to bits!!).

yaaay for 30 weeks!!! :)

My eldest is a libra and he was/is an amazing baby/toddler. My youngest is a Leo and is bloody hard work!! I'm really hoping after reading about scorpios she is a libra too :haha:

I have a Scorpio sister too & yeah, strong willed is an understatement for her... Shes one of the most stubborn people I've ever met! I love her dearly of course, but sometime I really have to bite my tongue (which is hard for a Leo!).

Hahahha. Strong willed scorpios. They can be truly lovely folks, just come across very strong (my older sister is a scorpio and I love her strong willed self to bits!!).

You're not lying! OH is a Scorpio and he is the strongest willed most difficult person I've ever loved. lol!

I'm a Leo, so no walk in the park myself I guess. ;)

I would be fine with baby being born on the Libra/Scorpio cusp. Am quite hoping he'll come early anyhow!

Just had a good appointment with the dietician, haven't gained any more weight in the last 2 weeks! :happydance: I was really stressing about it so am very relieved.

Yay for no weight gain, Bean!

I gained back what I lost last weekend, it seems. Oh well. Annoying, but there's not much I can do about it, unless I put myself on a restrictive diet, which would be stupid. I've not changed anything and I'm actually getting more and more active, as opposed to sitting and eating. :shrug:

I'm a Scorpio, my husband is a Libra. I hope the kid doesn't carry over into Sagittarius, just because.

That's awesome, Bean. Congrats :)

I have no idea how much weight I've gained... I know it's probably more than I would have liked to at this point, but I don't look at the scale at my appointments and I don't ask the doctor. She always goes over my information and just says "weight gain looks good"... so I'm not going to ask any questions unless she says something to the contrary :)

I have a high bmi so it's apparently its important for me to keep weight gain to a minimum. I personally think its unrealistic to expect no weight gain, but that's what they're pushing for, as long as I'm eating enough fruit, veg & dairy. So far I've gained 6lbs, which I'm okay with, because LO weighs about 4lbs of that, and then there's the placenta & water etc. so the overall result *should* be that I've lost some weight.
It's def hard work though.

They specifically told me to gain weight, despite my BMI and to give up the restrictive diet I was on (I don't do any diets with a name to them and I don't see nutritionists because I think 99.9% of them are crap, especially in this country, due to horrible eating habits). So I've gained something like 16-17 lbs, which they say is more than okay because it's still under the average, even for the person with my BMI. :shrug:

I've been a lot heavier before, too, and still perfectly healthy, so I guess they're going by that. It's just me who gets annoyed by every single ounce I gain, simply because I worked so hard to shed the tri-digit-pound numbers in the past years and now I"m getting some back without even doing anything wrong.

Oh well. We'll see where I'm at when the little kiddo is here and then just start all over again, I suppose.

Don't worry about it. If you eat healthy then it's all the goodness that the baby needs, and well, you didn't lose all that weight before baby by being unhealthy did you?

If I'm honest, for me, my diet wasn't healthy before & now it is healthier so it's no bad thing. I refuse to drink 'diet' drinks with sweeteners & all that artificial crap, even though the dietician is telling me to. I'd rather have mainly water & the occasional sugary drink and foods with natural sugars. Plus a lot of sweeteners aren't good.
If this woman wasn't nagging me, I think I'd prob have put on more though, but my bmi was a bit of a shock for me (didn't realise how much weight id put on pre-preg) so I'm happy to try & reign it in a bit.

Anyone else have a suspicion that baby is huge? I swear he's already 5 lbs at least. When he moves around and pokes his little bum up it's bigger than my hand! Not to mention how large I'm carrying and it's hard, not soft/fat. I swear I could birth this baby now and he'd be fine. lol!

Lol, I find it really hard to work out size, but my goodness this is one strong baby! I don't think I'm carrying particularly large, but I am not a small person so it might just look like a smaller bump in comparison to me... I'd like my baby to be 7-8 lbs, but I fear s/he's gonna be a lot bigger than that!

My LO was roughly 4lbs last scan (1.5weeks ago) so I wouldn't be surprised if by the next scan she's 5lbs :p Apparently they gain around a lb a week now!!!
I'm forgetting my weight till next week, I went to a dinner party 2 nights ago (and of course ate heaps), and my DH is away so food will be a lot more vege based this week :p. So not thinking about it till next week. :)

CONGRATS WTB ON 30 WEEKS!

And Momma, that sounds awful with the periods :'(. I was having bad periods too, regular and relatively normal flow, but just before I got it and for the first day I'd have the most incredible pain in my bum area... Apparently the doctor could see nothing wrong, but dear god it was horrible.

It was awful. Having 3 periods makes it hard to track your O day for sure. I knew it was mostly my hormones out of wack!! Thats why we were suprised we didnt have to TTC to long, just one cycle. My mom went throught the change early,42, so I assume my body was wacking out getting ready to follow in her footsteps. Thats why we are going to NTNP after the LO gets here and see what happens. Then we are done!!!

Yeah, I'm thinking of NTNP when the baby comes. We probably wont be having a lot of sex tbh, and with breast feeding etc, It'll be a bit of a gamble, and tbh, it sounds fun! LOL! We want the LOs to be fairly close in age as well. between 1-2.5 years between them.

This is obviously as long as I don't decide I hate babies and don't want anymore :)

I also feel like this baby is going to be huge! I'm already so sore! He turned head down about a week or two ago and he is definitely lodged down in there pretty good... Couple that pressure with my back pain and sore/achy hips and I've got a serious waddle going on!

As for periods... I was on the lucky side of unlucky. It took us 6 months to conceive, and it was pure shock when it happened b/c I didn't ovulate until CD40! I have PCOS so I'll always have to be on the pill to manage it (lucky DH! :haha:) We'll have to plan out the next baby as well... When I'm not on the pill my cycles are anywhere from 30-60 days and I gained weight like crazy while I was off the pill and PCOS took over. I'm on the fence about how much time I want between children. I used to joke that I wanted them back to back, but now I'm not so sure I want to spend 2 whole years being pregnant! I would like some time in between to get my body back into shape so I'm not completely screwed when trying to lose weight after #2!

Considering an infertility diagnosis on both male and female side in our relationship, I'm fairly sure we won't do contraception once the kiddo is here. Whatever happens, happens. Since I'm no longer 17 either (but instead twice as old :lol: ), there's really no reason to wait at all. We'll see if we're even capable of conceiving another, but then again, knowing my luck, I'd end up pregnant the first time we have sex, pretty much. :rofl:

During our last scan, which was August 15th, the estimated weight was a bit over a kilo, which was a bit over two pounds. We'll see what the doctor measures tomorrow. The 3D place we went to on the 25th of last month said the little guy was around 3 lbs at that point. :shrug:

I don't know what to expect when it comes to the size. Croatian babies seem to be a bit bigger than American ones, on average, but ours is half-half, so.. who knows. I just hope he doesn't have any of the genetic issues, ugh.

We're gonna start NTNP from when this LO is about 6 months, unless we change our plans. I think we want 2 close together so that I can start my studies soon-ish after. Make the most of full time maternity pay...

I should add that since it took us nearly 3 years to conceive this LO that our 'plan' is not set in stone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->