November Due Dates (cont)

My baby has been daddy shy lately too, it's weird, I'll be getting major kicks & then DH puts his hand there & bubs seems to freeze! But like you Phineas, my kicks are getting higher, although still a few low ones. I think baby likes doing backflips...

Lol. Mines the opposite! I wake DH up in the morning to rub my belly and talk to her, then shes off like the clappers! Such a little daddys girl all ready! :haha: x

Can I please join you lovely ladies?? I am due on the 1 November!

Been feeling quite good throughout the whole pregnancy, except the last few weeks I've been getting bad back ache which then makes me waddle when I walk, OH reckons I'm walking like I poo'd my pants! Lol
Also have a nasty rash on my hands which itches like hell and it's also move to my legs, spoken to the midwife about it and I was referred to a dermatologist as I have eczema and a contact allergy, but they aren't sure what I'm allergic too :(

What else.... Bought the majority of things for the nursery and slowly starting to buy clothes.

We are team yellow, OH reckons we are having a little girl though and is so positive that he said he'll paint the nursery pink... Mmmhhh I dont think so! Lol

Hope you are all keeping well xxx.

I just bought some reusables! I hope I like/use them!! I didnt buy a full set, thought I'd give them a go first.

Can I please join you lovely ladies?? I am due on the 1 November!

Been feeling quite good throughout the whole pregnancy, except the last few weeks I've been getting bad back ache which then makes me waddle when I walk, OH reckons I'm walking like I poo'd my pants! Lol
Also have a nasty rash on my hands which itches like hell and it's also move to my legs, spoken to the midwife about it and I was referred to a dermatologist as I have eczema and a contact allergy, but they aren't sure what I'm allergic too :(

What else.... Bought the majority of things for the nursery and slowly starting to buy clothes.

We are team yellow, OH reckons we are having a little girl though and is so positive that he said he'll paint the nursery pink... Mmmhhh I dont think so! Lol

Hope you are all keeping well xxx.

Ouch, I get contact allergies too :(
I bought a blue stroller(pram), even though I know I'm having a girl :p But I think having a girl in blue isn't weird at all, but for some reason boys in pink is! :shrug:

I haven't put on much, about 2 lbs, but I'm overweight (obese) so that's good for me. If you're on the slim side, which from your profile pic looks like you are, 17 lbs seems reasonable, in fact I know a girl who's nearly 20 weeks and has already put on 28 lbs, and she had terrible morning sickness, but she's still healthy, everyone's different.

Ahh that makes me feel a bit better. I just didnt expect to put on this much already, especially with the theory that if i continue to put on a pound a week for the next 14 weeks thats around 2 stone 3 lbs by the end which is defos the higher end of how much weight you should put on. My midwife said i should gain between 1 and 2 stone anyway so i guess its right! And as long as baby is growing healthily i cant really complain! & yes im am pretty slim.. although not for much longer, all this extra weigh seems to be going to my thighs rather than my bump ha :haha:

Hi everyone! Can I join in? Expecting my first baby, a little boy, on Nov 14th. My birthday and my mums birthday are both in November too :)

Ye mine have def moved up this week, which is nice cause means less cervix kicks... They r def weird lol my oh sleeps with his hands on my belly and we could be like that an hour before we sleep and baby goes sleep... Sec daddy starts snoring I get a thump lol hoping its just gonna be like DS.. Although he's a good boy he only ever acts up when it's just me lol

As for the 50/50 ratio I can't help I have no gut instinct this time! One day I feel like I've it cracked and it's a boy next I think nope def a girl! Going on old wives tales its girl, Chinese gender is boy, and it's the opposite to my last preg, meaning a girl! Last 2 weeks my dreams were all girly (meaning boy) but then I had a really weird dream where I could see into my belly and it's a boy (meaning girl lol)
.... Ye I haven't a clue lol

I've only had a dream about having boy girl twins, so no clues there! The boy was more involved in the dream but the girl was still there.
I have a feeling my bubs is a boy, mainly because I've been enjoying Motorsport lately and the boy clothes are appealing to me more, which is weird as I'm quite girly. But who knows. A friend of mine just had a girl & everyone including her & her DH thought boy up until she arrived... I don't think you ever know?

I started getting boy clothes way before we had a clue what the baby was, but I contribute none of it to the gut feeling; I just can't believe there's any, since it's a 50:50 chance, anyway. I felt nothing, gender-wise, I just hate cupcakes and princesses and the majority of girl clothes here in the US is exactly that. Boys stuff is, unfortunately, all monkeys, too (or rugby balls), but there are still more options.

I have decided I like blue more than pink as a colour...Every time I see something I like I realise it's the blue version :( And I'm not into princesses, but I don't mind pink either!

I think if we're girl shell be very girly as a baby! There's been no lil girls in our family since my sis (she's 20!) so I can see it being girly mad lol I don't mind tho, I'm not girly in any way but anyways lol
Hopefully tween my Sis or I we have a girl in the mix (sis is 15 weeks preg!)

Got you new ladies added, welcome :hugs:

Charlie, My bump also has been quite low the last few days and walking is not comfortable.

Today I am off to do my baby registry. Went to a girlfriends baby shower yesterday (she is due in october) and it made me realize we have nothing ready for our LO. Just a few outfits. I have been hesitant to do a registry until we have our 3D sonogram on the 27th, and 100% confirm our LO is a girl. Guess you could say im in denial since we only have boy in our family :haha: At least this way if its correct we can get our invites out the next day since the shower will be three weeks from then.

Good luck Mommabarry!
I finally got my DH to sit down we me and make a couple of decisions/purchases. Every time I talk about anything I seem to get this grumpy man reaction...

Thanks Sarah.

My OH has been the opposite and on my butt at times about getting this done. I had started two registries online with gender nuteral things but there is still tons of things we need to pick out. I told him its pointless to do one since people always just buy clothes and toiletries and dont really care about the things you actually need, but im going to amuse him and finish one anyways.

I am having two showers :dohh: one on a monday and the other the very same saturday. Most women would love the idea of two showers as there is a chance of getting more items, but im not one of those girls. I have been very clear to the two women wanting to throw my shower (one from work and one for family and friends) I do not want games. Just cake, punch, presents, go home :haha: Im a party pooper. Especially after my friends shower took nearly 3 hours to complete. The first 2 hours were just games and chatting. If I had my way people would just drop off there presents, and take there cake on the way out and let my open my gifts without everyone oooohhhing and ahhhing. Is that bad? :shrug:

We've got/done everything already, and have done for a while. I'm so convinced that baby will be early (and I'm worried alarmingly early, I'll breath a sigh of relief when we hit 28, then 30 then 32 weeks) that I just wanted everything done so I wasn't worried we'd unprepared.

We don't do baby showers where I come from, so I outright rejected any and all ideas of having one here. It's just too awkward, almost like being forced to participate in a religious ceremony of some sort, while not being the same religion, or whatever.

I'm not superstitious or anything, it's just too weird to me, probably because baby showers are nonexistent in Croatia, to celebrate birth before it's actually done, or even to receive gifts for a little person that's not quite there yet. I know there are people who won't even prepare for the baby themselves before the baby is born, but we're not those. We have pretty much everything ready and don't need anything anymore. :shrug: The baby was planned and it took a while to get pregnant, so we made sure we can financially figure it all out. I also believe that the majority of things we'd get would be something we could live without, so I prefer it this way.

Where I come from, gifts are brought once the baby is born and you come to see it for the first time. :shrug:

Oh baby showers have caused many discussions between my family. My step mum keeps hounding me to have one, much to her disgust i'm not.

I hate anything which makes me the center of attention, so the thought of a baby shower sends chills down my back. Having to sit there for a few hours playing games and everyone asking questions about the baby etc. I'm also the kind of person who hates receiving gifts, i know they wouldn't be for me as such, but I've still got to receive and open them etc. So yeah a baby shower is a no no for me.

However like you said Jaz, i'm more than happy for people to bring gifts once the baby is born and come to see her for the first time. I think i'm just odd ha ha xx

I like that idea. Everyone come see baby once she is here and leave a gift if they want. Like you said Jaz, im sure its not things I can live without.

And like you Lucy, im not one for being the center of attention and people tallking about my belly. At my friends shower, the older ladies kept asking me to stand up and see my belly, just to compare how much bigger I was than my friend who is due a month ahead of me. Im happy they wanted to make my friend feel better (she has low self body image) but thanks for making me feel so big. Good thing I really dont care.

We don't do showers ere either, although I'd love to try organise one just for the get together lol but again we get gifts after baby arrives! I'm not superstitious tho, my mil won't get the bouncer until I'm 8 months which is fine but it's not stopping me!

I'm proud to say I've had 3 meals today woohoo only one snack so far so I'll have summat later too, and have had my 2 litres of water so anything now is a bonus! The days still early but oh be back soon and I won't pig out with him here so today should be a good day :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->