November Due Dates (cont)

Lucy, glad to hear everything is okay! The kick counter my doctor gave me says I should feel 10 movements every 4 hours... Who knows which is right, I say follow your gut and when in doubt, call!

WTB - glad to hear all is well with your girls! Great weights, too! :)

Wow, WTB, that's a lot of baby for triplets, there.

THe thread sure does move fast. I'm doing my best to catch up, but I'm also failing because I skipped most of the morning at work and am trying to figure things out here, as well.

We had an appointment this morning, so here's what I posted in my journal as well. Sorry about the long post (I'll just horribly copy-paste it all):

31w4d

Weight: 1900 grams a.k.a. 4lb 3 oz.

Oink.

I know it's just an estimate, but... aaaa? He's on the 75th percentile, all's good, everything measures right. He was very active so his HB was a bit higher than it normally is, but the doctor said that was good, too.

Head down. For now. Because there's more than enough room for him to keep turning. I hope he doesn't.

The icky pain/burn in my crotch/pelvis area is normal. He said the name of the nerve, but I forgot what it was. Either way, it happens because pretty much all of my weight gain has gone into the bump, and I'm carrying low, so when I stand still, the gravity doesn't treat me nicely, pretty much. The doctor suggested a support belt for housework (cooking/cleaning), or any other occasion where I'll just stand for a while. I might give it a try.

This was our last monthly checkup and I need to be back in two weeks (October 3rd is the appointment). We'll track the little guys weight/growth and act accordingly. If he keeps growing at a steady rate, there should be no issues with pushing him out, since my body shape, so far, looks favorable.

Still low-risk, not expected to deliver prior to the due date. I could, and should, go to the pool to get some floating exercise. Yoga is fine, since I've been doing it all along. My blood pressure was 120/58, so I'm doing very good there, too. Overall weight gain in my chart now, for the past 34 days is listed as 7 lbs (3175 grams), which made me angry! Not because of the weight itself (yup, I gained it), but because it's under 5 lbs, actually. They disregarded the fact that it was barely above freezing this morning and that I came in wearing a lot more clothing than ever before. Hmph.

I do feel better that it's not all my fault, though, because the kiddo has gained a lot, too. My home scale says 8 kilos total, from the day I found out I was pregnant (and that day, I recorded my lowest weight ever in years and years, anyway). That's about 17.5 pounds, which I guess is okay.

And here's what the Madame predicted for me:

The day you deliver, outside will be hot. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the night. After a labor lasting approximately 14 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 12 pounds, 10 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark gray eyes and barely there blonde hair.

I got on the scales this morning and was upset too!! But then like you said I had on more clothes since it was 48 degrees F here! Sounds like your doing a fab job growing your little man and your gain sounds awesome!!! Your doing a great job keeping it slow and steady! (wish i could say the same) And how exciting your heading in every other week now!!!

Yay to all the good doctor's visits.

Since we were gone for 4 days, had a lot to do here this morning. Did the dishes, started laundry, had somebody come over to mow our yard (looked atrocious, because our lawnmower broke), and went through baby shower gifts.

I even took a little 25 minute walk around the neighborhood but I started getting a stitch in my side at the end. Pretty pitiful!

There's tons more chores around the house to do, but going to go to school this afternoon, hopefully can get some studying done there.

Oh, yeah, and ate HORRIBLY at the MIL's house all the long weekend. On Saturday, there was a mini family reunion, so I had spicy cheesy chicken dip, brownies, potato salad, etc. etc. Then Sunday was the shower, so of course we had chocolate cake. And then later ordered pizza. Ugh, have to get back to healthy eating, don't want to gain too much the last 2 months!

Phew girls! I've just caught up on all today's chitter chatter!

My prediction said:
"The day you deliver, outside will be misty. Your baby will arrive in the early morning. After a labor lasting approximately 11 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 14 pounds, 1 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have light amber eyes and some black hair."

I bloody hope this LO doesnt weigh 14 lbs!!! Although the only good thing about that would be the weight loss after birth! Haha... And I would be shocked by the amber eyes as DH & I both have blue eyes, and I'm kinda hoping for a blondie as I was white blonde as a baby, but DH is dark so I guess it could happen.

Lucy, I'm so glad your LO is doing well, it's horrible to be worrying like that.

WTB, very healthy weights! That's awesome!

I've had such a crappy day at work, I'm all achey & tired :( To top it all off I'm thinking baby mich have moved to breech in the last 36 hours, it's hard to tell for sure tho...

DH is at the shop getting garlic pizza bread... Yum! I'm so hungry!

Sorry if I've missed anyone/anything... Zzzzz zzzzzz......

WTB - yaaay on the weights!!!

Jaz - sounds like you had a good appointment :)

Medieval - I now want all of that food ...! Thanks lol hmmm ESPECIALLY the brownies nom nom :)

Sounds yummy though! :)

I heard 5 kicks in an hour and then 4 in the next hour and you should go in. :/

Our guidelines say 10 kicks over the course of two hours are just fine.

Just got back from the doctor to check that the puddle I am sitting in intermittently is normal discharge. It is. Apparently it is just quite thin now. I posted in 3rd tri, but for those that don't go I learned three things from this:

1) discharge in 3rd tri gets really watery.
2) I do NOT like a male OB doing a vaginal exam on me.
3) I am SUPER sensitive in there-- the speculum hurt incredibly bad. :( I told the doc at the end that I never wanted anything to go in there again! lol!!

There you have it. A day of lessons learned. I now have this horrible feeling that childbirth will hurt my insides. I know, that's normal, but I guess I always thought it was the uterine pain I'd be dealing with, not actual pain in the soft tissue. What the hell?! :(

Mine's watery, too. And still slightly coloured (yellowgreenishsomething), but no infection (so I guess I'm an alien :lol: ).

I do love male OB/GYN. All of mine have been great. Women ones, however, were along the lines of run for your life.

Mine's watery, too. And still slightly coloured (yellowgreenishsomething), but no infection (so I guess I'm an alien :lol: ).

I do love male OB/GYN. All of mine have been great. Women ones, however, were along the lines of run for your life.

I have no idea what color mine is, Jaz. All my underwear that fit are colored, no whites. I could very well be an alien as well! lol!!

I never thought I'd have an issue with a man. Just something about it made me extremely uneasy. He was nice enough, I was just uncomfortable with him being down there. My midwives have been great so far. As long as I don't have any complications one of them will deliver me, otherwise it'll be an OB an there are men and women so who knows what I'd get. In any case, I doubt during labor I'd be feeling so weird about it- I'll probably be focused on other things. ;)

Everyone I've seen so far has been female, I'm glad for this! I think I'd feel a wee bit self conscious with a guy...

It's just that the majority of my ob/gyns have been male, I suppose. And then, once they start checking you up for infertility issues, you really no longer care. I've probably had everyone and their uncle look under the hood and am at the point where I could undress wherever and have anyone poke around. :lol:

All of my underwear is colored, but I can't make it without those tiny daily liners anymore, so I get to see the alien colors. :lol:

I guess it's just what you're used to, all my docs when I was being tested etc were female too. I saw one male but he wasn't very good, I think he was a junior.

Thanks for the info oh_so! Mine has also been really watery lately... I just started wearing liners and have been much more comfortable since.

And I'm 100% with you on the male OB... I much prefer a woman OB... not that men aren't capable but I feel more comfortable with a female :) All of the docs in the group I go to are women so regardless of who's on call when I go into labor I won't have to worry about a man walking into my L&D room!

I think all of mine are males at the hospital, haha. But if I see a doctor other than mine, I'll just run away and deliver in a ditch, anyway. :rofl:

There are three women and one man at my doctor's office. I had the man when DD was born and it would be my luck to have him again probably. I prefer a female for sure, but at this point it's like "ah, whatever".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->