November Due Dates (cont)

I had a male gynae back in SA when I was younger. I didn't like him much as he spoke down to me. Yes I was 18 when I saw him but felt like he was treating me like a kid! So the next time I needed to see a gynae, I chose to see a female gynae. She was a lot better.

Saw the midwife this afternoon. All is well with baba. Seeing her again in 2 weeks time - 2nd October and the consultant on 11 Oct (to discuss labour options).

I have my consultant appt on 11th Oct as well! And I get to have a wee peek at LO on the ultrasound... Excited!

How the hell does multiquote work anyway? Grrrr.

Weight gain - total gain since conception: 3kg.

Madame's prediction:
The day you deliver, outside will be cold. Your baby will arrive in the late evening. After a labor lasting approximately 16 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 10 pounds, 11 ounces, and will be 17 inches long. This child will have dark violet eyes and a little patch of brown hair.
Pretty sure we're having a boy tbh, but the violet eyes would be awesome :p TEN POUNDS?! nonononononononononono

Grats MedGrad!!! So chuffed for you!

WTB: Gorgeous bump and nice to see the girls are growing well :)

Everyone: HAI! Didya miss me? :p

AFM: I wore flight socks for all the flights. Still got horrendous cankles. Seats were thankfully near a loo on each flight, so I was lil miss speedy as soon as the "undo seatbelt" or "loo busy" signs disappeared. They tried to take my water away from me in Addis Ababa - in my 8th month of pregnancy, 30C heat, stressing because of the extended delay which meant I missed out on seeing relatives in the UK? And you want to do WHAT? No frickin way, I burst into tears and two female attendants nearby actually scolded the male x-ray tech who confiscated my water and they let me on board with it. I drank a metric fuckton of water on those flights. Also - people are fucking RUDE, just barged past and into me even with me in my "Baby in Bloom" t-shirt. And!!! Insist on assisted travel, no matter what stage you're at, and INSIST on getting the assistance - ours disappeared and never reappeared and DH is gonna write a snottogram to the airline - we're never flying with them again (Ethiopian Airways, in case anyone is considering using them).

At mum's, cooing over three huge carrier bags of baby clothes a friend set aside for us that we collected en route, marvelling at the work my family (esp mum) have put into getting the rooms upstairs suitable for habitation, and catching mum looking at the bump and welling up occasionally... bless her heart <3

lucky you Bean!!!
MW did say that she is keeping an eye on my measurements and if they shoot up again she will send me for another scan. I would love to have another peak at LO!! But on the other hand I don't want a huge baby!!

Welcome back 1eighty! Glad you made it & the flight wasn't *too* traumatic :wave:

Welcome back 1eighty! Glad you made it safely to your destination! :) Must feel good to be with family!

Everyone: HAI! Didya miss me? :p

Def! :thumbup:

I can't believe they try to take water from pregnant women, ouf! I wish men had a clue sometimes!

Yay you, how is everything? Reunited with family and kitties? Glad you made it back hydrated at least. lol!

Ladies, are you planning pain management in labor? What kind?

I just saw a post that freaked me out! Woman said she got an epidural then slept through the night but woke up with back pain because she was unable to move all night as she COULDN'T FEEL HER LEGS! OMG that sounds like a nightmare to me. I've actually had paralysis nightmares and it was the most horrifying thing. I can't imagine now having the epi. My hospital also offers a "walking epi"... I have actually not done all my homework on this stuff.

I planned med free, but had the most painful pelvic exam today that made me fear I'd become a wimp. Weirdest thing that the speculum hurt. I mean, that's crazy, I've never experienced that before! Dear God, please let hypnobirthing class help me! Class on Monday was cancelled as the leader is a doula and had a labor. I feel nervous. :(

I didnt even know a walking epi existed? like how does that work? is it just a lower dosage? does that mean it could wear off faster then id start to feel pain if labor doesnt progress fast enough?

I went med free last time, but that all depends on the pain level. I'm definitely not above an epidural! I'm just keeping an open mind about it.

A walking epi is just the placement of the epi so that it numbs the abs and vaj, but you still can feel it, just not as bad. With a full epi you are numb from the abs down, so your legs go numb and you are unable to walk but you feel nothing.

I am only having a spinal, a one time injection in the back that wears off after a couple of hours. But it numbs you from the chest down. Its scary and makes it feel like its hard to breath, but its that or be put out and miss the birth. I dont think so!!

I am undecided about pain management during labor. If my breathing, walking, labor ball, showering, and other techniques don't work, then I will have an epidural. I'm going to wait and see how it goes. I've never had bad period cramps, so I have no clue what labor is going to feel like.

I have no real interest in a "natural" birth. Any intervention in a hospital isn't going to be "natural." What I'm interested in is a healthy mom and a healthy baby.

What I'm most nervous about right now is getting induced. My childbirth class made it sound reallly horrible.

I plan to go meds free, but I'm open to anything, which should simply mean that I'm trying to live with the fact that shit might happen, to put it that way, and then hopefully not feel miserable afterwards.

It took a long time, but did manage to find a doctor who doesn't do things I disagree with, so we're pretty much on the same page there. If we didn't need a pediatrician at birth, I suppose I'd probably attempt delivering at home, with a midwife.

With my irrational fear of puking, I don't think I can deal with epidural, or pretty much any other thing they talked about in our hospital-based birthing class: they said all of them actually cause nausea of some sort. Then, well, no, thenk you. I can't voluntarily sign up for any of those sensations.

I think my pain tolerance is pretty high, so I believe I can manage labour. If I can't, I already told my doctor I would rather be cut open immediately, than put through the whole ordeal that includes adding pitocin (drip), this or that, which I believe would lead to a C-section anyway.

Oh_so, vagina/cervix and everything else down there are vey sensitive to the touch during pregnancy. That's one of the reasons many midwives/doctors don't do routine vaginal exams. I've not had a single one (other than the early ultrasounds with a vaginal probe). If everything continues to go the good way, as it has been, I won't have any at all, until after my water breaks and I'm pretty much in labour. He might skip it even then, if everything is progressing as it should.

I have no pain tolerance whatsoever - I can't even get my legs waxed -it hurts so bad (but probably because I have very thick, coarse spiky hair from years of shaving....

I'm pretty much open to anything but for the sake of hoping to establish breast feeding quickly and effectively, will try my best to stay away from pethidine. I aiming for gas & air, using the spa bath, tens machine, breathing exercises and I might try and read a little about hypnobirthing as I can't afford the $500 for classes.

Do like the sound of the walking epidural and will need to find out if the hospital does it

I always considered myself a total wimp about pain. I had TERRIBLE period cramps the first day or 2 of my cycle. I would consistently miss school or work because of them. I'd get hot sweaty, then cold cills and vomit. It was terrible. And I'd have to get in the STRANGEST positions to get relief from the cramps, then God help me if I moved an inch out of that position. Thankfully most of my labor (all but the hour or so before I started pushing) didn't hurt nearly as bad. And another nice thing was the contractions would come and go whereas period cramps were endless.

Sorry to tell you Jaz, but I had no pain meds and still puked twice when I was in labor. Apparently it's a sign of transition?

Yeah, I hear a lot about puking regardless of meds and it pretty much always seems to be linked to transition.

Either way, for now I just choose to disregard that as an option/possibility. :lol:

We had our first natural childbirth class tonight and it was great. Two doulas/educators and the two of us, in our own dining room.

Hot-n-spicy cup of noodles at mid-night......Yea im beggin for the worst nights sleep:haha:

Hahhaha. Yeah you are mommaB!!! I've heartburn just from eating saltine crackers. I can't imagine trying to sleep after a bowl of spicy soup!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->