November Due Dates (cont)

Im fighting sleep now just so I dont go lay down after eating them :dohh:
They were sooo good!! Im giving up, wish me luck im not up all night :haha:

Hope you feel better WTB!

Hope you aren't on here until you are fully rested!!! Had a little milk which somehow soothes the burn! Works better than the heartburn meds!

Welcome home 1eighty :) say ur so glad to be home!

As for pain management, I'm open to Epi... As the last option! I've oh warned I will say it when I get to bout 8 cm (oh wow pain ups a notch then) but it'll be to late so ignore me!
I did it with just gas and air with DS which I hated... Until I needed stitches lol with me I was fine if some one encouraged me! I started trying to fight the contractions, and was hurting so bad. So the nurse kept going 'u can do it, go with tgrm' and I was grand! I had contractions in my front and back though, so by the time it came to the end they were constant!

Also don't underestimate what ur body can do! I took a sleeping tab an hour before my waters went! I was fine until I had him... Then fell asleep straight away lol my mam had to take him!

I have a male Gyno, I like him (he's also quite attractive O_O)...

Welcome back eighty1! Flights over now!

I plan on having a strong dose of painkillers at the start. Then nothing. Although I'm going to get them to test my blood in case I do cave and want an epi. I don't want to need it and then not be able to have it!.

Thanks everyone!

I'm still hoping for a waterbirth with gas n air, but I heard you can get a walking epi if you are having a waterbirth too. Open to pretty much anything, and I'm not so scared of even an episiotomy, as long as I don't feel it happening or being stitched up.

Need food!!!!

Sarah why do u need ur blood tested for Epi? God I must really know nothing bout it!

Omg omg Omg! Got my scan date this morning, I get my full fetal assessment next wed! Cannot wait to see baby! It's been a long ten weeks since I got a lil peek at baby! And he looked so sad then (I was bleeding and he looks like he's pouting)!
Only 10 o clock and today's started out brill!

I get very painful periods, so I'm hoping I'll cope with early labour.
So far my 'plan' for the birth looks like this on a scale:
1. Take paracetamol :haha: This is likely to be if I stay at home before the contractions get too bad/close together, so in pre-labour so to speak
2. Deep breathing & meditation, going to keep trying this throughout to try & stay calm, but if it helps with pain too, I'll be a happy bunny!
3. Use tens machine.
4. Gas & air. I'm kinda looking forward to this :D
5. Morphine injection
6. Epidural

I'm hoping I only get as far as 4, but I won't know until labour strikes. Like I said, I've dealt with very painful period pains since I was a teenager, but yeah, I'm expecting this to be a whole lot worse! Bookity, you've made me feel a bit more optimistic, as you're right, contractions will come & go...

Both my sisters had epidurals, so I guess it's a possibility. I'm not keen though unless it's REALLY necessary as I don't like the idea of losing feeling when you need to push, I heard it can prolong labour too. And if I need a caesarian for whatever reason then I'll just do as they tell me.

Woop for another scan Phin! I'm pretty excited about mine, but trying not to get too excited as for some reason I'm convinced they'll tell me it's not necessary... :shrug:

Yesterday I was feeling good as baby had hiccups & I could feel them in my pelvic area, so I though great- head is down, and then I woke up this morning with baby hiccupping right up at my ribs! Naughty baby! Get back down there! :haha:

Im definately getting an epidural if I need it. And to be honest I probably will. I might suprise myself though, I can be quite determined when I want to be.

I dont think I'll like gas and air. I feel sick quite easily and it sounds like the kind of thing that would make me sick!

I only have two main fears for the actual labour. One being that I suffer with migraines and im so so worried I'll have a migraine during labour. I dont know what I'll do if thats the case.. I literally cant function when i get migraines :wacko:
and two being throwing up. I have this crazy fear of throwing up infront of people, I absolutely hate it!! Although i'll probably be at the point of not caring at all by then..

Phin - So exciting about your scan! Howcome you get another scan? If you dont mind me asking. Must be so nice knowing that you'll get to see baby again!

I'm not gonna lie I CANNOT wait to get back on the Pethidine!!!! (and gas and air!!) :) I loved Pethidine! :haha:

yaaaaaaaaay for getting back safely 1eighty even if the journey here was stressful :(

It's just what they told me that you needed one on the hospital tour. But then again... I don't speak german well :p

Yay for scan!!! :D actually, I can't wait to see her again on the 25th... and it's only been 2 weeks for me!

I agree bean, actually one of the reasons I decided to have a baby is that it sometimes settles periods down (pain wise etc). So I'm kind of hoping my periods will normalise again :shrug:. But I'm hoping that it will help me get through early labour.

They don't do gas and air in Germany :( So none for me. I was thinking about looking into a tens machine or at least asking someone about it...

Yeah bookity, even if you have to count the seconds, it's still a limited time!

I'm kind of scared though that I'll get in a defensive mode. When I do sometimes I shut down and wont ask for anything even if I'm actually about to die from pain... :/

Ok and on another note, I just reaslied how awesome baby and bump is. All other forums on the internet are such hostile places. And we are just all full of support and love for each other! :happydance::flower:

True, there's a lot of love here! Especially on this thread!

My sisters both used tens machines & said they were good in early labour, so I've got a loan of one. Need to buy new sticky pads for it tho. I'm also planning on having a bath at home, and labouring in the birth pool if I find it helps, but not sure if I'll be allowed as they can be funny about letting overweight people in the pool :(

I'm seeing my consultant tomorrow and if he okays me for it I want to go to the local birth centre rather than either of the hospitals. If I go there I won't have the option of an epidural so my pain management plan is to listen to my meditation tracks, bounce on ball, use a Tens Machine (at home for early labour and then in the birth centre), then get in the pool at the hospital and finally gas and air. Hopefully I can manage on that as if I want anything more I'll have to transfer to a hospital ward and I really, really want to stay in the birth centre.

I also suspect I may swear a lot but neurological studies have shown that swearing reduces pain perception and increase our tolerance of pain, so it's not rudeness, it's science.:D

Ok and on another note, I just reaslied how awesome baby and bump is. All other forums on the internet are such hostile places. And we are just all full of support and love for each other! :happydance::flower:

Have you looked at many threads on the Baby Club forum yet? Some of the threads there get horribly nasty. Usually about subjects like controlled crying but once I read a thread that was just about getting the bus and some of the posters went off the deep end. It's a bit scary.

Exactly! Oh I'm thinking I might crack in childbirth and start swearing at all the GErmans. If they talk German around me and not include me... I may start releasing some serious built up anger... :O

Nope, I'm glad I havent Springer :(

I really do not know how i will cope with the pain. Im rather odd. Im fine when it comes to getting tattoos done etc but then any other kind of pain i can't handle lol.
I think i will end up having an epidural, i don't think my hospital does walking epis. I haven't thought about getting a tens machine, are they any good?
Xx

Info on Tens machine here is quite useful https://www.patient.co.uk/health/TENS-Machines.htm It seems to be the sort of thing that works for some & not for others.

I get another scan wandering cause I bled really bad clots at 22 weeks. They couldn't find why, just that my placentas low, so I was meant to have a scan at 28 weeks to make sure everything in there was ok... But they didn't schedule it :( so my nurse got on to the dr, and they gonna check everything and right up a report for my dr etc! Hoping baby tries smile this time, hated seeing him frowning!

Is it weird that I normally have a mouth like a drunk sailor... But never swore once in labour! I kinda went off into my own world, I member the nurse telling me to go with the contractions and that I could do it. Once she said that I member just closing my eyes, listening to baby's heart and rolling with the pain! Think that's why I managed so well! I member smiling at my ma when she came in and I honestly couldn't tell u what she was at after that cause I kept my eyes closed and breathed!

... Then the lil shit stitched me... Ohh he heard me then lol

Yup baby club is a hormonal place lol imagine 4 circumsion threads and it's not even as hormonal as it can get ha!

My doctor and I only discussed an epidural... It seems like our pain management options are pretty limited in the US... or at least in the area I'm from. But, if that's the only thing I'm offered, I'm definitely going to take it! I'll try to go as long as I can on my own, but I'm not above asking for an epi. Who knows, maybe I'll have quick labors like my mom and I won't have a chance :)

Mrs it sure is interesting how birth is handled over here versus the rest of the world. Part of the pain management is the fact that insurance rarely covers anything but a hospital birth, and with that the options are usually: 1. Nothing (bless those who can for I'm not one of them) 2. Epidural 3. Spinal Block

That is about it. Any other option is usually seen as unusual and requires all expenses to be out of pocket. Just interesting how different it is. We also lead the world in the number/percent of c sections performed. It made me wonder how many are actually medically necessary versus how many are scheduled (after some time seeing trends with labor and delivery, I've noticed a dramatic slow down of patients on the weekends and weekend evenings, but midweek l&d is hopping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->