November Due Dates (cont)

The only person in my family who smokes is my sister's husband. It's already a rule at her house that he has to smoke outside. I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my house. I would hope no one would presume that was okay!

I can't believe that woman Mrs! How rude!

Hey, I'm joining those of you on the second-to-last fruit today. After this we become watermelons. OMG, what a horrifying fruit for them to choose when you've got baby coming out in mind. lol!!!

The smoking thing annoys me too, my MIL is the only one who smokes - I don't want her holding the baby if she stinks of smoke either, I hope my OH will say something to her about it.

Mrs. I am sorry that lady was so rude to you. I was in a shop being served last week and the lady behind the till asked when I was due, I told her and them my cousin who I was with said 'your getting big' and patted my belly :| I patted hers back and said 'so are you,when are you due?' :rofl: a couple of weeks back my SIL also said 'I want to see how big you are' and OH said to her - 'not as big as you' :haha:

It might have been a hamfisted attempt at reassuring you. Her daughter was tiny because she hadn't produced enough amniotic fluid so the baby was born early with a low birth weight, which can cause problems. The fact that you are bigger means you do have enough fluid so don't have to worry about that causing problems for you baby. She might just have worded it really badly.

I guess I didn't look at it that way... I suppose she could have been trying to reassure me, but she could have chosen her words differently :haha:

Some people are so tactless when it comes to size. I'm still annoyed at my friend who said I was massive at 28 weeks! Then she said I looked like I was having a 12 lber! I really don't know what's up with her. People are stupid.

I washed a couple of loads of baby's clothes today, its so cute having such tiny things hanging on the airer!

Bean! What is your friend thinking??!! My best friend is also pregnant and just a week behind me and she wouldn't dare say anything about my size even though it is obvious that I'm much bigger than her (although I always have been... she's a really petite girl)

I really don't know, I think she thinks it's funny! She's not usually a malicious person. I'm wondering if she's jealous or something. I'm not taking it personally though, I'm not measuring ahead, actually 1 cm behind, but I'm pregnant, it's normal for me to look like I'm having a baby!

I really don't know, I think she thinks it's funny! She's not usually a malicious person. I'm wondering if she's jealous or something. I'm not taking it personally though, I'm not measuring ahead, actually 1 cm behind, but I'm pregnant, it's normal for me to look like I'm having a baby!

Awe, she's probably not trying to be malicious. My mom and OH are always saying how huge my baby bump is and that I will probably have an enormous baby. I just laugh it off, partly because I know it's true. Comparing my bump to others at my stage, mine is generally much bigger. Plus we were both big babies, so would not be too surprised if we have a little monster in there. lol!!

But, you're right, we're pregnant, looking pregnant is normal! I saw an ad in a magazine at the OB yesterday with a woman with no body fat and a baby bump that looked about our stage wearing... get this... 6" heels. Um, okay, screw you, media! I'm tired of your trying to make us feel like we've over-gained or something. You know what, we're storing fat for breastfeeding and some water retention is also totally normal. I'll bet the percentage of waif models getting pregnant is pretty low, anyhow! I was underweight last year and my pregnancy came just a little after bringing my BMI up to average finally. I don't think that was co-incidence. There are lots of factors, but low BMI certainly is not good for being pregnant!

I look and feel huge ... if anyone makes a comment then they'll get a smack with the babybag lol. I hate how people think it's okay to make 'wow how big are you comments' ..... you wouldn't make a comment like that to an obese person or how skinny an anorexic person is - so why would you make a comment to a pregnant person who is more hormonal and emotional :dohh:

Well not to mention if you're very thin your periods stop... so... pretty difficult to get pregnant!!!

I really don't care if someone says anything about my bump. Yup, it's fairly huge, but that's what it's supposed to be, especially since it looks like the kiddo in there is on the bigger side, as well. :shrug:

Our hospital offers epidural (walking and regular), spinal tap and two other things, one of which is called Nubain, and the other Fentanyl. I don't think I'd ever agree to the last two, as they are known to cause nausea immediately. Apparently epidural causes it, too, so that's a pretty big fat no for me.

I actually have had only one comment on my bump which was 'u got big at the star, but now ur just all bump looking' which is fine in my eyes! Ha I took a bump pic today, and don't think I've grew in the last few weeks, but def rounder which I can deal with!

I'm wiped tonight! Was helping my mil all day, and even though we weren't doing much I'm wiped now!

My feet and fingers look like sausages :haha:

As for bump comments, my friend had posted and tagged a pic of me on FB from my shower of me and another friend who is a week away from delivering (she doesnt look preggers, she gained all over, not the point) but my great aunt comments and I quote "Nice bump ladies. Jaime you look like your about to explode" :growlmad: WTF!!!

My feet and fingers look like sausages :haha:

As for bump comments, my friend had posted and tagged a pic of me on FB from my shower of me and another friend who is a week away from delivering (she doesnt look preggers, she gained all over, not the point) but my great aunt comments and I quote "Nice bump ladies. Jaime you look like your about to explode" :growlmad: WTF!!!

:saywhat:

First of all, I've seen your bump pictures you've posted here and you do not look like you're about to explode! What a crap comment... I'm sure it wasn't meant to come off like that, but I just don't understand why people don't think things through before the say/type them!

Our hospital offers epidural (walking and regular), spinal tap and two other things, one of which is called Nubain, and the other Fentanyl. I don't think I'd ever agree to the last two, as they are known to cause nausea immediately. Apparently epidural causes it, too, so that's a pretty big fat no for me.

Over here if they give you meds during labour that may make you nauseous, they will give you something for nausea at the same time to negate that particular side effect (read that in my midwife pack last night!).

I think Pethidine may be similar to those Jaz? Or is it Demoral it's similar too? Either way Pethidine is known to cause nausea and sickness which is why they give it with an anti-sickness remedy all in the same jab :)

I know we're all moaning about people saying about our bumps being big, but I know women who have 'smaller' bumps for how far gone they are get upset too. In otherwords people should just NOT comment on the size of a baby bump without causing the pregnant person to get offended lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->