November Due Dates (cont)

We're waiting on picking up a few more bits and bobs from my BFF, then I'll start with the laundry. TINY CLOTHES!!!

And *then* I'll be able to pack a hospital bag :p

I've still got a few bits to do. My travel system isn't arriving until next week, her cot should be delivered 25th October, then it needs to be put together. I've still got a few clothes to wash and a couple more things to buy but then that's it really :)

So glad i don't have much left to do as im really starting to struggle now. I've stayed in my pjs all day as i almost passed out at lunch time and felt like i couldn't breathe. Im thinking its because she is still quite high up, pushing everything together.

Does anyone know when your bump is supposed to drop? I hope it's soon!!

Xx

I have been told that babies start to engage anywhere from 36 weeks. So bump should start dropping from then.

Still trying to figure out a middle name for Vanessa. I don't remember if I've posted the options before to you gals...

Mila
Mia
Mira

My husband isn't very fond of them (closest one for him to liking is probably Mira). Today I thought of another possibility.

Gwyneth (or maybe Gwenyth)

WDYT??

Mia is mom mom's name. Mira and Mila are (also) very common in Croatia. Mira more for older ladies (I mean, it was popular back in the day) and Mila is getting a new kick these days.

We have no middle name for our little guy as of yet. Like, none.

And I really need to pack that hospital stuff, now that I have it all, more or less. I bought a pack (6+2 free) panties at Walmart today, some whatever Hanes crap (is that even the right brand name?) for cheap because, well, I don't want my own good underwear ruined with the giant pads and all other stuff that will fall out of me... haha.

Still trying to figure out a middle name for Vanessa. I don't remember if I've posted the options before to you gals...

Mila
Mia
Mira

My husband isn't very fond of them (closest one for him to liking is probably Mira). Today I thought of another possibility.

Gwyneth (or maybe Gwenyth)

WDYT??

Dunno, but for flow I'd probably choose a 1-syllable middle name to complement the 3-syllable first name. I'm not going to randomly throw others out there, though... try a few and see how it fits for you. :)

Thanks, I felt the same way about my daughter's name (Michaela) and she ended up with a 2 syllable middle name (Anya) and it seems to just fit her now.

I honestly can't think of any one syllable names that I love. I totally get that the "flow" seems better with a one syllable name.

Names are hard. It's very much person-by-person. I can't believe we're naming my son Eamon (or Ayman)... I mean, it's nice enough and it's OH's uncle, but it's weird that it's been chosen already and that this baby will have that name all his life. I can't quite grasp it, for any name, really. I still liked Zain, but I was too nice and gave OH free reign and now he's told his whole family and says his uncle would be insulted if we changed it, etc, so I guess that's that. I think babies grow into their names in any case. I'm sure whatever you name her will ultimately "fit". :o)

A few one-syllable names that I found quickly:

eve
claire
jade
gwen

But, I can understand being attached to particular names already. If I were to choose from your list I'd choose 'mila'. :)

Names are so hard. Especially when it comes to finding one my husband likes. Jade and Claire got nix'd by him a long time ago unfortunately. I like them both though.

He says the middle name is totally up to me. Technically I guess it could be whatever I want, but I don't want to choose something he absolutely doesn't like.

We just have no ideas for the kiddo's middle name, at all. I'm against picking one that honors any family members, though.

I don't want any family names either. So the "go to" middle names like Fay, Ann, and Rose are already out for me!

Ahaha! If we tried to find an Arabic name not in OH's family we'd be at it for a looooong while. He has 8 uncles, just as a sampling. Now consider all the aunts as well, and the cousins that have come from those families. Not to mention previous generations. I can't imagine having so many living relatives. Amazing!!

The middle name was picked ages ago for our Little one (since I was a kid actually :p). It'll be my middle name, which is my mum's and grandmother's name too :p

:haha: all my 3 have family links ...

Stephen Edward - OH and FIL are called Stephen (steve) and Edward is after my Stepdad.
Henry Jack - OH's grandad is called Henry (though didn't learn this until after he was named haha!), and Jack is my mum's dad who I never got to meet and my 'uncle' Jack (my Nan's very close friend) who was a big part in my life.
Phoebe Anne - Just the Anne this time is both our mum's middle name (well it's Ann but I think it looks prettier with an 'e')

Urm...... bookity, I'm not sure which one goes ... though I did a google and these came up - hope you don't mind? :flower:

Vanessa Jade
Vanessa Claire
Vanessa Leigh
Vanessa Mae
Vanessa Lynn
Vanessa Faith
Vanessa Grace

There's just a few that google came up with lol :)

We have decided to wait until she is born to decide on her name. We do however have a few names that we have been throwing round ...

first names - Annabelle, Joanna, Cathrine(Family name on both sides), Danica
Second names - Freya, Emma, Carys,

My favourite would have to be Danica Carys, but as I said the final decision will be made when she is born.

we're deciding between Lily, Lucy, Elizabeth and Holly, middle name Margaret, last name Diener (think Deener).

I think I prefer Mila or Mira to Mia, just think it flows better when said out loud. My (Croatian) friend has a daughter called Mila, I think it's so sweet!

If this LO is a boy then middle name will defo be Peter- it's my dad's & his dad's first name & DH is keen on the idea of honouring his dad, but it's handy that they're both called that! So it's likely to be Reuben Peter or Daniel Peter for a boy (although we may still change our mind!).

For a girl we'll probably call her Lily, as I've loved that name since I was in my teens & it was my dad's Mum's name (who I never met), so most likely Lily Beatrice or Lily Elspeth. If she really doesn't look like a Lily, we'll maybe chose Jasmine or Lauryl... My middle name is Margaret too, after my dad's aunt who brought him up after his mum (Lily) died.

In other news, my LO is a little rascal & has turned to the breech position! I kinda suspected it (as could feel hiccups further up) but was confirmed by midwife this morning! Naughty baby!

Haha bean, our LOs could've had similar names! or even both been "Lily Margaret"

My LO moved into breech the other night, but I think she's back to head down :). Give her a chance to get back into position, you've still got plenty of time.

Y'know, if anyone's gonna go with "Claire", you should really drop the "i"....

Best version imho :D

How do you pronounce Mila? Theres a girl with a daughter on my facebook called mila and I never knew how it was pronounced.. do you say the L or is it silent!?

Me and OH struggled so badly with girls names. We're both really picky with them whereas with boys names we liked thousands! Luckily we already had Lily as our name before I even knew I was pregnant and I couldn't see her being anything else now but it does annoy me how popular the name is :/ As my mum said when she goes to school there will probably be another ten Lilys in her class :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->