November Due Dates (cont)

I've looked at the What to expect books but for some reason not totally keen on them. I've been looking on Amazon/Waterstones and i've found Birth And Beyond: The Definitive Guide to Your Pregnancy, Your Birth, Your Family - From Minus 9 to Plus 9 Months. Has some really good reviews and seems to be jam packed full of info!!

I thought my pregnancy hormones had gone, then i watched the news. Started blubbing because a dogs home are finding it hard during the recession and are having to put dogs down because of no room, then i heard about Gary Barlows baby, so sad :(
Thank god my OH is here to give me cuddles.

xx

Whenever I try to get book 2 from Asda - they're always sold out ... they have book 1 and 3 but not book 2 grrrr!!!

Has anyone heard about Gary barlow and his daughter? :( It's so so sad

Well just got a call from my nurse, and I did NOT pass my glucose tolerance test :nope: so tomorrow I am on to the 3 hour test to be officially diagnosed. And she said my iron was extremely low so now i need an extra supplement. I was prepared for this. It seems at night I am getting up to drink rather than pee, same thing I did with my son when I had GD.

Well just got a call from my nurse, and I did NOT pass my glucose tolerance test :nope: so tomorrow I am on to the 3 hour test to be officially diagnosed. And she said my iron was extremely low so now i need an extra supplement. I was prepared for this. It seems at night I am getting up to drink rather than pee, same thing I did with my son when I had GD.

Aww, sorry to hear that :( If you pass the 3 hour test would you still be diagnosed with GD?
Ive got mine in a couple weeks, am dreading it!!

Charlie - It's so upsetting, i cant imagine what they are going through right now!

xx

You can't be too heavy for yoga, really, unless you're so obese you can't even get up on your own! I'd do basic classes, they can really just tell you how to adjust, if you'll even need to. The only things you need to avoid are cobra-like poses, as well as inverted ones. Everything else is good to go!

Tomorrow they will do 4 blood draws. If I do not pass three of them I will be diagnosed.

So sorry :( My doctors appoitment is on Wednesday Im not sure if he is going to give me a GD test or not... I did have my blood pressure and sugar tested though They had some free health thing and my sugar was at 71 which is low and my bloos pressure was 119/82 which is really good So i was pretty happy about that

Tomorrow they will do 4 blood draws. If I do not pass three of them I will be diagnosed.

Hope it goes OK, but if not at least they have caught it again and can start you on diet control/ treatment for you and LO :hugs:

Also - oh my goodness tiredness. I've changed to a new rotation from last week so I'm doing a nice easy job between 8 and 5 (but they are all really nice and basically have otld me if I have nothing left to do and am feeling tired etc I can leave at 3)! I'm just sitting down for a lot of hte day and its currently just general induction to the place so not taxing at all. BUT I'm still getting home and can't be bothered to do anything! I'm seriously considering going to bed in the next 10 mins (although I am having to get up at 6.40 which is about 30 mins earlier than I'm used to). Maybe I'm just being lazy and do actually need to start getting on with my ever growing to-do list lol :blush:

officially third tri today 27 weeks backs still good so no sign of official bedrest yet, but just found out my mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer so stress levels through the roof but hopefully they've caught it in time x

:( I'm so sorry to hear that. I hate cancer. My mom was diagnosed with AML, but has been stage 0 so thus far nothing much to do. She still smokes and eats poorly so I'm expecting it will creep up on her. I wish your mom the best. I know lung cancer is rough. I hope they caught it early. :hugs:

Ach! Good luck with it. I hate that drink and I hated all the draws, too. I hope in the end that your 1-hour was incorrect, I hear it is largely inaccurate- my office doesn't even do it, they just do a 2-hour fasting as the standard now. I drink and pee in the night, too, and was told I'm negative for GD, so there is hope. GL!

Hi everyone :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother :cry: I'm sure she'll be ok :thumbup: every year treatments get better. My bestfriends husband got diagnosed with a brain tumor last year and I was amazed what they were able to do for him. I'm wishing her the best of luck.

I've got my GD test next thursday :wacko: What is the one hour test? I'm having the three hour one. I'm very nervous becuase they tried to test me for diabetes 4 years ago and they couldn't get any more blood after the first one!! sent me to a special place in the city to try again and they couldn't get any blood at all. She even tried a very painful way that's supposed to work every time and it didn't work :cry:. They were amazed :dohh: I wasn't expecting it and I went into shock and they sent me home. Traumatised me for ages but a nurse told me that if you have difficulty getting blood to drink TONS of water for 24 hours. It's worked for me every time I've need a blood test since. Never did finish the test back then. I'm soooo nervous! :nope: There's a good chance I might have GD too as I had insulin resistance in the past but got rid of it by losing so excess weight. I've put on a bit in this pregnancy so who knows :shrug: Good luck with your tests everyone :thumbup:

sexysmurf, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully everything will be fine.

I wish they did the three (or at least two) hour test here, too. One-hour is not really reliable and I hate the idea of drinking the thing without fasting, too. Ick.

purplepeanut - yes on the drinking water. I've also been told to walk around for a bit starting an hour earlier than the draw(s). The one girl that had trouble getting my vein last time decided then to try my hand and although I'd heard it was painful, it is not nearly as painful as a fail, so recommend hands/feet if there are larger veins there and they have trouble with the arms. GL!

Jaz, can't you just ask for the 2-hour or 3-hour? Maybe they'll just do it by request. ??

officially third tri today 27 weeks backs still good so no sign of official bedrest yet, but just found out my mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer so stress levels through the roof but hopefully they've caught it in time x

So sorry to hear that! My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer last year, I have been through it all so if you have any questions I am here for you. I found a site for my mom that gave her so much support and understanding, the kind her family just couldn't give her. Lots of great survivor stories and wonderful people who honestly become a second family.
https://www.inspire.com/groups/lung-cancer-survivors/

Please message me anytime, my life has been consumed by lung cancer for the last year and I would love to help out in any way I can. :flower:

Yeah, I went to the supermarket yesterday and it tired me out! Of course then when I actually went to bed I couldnt sleep for an hour or so :dohh:

Sorry to hear about your mum Sexysmurf. Hoping everything goes to plan but I can't even imagine what your stress levels must be like.

Sorry to hear about your mum sexysmurf, hopefully everything will be ok :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->