November Due Dates (cont)

Poor DH. I have an empty large carry on type bag to help transport the clothes and entertainment stuff for me from antenatal to post partum, but it is guaranteed to be a pain in the rear. As far as things for the girls, since we are most likely going NICU we aren't bringing anything for them yet, but will have 3-4 days to send DH for items if they end up ready for home (probably not unless we somehow make it to 34 weeks--I'm not thinking that will happen).

I have a rather large case for my stuff then the baby bag for baby's, but that fits into my bag so I don't feel too bad! I have a smaller case tho, so if when I'm finished packing the big one is still too big, I have the smaller one!

Awh congrats to ur bro 1eighty! My sis is only 10 weeks behind me, so all my left over newborn stuff can go to her!

WTB don't feel too bad for him, ur doing all the hard work! Tell him to mind ur charger tho... It's the only thing I lost, in my 5-6 week stay in hosp last time!
How r babies doing? They keeping u on ur toes still?

You're almost there, WTB. Your babies are going to be so tiny cute, can't wait to see them!

Well the girls are doing gymnastics and I'm already done with shot one of the allowed three. I still have contractions pushing through the shot, but that is no big deal. It could be today but again it might just be another false alarm.

I'm really excited for you WTB, but hopefully those girls let you get to 34 weeks. That would be even better!

Gerber clothes are always sized the smallest I've seen. I had a pack of 6-9 month onesies that I forgot about and didn't open until DD was 6 months, but by then she was in mostly 9/12 month clothes (90th percentile girl), turns out she would have been better off wearing them at 3 months. Oy. I can't believe how they size stuff!

I'm not packing anything really for baby besides going home clothes. Onsies, socks, diapers, etc. are all provided for her at the hospital (and I get to take the leftovers home of the diapers).

Well the girls are doing gymnastics and I'm already done with shot one of the allowed three. I still have contractions pushing through the shot, but that is no big deal. It could be today but again it might just be another false alarm.

Oh, wow, so you've got shots at home to stop contractions? That's wild. Well, if it's meant to be today, it will be. I'm sure they will be just fine whenever they come. :) I wonder how long it takes between babies to come out. But, I think it's by c-section if I remember, right? So, they don't even bother letting you labor, then, correct?

Oh no! Not at home! I've been on hospital bedrest taking pills every two hours (or more) day and night for the last 9 weeks. :haha:

They will let me labor just enough to know we can't stop it. I still have a cerclage in and it will be a c section. Once they have me open it will only take about ten minutes to have them all out if all goes well.

Good luck WTB!

I just have a small travel bag, LO has her diaper bag. Not taking much, we live really close and the hospital provides a lot.

We plan to buy any extra clothes we need. Also, because most of the shops only sell stuff for that season during that season, it's kind of better to buy at the right time here :O

Good luck WTB - you've done so well making it this far so every day that goes past now is just a bonus :)

Phoebe's hospital bag arrived today, so can finally get it finished in the next couple of weeks :)

What is everyone bringing baby home in? I was just gonna bring her home in a sleepsuit, but I have this gorgeous little woolen dress with leggings .... is that silly bringing home a one day old baby home in that? :shrug:

Not silly at all, Charlie! I think it's precious :) How many times are you going to get to bring your only daughter home from the hospital? I say go all out and put her in the cutest outfit you can find :)

Think it just proves tho how amazing things have become, that they managed to stop ur labour for 9 whole weeks! Like that really is an amazing achievement, and anything from here on in, is just added bonus! Although I'd say u really can't wait to sleep in ur own bed again!

I got sent some American clothes for baby... My god they r smaller than newborn here! They look so cute... But tiny lol

Charlie I gotta look for summat neutral that's cute for coming home! Dress her up who cares she's ur baby :)

I'm thinking more about whether she'll be comfortable in leggings lol

MIL informed me tonight (as I dropped the boys off at hers) that she's taking a week off when Phoebe is born :shock: She said it's so she can have the boys for the week and we can just pop over during the day and then leave when it's their bedtime etc ...... now although at first I was like oh yeah that would be a great help! Now thinking about how OH only gets 2 weeks off (maybe only 10 days), and if she has them for 6-7 days is the remaining 3-7 days enough to settle them in whilst I have OH there for help? Plus, it gives her an excuse to see Phoebe every day .... which is what I think she REALLY wants. Would I be out of order if we ask her just to have them for a couple of nights - what would you do?

I say bring your miracle home in whatever you want to bring her home in!!! You've earned that right!

I was blessed with an amazing MIL, so I can't really relate, but I wouldn't think it'd be out of order to only ask her to watch the boys a few nights instead of an entire week if you think it will be better to have your whole family together during that time so you ALL learn how to adjust. Hopefully she won't be too offended or stir up any trouble, but I think it's a reasonable request.

I think it's a perfect request just for a few nights instead of a week. I want my DS home so we can all adjust together and so he doesn't feel like just because we have a new baby, we just want time with her and not him if that makes sense.

That would drive me crazy TBH!! I wouldn't want to see her everyday, especially if she is always going against your wishes.

Oh no! Not at home! I've been on hospital bedrest taking pills every two hours (or more) day and night for the last 9 weeks. :haha:

They will let me labor just enough to know we can't stop it. I still have a cerclage in and it will be a c section. Once they have me open it will only take about ten minutes to have them all out if all goes well.

Whoa, am I reading this right? You've been in the hospital on bed rest for 9 weeks? You poor thing!!!

WTB, keeping my fingers crossed for at least 34 weeks!

I think I'll skip my horrible yoga tonight (I wouldn't do that on Saturdays, no way!) because I'm just too tired. Might use some of that time to pack my hospital bags, then. Unless I just crash, which I might.

I just now realized that I updated my journal earlier today, but forgot to say anything here (got distracted at work, actually). We had a brief meeting with the doctor and everything is still fine. My BP is within normal/low range, they actually checked my iron when we did my glucose stuff and, somehow, I was well within the normal values. Whoa, as I've always been borderline to fully anemic. Neato. We had an ultrasound, too, and our little fat hippo is still head down, with very little room to flip. So I guess I hope he'll really stay this way. No weight/size estimates this time, because the doctor doesn't particularly like doing that on a bi-weekly basis. Next appointment is on the 15th, so we'll get into that then.

All in all... we're under no threat of early delivery and everything really looks good. And it's perfectly fine/ok for me to feel kind of like crap, said the doctor, haha. I mean, he just kept trying to remind me that it would really only get worse. Grr. Lol.

I think a few nights is acceptable too! Then tell her if u need help once oh is gone to work u won't feel as bad about asking for help!
I'm counting on oh to inform his family that I won't want them here constantly, but I have no problems telling them myself! Spec as when mil asks to go off she wants to be out for hours... With a newborn?? I don't think so lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->