November Due Dates (cont)

I've packed her outfit :p ot's halfway between cute and comfortable :D

36weeks today! In some people's book I'm full term O_O!

Passed my GTT!!!!!

They needed me to be under 8.5 and I was 7.4 - W00T!

Yay for the test, 1eighty!

The one-hour test is crap, anyway. The majority of people who fail that one have no glucose issues at all.

I packed nothing yesterday, I mostly just pretended I was a vegetable or something. Then I did my best to sleep and now I'm just as tired as I have been lately. Bleh.

Yay Sarah and 1eighty :happydance:

Only got up once last night to pee so I felt like I fianlly got some sleep.

Hi ladies! I still dont have internet at my new flat so not able to get on here much at the moment.. How is everyone?

Just a brief update from me.. Babys movements are still causing me a lot of pain! Had a midwife appt yesterday that confirmed baby is still breech and if she hasnt gone head down in two weeks i'll be sent for a positioning scan. Now although the position she's in now is soo uncomfortable for me.. knowing that i might get to see baby on a scan again is making it more bearable! Is it bad that i sort of hope she doesnt go head down in the next two weeks so i can see her again!?
Then after two weeks im going to try every tip possible to get her to go head down!

Im a bit annoyed at my midwife actually. So far ive had 5 midwife appts..one at 10 weeks, 16 weeks, 24 weeks, 30 weeks and yesterday at 34 weeks. My midwife wasnt there for my 16 week appt and she didnt come to yesterdays appt either, i had a lady id never met before instead. I appreciate midwifes are really busy but i feel like i never get to see mine compared to a lot of ladies on here. Im seeing her again in 2 weeks and I thought after that it would change to weekly appts but apparently they stay at every 2 weeks so im only probably going to have 2 more appointments before i give birth.
On top of that ive finally managed to book a birthing class but they can only offer me one and its not till the end of the month. I was expecting to get to go to a few :/ I feel like its all a bit shoddy really!

Anyway thats my rant over. I hope everyone is well! :flower:

36 weeks here Sarah's term.... Woohoo... Also kinda scary lol cause I'm mid nov yer my bench mark for omg it's getting close... So omg its getting close lol

Yay 1eighty! Go find a big choc cake lol

Ooh I went on a shopping spree lol have everything gotten for the hosp bags and there all packed and ready! Got baby a few lil neutral outfits too, and found a few nice neutral blankets :) woohoo mammy laughed at me doing it this early, but like I said least now anything happens I don't have to rely on anyone other than oh too grab the bag! My back is protesting tho and I've dinner on and not moving from the fire for the night lol

Wandering - the US ladies get the same Dr/midwife because they pay for it - ours is all NHS so you get who you're given really. It sucks but that's how it is :( We also don't get weekly appointments like they do either it is every 2 weeks unless your a first time mum who then gets to see her at 40 weeks and 41 weeks. I've had two different women for each appointment. One week it will be one midwife and then the next appointment it will be the other midwife. :hugs:

Well it is good to know you will have healthcare when you need it, but I'm sure the lack if choice can be extremely bothersome and/or upsetting. Military care over here is the closest thing I can compare to it, and sometimes that is frustrating if you get set up with a dr who doesn't care or listen.

Hi again ladies. I really need to start checking this everyday but for some reason since I finished work I've been super busy lol!

Wandering - I think I've only seen the same midwife 2 or 3 times, the rest have all been different people everytime. It's what you expect in the NHS and tbh none of them will be delivering my baby and so long as I know everything is going OK it doesn't really bother me, but I know it really frustrates some people.

1eighty - woo glad you passed your GTT.

I'm a bit freaked out that everyone seems to be so organised, I'm sitting here rather than sorting out hospital bags at the moment :s I'm very aware that this LO could arrive any where between 1 wk and 6wks from now and I have the occasional little panic over that thought! I've got her bag packed but not mine at the minute, I think I have everything I need for it but i need to charge the camera etc before I can completely pack a bag. I keep getting little bursts of energy and think I'll clean something, but then that fades very quickly and I still haven't cleaned - so no 'nesting' for me as yet lol. Is anyone else just not particularly motivated to clean and stuff? (I'm starting to worry it means I'm gonna go over by quite a way) Also I've had no brackston-hicks at all, which I know can be normal and some people don't get any but also kinda worried that means that I'll be really overdue.

Also has anyone been drinking raspberry leaf tea or doing perineal massage? I've heard about these a few months back and thought 'that would be a good idea' but again haven't really got round to it yet!

Hi ladies, so sorry I've been MIA for the last 2 days - life has been manic between work, NCT classes and wedding planning!!

The MW appointment went well thanks. Speckle is growing well (well too well for MW's likings) I am now measuring 38 weeks where I should be 35 weeks!! So this means another scan! I won't complain!! Just hope its before the consultant appointment next Thursday.
I asked about the whooping cough vaccine and she recommended I get it. Last night, DF did a bit of research into if it is really necessary and well lets just say that SE England has the highest numbers for this year so far, as well as the biggest rise in incidents esp for 0-4 months age group!!

Ok I really do need to get on with some school work. Just 1 week to go!! YAY but still so much to be done!!
Will try catch up on all the missed chit chat later tonight

My practice there are 4 OBs and a NP (nurse practitioner - she does everything except deliver babies). I can try to make appointments for specific ones if I want, but whoever is on call when baby comes is the one delivering her. So they recommend you see everyone at least once so you know who they are.

I had an appointment today. I like the OB I saw, though we were kept waiting for quite a while which I didn't care for. She was looking over my notes and mentioned that my OB I saw 2 weeks ago suggested getting and induction. After talking to her though, she agrees it's not necessary and just cautioned me to come in when I started to get consistent contractions. Before she talked to me she was going to suggest weekly NSTs, but decided that also wasn't necessary. Also got to hear LO's heartbeat for a while because she had just been really active and the OB had to wait for her heart rate to go down a bit.

So I'm totally normal, baby is normal, I go back in 2 weeks for the lovely GBS swab. I'm pretty sure this was my last appointment where I'll keep my pants on (LOL). After this next appointment, cervical checks begin.

Yay for good scan bookity!

Wandering have you tried ringing around other places for a birthing class? or maybe someone can do a private one?

Mrs Bertie, I just started by throwing a few things in the bag that I knew were going to stay there. It helped to break the procrastination :) Even just getting out the bag might end up making you put things in it :p. I now have a list of things to put in once I'm in labour, like pjs and nickers and clothes and things I still need now!

I'm drinking the tea, just 2-3 cups a day atm, I'll probably make up a pot tomorrow and try and drink some more as I'm not good at keeping on top of it :). I've done one perineal session (2 days ago). I should do it today but I'm a bit tired and my hands hurt :(

I've not yet started on the tea, or anything else. I have to admit I'm not yet sure I want to, either.

As for the healthcare, it's all about how it's organized. In Croatia, the system is similar to the UK's NHS (it's free, as in paid through taxes), but you get to choose everything. You choose your hospitals, doctors, whoever. And you always see the same provider. At the very end of your pregnancy (since that's what we're talking about), you choose which hospital you want to deliver at and then there will be just some doctor on call. That's where you no longer choose, unless you want to go with some private care, at a private hospital, where you pay in full.

We're having a quiet day here today. I'm not worried, because I feel him move, but there's no insanity as of yet. The hippo will probably go nuts again later in the afternoon and absolutely in the evening...

I do the tea (when I remember), but actually cannot reach to do the massage! I'm short waisted, and have to get DH to help me with shoes n socks at the moment. :/

My dad has just offered to do the 1200 mile round trip to collect our kitties. All we asked is if he'd put DH on his insurance and borrow the spare car for 2 days... he's retired and sees this as a cheaper option so we're not gonna complain! WE GET OUR KITTIES BACK IN 2 WEEKS!!!

Little dude has been feeling particularly heavy today, esp after dinner. I'm bent over like a lil old lady! He was quiet this morning but perked up after a milkshake. I'm keeping an eye on him though, after *that* thread.

Thanks for the congrats on passing the test - I was actually pretty convinced I'd fail it.

Doctor's appointment tomorrow, I think just a follow-up from my initial consult. She'll be quite disappointed, all my referrals don't start for another week and a half!

How do ye who work do it girls! I walked the town today (was walking for a good 1 and half hours tween shops etc and omg I can't move! My whole left side is locked, the only place I can sit for relief is the loo lol and take it to be the one time I'm feeling a tad bunged in that area, so it's like teasing me ha! Fraid to sleep in case I seize up in the bed!

I wish I could just walk all day, instead of sitting in this stupid chair at work.

And I have no idea how I do it anymore. All I know is that I hate every single moment of it. Ugh.

Yaaay 1eighty on passing your GTT :) and bet you're so happy getting your kitties back :) :)

SK - where in SE england are you? Does that include Essex :shock: I may ask about it next week after seeing the midwife and getting the flu jab ... would I need to get my OH to have it and the boys too? :shrug:

Phin - I have no idea how they do it either! I walked to town and back and town is literally across a main road outside my flat (There's a wall and some trees in front of it so can't hear/see it) and oh look hello town - it actually killed me for days! My hips/pelvis have NOT been the same since. How are you all still working?! You all need medals :)

Im a bit annoyed at my midwife actually. So far ive had 5 midwife appts..one at 10 weeks, 16 weeks, 24 weeks, 30 weeks and yesterday at 34 weeks. My midwife wasnt there for my 16 week appt and she didnt come to yesterdays appt either, i had a lady id never met before instead. I appreciate midwifes are really busy but i feel like i never get to see mine compared to a lot of ladies on here. Im seeing her again in 2 weeks and I thought after that it would change to weekly appts but apparently they stay at every 2 weeks so im only probably going to have 2 more appointments before i give birth.
On top of that ive finally managed to book a birthing class but they can only offer me one and its not till the end of the month. I was expecting to get to go to a few :/ I feel like its all a bit shoddy really!

Anyway thats my rant over. I hope everyone is well! :flower:

I've actually only met "my" midwife once! That was at 31 weeks I think. My last midwife appt was with one of the other community midwives at 34 weeks. I won't have another midwife appt until 38 weeks as I have a consultant appt at 36 so apparently that's instead of midwife. Then I think (hope) I'm supposed to see the midwife at 39, 40 and 41 weeks... but I might have to check that.

I know it kind of sucks, but at the end of the day, these aren't even going to be the midwives that deliver the baby. So either way, we're going to have to deal with a perfect stranger during one of the most evasive & personal experiences of our lives.... The community midwife will likely only visit once or twice before handing over to the health visitor anyway... and that's only if they don't get someone else to cover! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->