November Due Dates (cont)

lol they may be strangers during delivery but to me that's better than someone I've got to know over 40 weeks looking at my foof :haha: Plus, they're fully trained and know what they're doing - the ones I had delivering my babies were amazing!!! The one who delivered my second baby was actually a midwife I had met when having Stephen (well the day after) at my discharge from hospital who was trying to talk to me about contraception. We got in there and she recognised me (having been there 10 months previously) and said, "so I take it my talk about contraception didn't work then?" and hse laughed. :) I also had a student midwife there too and she was lovely. You're there for a while so manage to gain a proper relationship in those few hours than in the random 20 minutes you have with the community midwife you see. Well ... that was my experience :)

Working sucks. I stopped it last week. Though I'm supposed to be getting work done here at home, which comes in spurts. Today has been a lull.

Jaz, my LO is always more active at night. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :/

1eighty, yay on the glucose test!!

Mrs.Bertie, don't worry, I'm right there with ya. We have everything we need for baby but it's in piles and the place is a wreck. And here I sit. I really need to go do something. :/

Charlie - your boys probably got the whooping cough vacine as infants... but, if they didn't offer them then, then yes. You definitely want to have them vaccinated as well as your OH and anyone else who will be spending a lot of time around the baby.

As for working..... it's sooooo hard. It's hard to get up in the morning.... it's hard taking a shower.... hard sitting in my chair all day or walking to client sites.... it's just plain hard. Maternity should start at 8 months pregnant.

I have 5 days left to work... I'm soooo glad, it's properly tiring me out at the mo.

Yeah I'm hoping the labour midwives will be good, and yeah, I'd rather not have people I know looking at my foof...

I have 5 days left to work... I'm soooo glad, it's properly tiring me out at the mo.

Yeah I'm hoping the labour midwives will be good, and yeah, I'd rather not have people I know looking at my foof...

Eh, I don't know them. I mean, really, I see them for what, 10-20 minutes each appt? I'll likely not see any of them again after the birth, either, so just not too concerned about it. :kiss:

Like I've said before, once you go through all kinds of infertility diagnostics (we didn't even get as far as having an actual procedure, as I got the BFP a week or so prior to our first scheduled date)... you might as well end up not caring who looks at what. :lol:

Our baby's stuff is mostly all sorted and tucked away, but my own... ohgod.

I'm tired. Bleh. And I was going to be productive this evening.

...yeah, right.

35 weeks :happydance:

Baby is doing a number on my ribs tonight!! Mostly my pain is left sided but tonight it is both sides of my back and ribs. Feels like im wearing a corset!!

I woke up this morning and baby was in my ribs, I'm pretty sure her entire body was curled up in there! my lower belly was just all bellyness and there was some huge lumps just beside my ribs :O.

I don't really mind people looking at my foof tbh, idk why... I'm probably more worried about them seeing my cellulitey thighs :p.

My midwife is just for afterwards, she comes 8-10 times over 3 months and helps with things and makes sure we are breastfeeding well etc.

Charlie I'm the same I physically cannot move today! I felt brill while walking (well had pressure but sure that's nothing new) bit enjoyed my gander round the shops! Now? I wish I hadn't moved!
Ye do deserve medals girls cause I couldn't do that every day. Oh thought I was messing last night cause I kept bumping into things... Nope not messing just no balance to stop myself!

I'm starving omg! I'd eat DS ATM ha! Gonna cook a nice big brekkie and just sort clothes/ change sheets today. Cannot believe its fri already! This week flew!

Morning ladies,
OMG my hips hurt like never before!! I can't sit for more than a few minutes. Fortunately for me I'm teaching - last full day of teaching, but still a week left at work. At least today I will be able to sit, stand and walk around as I need.

I got my foetal growth scan date through last night - Monday at 4pm!! I will definitely be asking for a pic this time even if we have to pay for it!
Then Tuesday I'm seeing the nurse for the flu and WC jabs.
Then Thursday I'll be seeing the Consultant to talk about delivery.
A week packed with baby appointments!!!

Ok I am actually in the middle of doing a times table test with year 5 class I'm looking after for the week - This is what I call true multitasking!! haha
I had better get off here and get on with proper work for the day
Will catch up with everyone later
Have a good friday

Mrs - Thank you :) OH said he'd have it ... I really doubt the in laws will .... :dohh:

awww hope you're having fun SK! A week will fly by :)

Mommab - hope baby has moved for you!

Afm - It's Stephen's birthday today so we're just gonna go for some lunch - MIL has decided to take over and arrange everything and I cba to fight back. Just don't have the energy. I'm not really in a good mood anyways - we saved to buy Stephen some presents (not a lot but stuff he would love) and my youngest has decided to try and break and destroy everything. That with added hormones has made me a moody tearful wreck.

Awhh Charlie :( ur poor lil man! I hope he didn't break them, I'd be really upset too tbh! Hope the day gets better for ye :hugs:

I sure hope the week flies by. It's only 1pm and I'm soooo ready for a snooze!! I still have till at least 3:15pm before I can think of going home.

My hips and bump hurt sooo much at the mo. I just want my big ball!!
Sorry for the moan, but really don't want to be at work right now.

ugh! So i keep reading horror induction stories in 3rd tri.
I always assumed an induction was a good thing and it got things moving along faster in the right direction.
Now its just something to add to my terrified list.
As a FTM.. i just hope my body does what its supposed to without interference. PLEASE!!! :(

Destyni I was induced on DS, they tried break my waters, nothing, put in the gel twice, nada, that night after pacing the floor for hours (couldn't get comfy) I heard a pop, stood up and my waters went! That was at 11.35, DS was born at 02.15. Only complication was the hr monitor kept loosing trace, so a nurse stood holding it, and the dr had to help his head out cause I've a curve in my cervix (neither of these bothered me, I just member it happening!). I did wee on the dr (his own fault he had his hand up me, and pushed on my belly!) and I did tear, but nothing that I was crippled, just a med tear!

My point being, not everything bout inductions is scary, there are positive ones too. If I was told I had to be induced again, I wouldn't mind (I WON'T BE THO CAUSE BABY WILL BE HERE BEFORE 40 weeks lol). I also did it at 15 with only gas and air at the stitches time.

Not trying to sound like a martyr, just that it can be done just stay thinking positive!

Sk hope u get home soon!

I'm a bit too excited about the number of girls that I recognise who are going into labour! It's gonna be us soooooonnnn!!!!

And I've just scheduled the delivery for my pram & car seat! 18th October is going to be like Christmas, I've got the cot, mattress, monitor & the rest of our list coming that day too... and then I have to get my flu & whooping cough vaccine on the same day... Oh well!

I've seen a lot of negative induction stories too. Part of the reason when my OB suggested I think about getting one, I immediately was like "I don't think so." If there was a valid medical reason for it that would be fine. But just because he thought my labor last time was "fast"... I don't think so. Besides who ever called 11/12 hrs (7 of which were spent in the hospital) of labor fast?

I hear too much about induction leading to c-sections.

I'll agree with that... a lot of inductions lead to c-sections. I hope all goes well and I don't need a c-section or induction, but if I'm way over due I don't think I'll be counting any of my options out at that point. I just have a gut feeling this baby wants to be born in December....

I find it fascinating that a lot of ladies hear an actual "pop" when their water breaks. I'm sooooo curious about how it will all go (I've researched, but reading and doing are so completely different).

I do find that interesting too WTB. I had AROM and I don't remember hearing a pop, but I was pretty tired and contracting at that point ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->