November Due Dates (cont)

Mrs - Thank you :) OH said he'd have it ... I really doubt the in laws will .... :dohh:

awww hope you're having fun SK! A week will fly by :)

Mommab - hope baby has moved for you!

Afm - It's Stephen's birthday today so we're just gonna go for some lunch - MIL has decided to take over and arrange everything and I cba to fight back. Just don't have the energy. I'm not really in a good mood anyways - we saved to buy Stephen some presents (not a lot but stuff he would love) and my youngest has decided to try and break and destroy everything. That with added hormones has made me a moody tearful wreck.

Best part of this... I'm an American who has never been to the UK and for all the time on this site, though I have never encountered the acronym, I was able to decipher 'cba'. lmao!!! :haha:

Hope he has a lovely birthday. I can't believe that every year now I'll finally get to throw this baby a birthday party. That makes me happy. :)

Yesterday we took the car seat to the Fire Department to make sure it was installed correctly (it was!) and I did another big load of baby clothes. I'm working on organizing them into 0-3, 3-6, 6-12, and 1+ but it's hard because the sizes are SO different! We also got another wall of the baby's room painted, but had to stop because we had friends coming over to watch the football game.

Oh, this reminds me. I guess I could call the public health services, or whoever else does the installs and checkups (the list is, apparently, very long) and get the carseat done, finally. I don't want to be caught off guard, there. Other things are pretty minor compared to this.

Induction... I am strongly against, unless there are serious medical reasons. Luckily, my doctor really dislikes it and avoids it (and we seem to be ont he same page when it comes to the medical emergency/reason parts). I already told him that, in case things are not progressing the right direction (which to me doesn't mean - uhoh, it's been 45 minutes and you're still not fully dilated omg omg omg!!!), I would prefer a C-section to being induced, drugged up my butt (as well as the baby's), and then cut open after some hours of struggle. I'd rather just be cut right away, to save everyone some trouble (with the baby being the first one on the list, because there is nothing at all pleasant about having your tiny head slammed against closed uterine neck and pelvic bones, with pitocin doing its work, while your body doesn't obviously cooperate).

So we'll see. He's willing to let me go to up about 42 weeks without induction chatter, unless there are issues. So far, we've had none, except for maybe the little guy's size, but it's still way too early to tell.

I can tell you all first hand that was the case with me. I was induced...early....labored 15 hours....pushed for 3..... vaccum assitance....baby was stuck went into distress.....c-section was the end result! I was pissed to do all that work and then have to be cut open.

However on the flip side 4 of my friends recently had inductions and had there baby within 6 hours :growlmad: I should be happy for them, but pfft I was mad that my body didnt do that! So it can really go either way.

Yeah, it's crappy that you have no idea how it'll go until it happens. If I go to 41 weeks I'll schedule an induction before I hit 42 weeks. It's just my preference after reading about other possible complications with baby staying in longer. Honestly, though, the odds are with us that we'll go before that so I'm just not going to worry about it at this stage. After I'm over 40 weeks I'll start with the worrying.

If healing from a C-sect weren't so difficult I'd opt for that over the induction, but I don't think they just give away c-sects anyhow. It'd only be if they believed baby was too big, but seeing as they don't do any ultrasounds really they'd never know. :/

I want to hear a pop! hehe!

It might be naïve, but I expect I'll have no problems with the baby fitting out my hips. I'm hypermobile and have wide hips... I could probably pass a bowling ball...!
But if she's breech or anything, there isn't much we can do :( just have to see how it goes on the day.
The midwife who did my acupuncture said that I was calm because It was my first, I didn't know what I was getting! HELPFUL MUCH??? great idea to try and psych me out...

5 days till my next baby measurements :) lets see if she's going to be a whopper or not!

I think my hips are pretty wide, too, Sarah. I'm not too worried about baby not fitting, but induction can cause a lot of stress on baby and that's mostly what I'd be worried for. If the baby becomes distress, it's off to surgery you go. Induction when you're not favorable can definitely cause that from what I've read.

Oh, I want baby measurements!! :(

UK ladies. Would I be right in assuming inductions are only done in hospitals and not in birth centres? I'm meeting my midwife on Monday to write my birth plan so I'm trying to work out my most of my plan this weekend and what questions I still have before I meet her. I'm planning to go to try early labour at home with my TENS machine followed by the birth centre for a natural water birth with the option of G&A. But I want to have a back up plan for what I'll do if for some reason the birth centre can't deal with me or I can't cope with things naturally, that way I won't be too disappointed if things have to change on the day(s). I'm thinking that if I have to go to hospital I'd really rather avoid an epidural and pethidine, as the side-effects don't seem worth it to me, and have PC:Remifentanil as my next pain option after G&A.

Really hoping to avoid an induction, but won't worry about that until 40+ weeks. Right now just hoping she stays put until 40 weeks!

Yeah, that's why I want to do it without pain relief/induction/C-section. I want what is best for her :(. I'd LOVE to have a pain free birth!!! I don't care about proving it to myself that I'm strong or w/e, I just want baby safe, out and in best condition she can be. But If I have to take something/do something, I'm not going to beat myself up about it, or least I'll try not to :(

Another reason I wanted to avoid epidural is when I hear about stories of epis only taking on one side, some people have said that is really scary and still super painful (obviously). Also, I know my friend had to get a catheter because she wasn't able to pee. Full bladders inhibit baby moving down I think. It's definitely not the worst thing that can happen though. I'm definitely not above an epidural if I feel like the pain is too much. I just keep hoping and praying for a labor like my first.

I member boasting to every one I had heard a pop lol it's the only thing I wanted to hear in my labour lol was kinda cool tho cause I was sitting down and heard it, and just knew so I stood up and it flowed lol but this is a fear of mine... How do I know I'm in labour without my waters popping like last time ha! I hope they go first again!

Just made myself chicken curry... It's the first meal I've wanted in weeks and I actually ate it... Woohoo lol

My biggest fear right now is that my water will break at work! I work with a bunch of men, so I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue after something like that... you know how awkward men can be about that sort of thing...

I'm not worried about any of those supposedly awkward/embarassing things. I don't even care, at all, about pooping during delivery either. It's just the idea of puking that keeps frightening me, but I guess I still have time to somehow learn to deal with the possibility.

I'm afraid of epidural (as well as the spinal tap) because I can't imagine what it feels like to be conscious, yet paralyzed. I fully understand that I won't have control during labour, for the most part (your body does; not your mind), but I need to be able to move my legs and just know that if I had to, I would be able to run away. I suppose it's some primal instinct in me that's making me feel this way.

What bothers me about epidurals is that they are associated with more tears, a higher incidence of episiotomy and greater numbers of stitches. They can also be associated with long term back problems. To me it seems like a case of kicking the can down the road in terms of pain, less during labour in exchange for more during recovery. I'm not sure that's a good trade, tbh.

I had an episiotomy without epidural!! I think I just pushed DD out too freakin' fast. If I can help it I think I'll try to let this one come out a wee slower, LOL. Definitely going to be doing perineal massage (starting very soon).

Did my second perineal massage today, still weird... not sure I'm actually achieving anything, but I guess it can't hurt :) (unless I actually hurt myself...)

Lol Always thought it would be like on TV/films where the water would just break like that - but the majority of waters actually break in hospital! Mine popped with Stephen but with Henry they had to break them because we just weren't progressing - was stuck at 5cms. She broke my waters at half 3, pethidine at 3.45pm and he was born by 4pm so it definitely worked :haha:

I'm not worried about any of those supposedly awkward/embarassing things. I don't even care, at all, about pooping during delivery either. It's just the idea of puking that keeps frightening me, but I guess I still have time to somehow learn to deal with the possibility.

I'm afraid of epidural (as well as the spinal tap) because I can't imagine what it feels like to be conscious, yet paralyzed. I fully understand that I won't have control during labour, for the most part (your body does; not your mind), but I need to be able to move my legs and just know that if I had to, I would be able to run away. I suppose it's some primal instinct in me that's making me feel this way.

Jaz, we are one on the epidural concern. I have had nightmares where I was paralyzed, it's horrid. I'd not volunteer for that. I think I'll be refusing this regardless of pain levels.

But, I am not okay with pooping. I know it may happen. I really hope I have a good clearout beforehand. I hate puking, but the thought of pooping while someone is down there stresses me out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->