November Due Dates (cont)

For labour I have the ugliest long nightgown (ok not long to my toes but my knee lol) and after I have cosy warm jammies that say keep calm lol

I've oh warned he has to go get baby a nice going home outfit once it's born lol I have a lil jeans a t shirt with the tigger car suit but if its a girl I want summat pretty lol

Gotta say Sarah I don't like the I pad's... But it took me like till the iPhone4s came out to like them either, and now I couldn't live without mine! Also r u getting bh with ur hot flashes? Girl I know gets really bad hot flashes with bh! I love the lil bit if a chill I can feel now! Way better than the sweat rolling outta me!

I have an ugly nightie for labour too :)

And I havent noticed that I have BH at the same time, i'll think about it next one I get. :p

We're going to hell! Just before we moved to Wales we had dinner with my husband's family and his sister said that if we were going to call our baby a weird name we should let them know soon, so they would have time to come to grips with it. We got the impression that his sister might have been asked by my m-i-l to bring this up. My m-i-l clearly thinks some of our parenting plans are very odd (cloth nappies, co-sleeping crib, etc) and we figured that she's also worried we'll choose an 'alternative' name too.

In actuality we've settled on quite a classic name, Samuel, with my f-i-l's name as the middle name which we suspect they will approve of. But my husband was a bit annoyed that his family have this idea that we're off the wall and last night when his mum 'casually' asked if we'd settled on a name he told her we'd chosen Spike. Explaining that he was honouring his favourite poet Spike Milligan and his favourite vampire from Buffy.

His poor mother was beside herself. She kept insisting we couldn't call the baby that. My husband told her that he thought it went well with our dogs' names and would be good for security as when we're in the park calling out "Toby, Dougal, Spike," nobody would know which one was the baby's name. His mother then suggested we call the baby Dougal instead, which my husband had to explain would be extremely confusing for our dog who has been called Dougal all his life. I had to leave the room at that as I was in hysterics.

In the end she pleaded with us not to call him that as she couldn't possibly go to her friends and tell them we'd called the baby Spike! (Tbh, even though it was funny I was a tiny bit annoyed at that as if we did want to call the baby Spike who cares what her friends think?) My husband did not put her out of her misery and she still thinks we're set on Spike. As we signed off she didn't realise her mike was still on and we could hear her lamenting to my f-i-l at the stupidity of her future grandson's name.

Omg, I just died laughing, Springer!

I do agree, though. Who cares if her friends like Spike, or any other name. Hell, who cares if she does, either. :/

It's 6:45 here and I've been up for about 30 minutes. This is getting annoying, I have to admit. It's also cold and whatnot. My husband and his parents plan to go visit his grandparents today afternoon, but I think I'll opt out and do nothing most of the day. Actually, I can't really imagine the doing nothing part, unfortunately. My hospital bag still needs to be packed and there are some baby things I need to clean/fold/put away. Haven't decided on that first outfit, either. As for my birthing gown, I'll probably just wear the hospital crap. That way, they get to deal with my mess, really.

Springer that's hilarious... But I think well deserved lol she won't bitch now when ye do tell her the name shell be so relieved lol tbh she should have more manners than to make bitchy comments lol well done to ur oh for winding her up!

I love it Springer!!
I was pissed at my In-laws, we told them the names we were deciding between, and one of them they latched onto and kept saying that is wasn't a nice name. It was Holly, they just haven't heard it before in Germany... I don't care what they think at all!! It pisses me off that they think they have a say... Not to mention it's probably my favourite and F THEM!

Springer, that is hilarious. Of course now she will probably brag after birth that SHE single handedly saved her future grandson from torment. :haha:

Classic!

I love it Springer :rofl: Serves her right!!

SarhD my MIL was the same way. Although we were NOT going to tell people the name OH being the mommas boy he is told her we liked Morgan. She had this taken back look on her face and replied....for a girl? Yes for a girl!! She didnt care for it because OH's brothers best friends named Morgan and he is a boy :dohh: Like a give a F* what she thinks its my baby!

Oh course we have told everyone the name now since OH has a big mouth.

That's hilarious, I agree I'd be pissed at her reaction, I always think about our mothers and mother in laws, they've had their kids, named them what they wanted, brought them up how they wanted, now it's our turn! X

I do think though it's unfair to call you kid something too weird. I mean obviously calling it F***face or something is means for stating your opinion. But if it's a name and within the realms of some kind of rationality then just let them do whatever!

And Boys and girls names have been switching sides since the beginning of names!

To be fair my mother in law is generally really lovely. She just wears her heart on her sleeve, which can make her appear tactless (like when she told me I needed to exercise as I was turning into a very big lady when I was 6 and a half months pregnant) though she never means anything bad by it. She just doesn't get a lot of the ways we live and many of her friends are seriously snobby and probably would give her a hard time if we called the baby anything too unusual.

WTB, I suspect you are exactly right. When we tell her the baby's real name she will absolutely be convinced she talked us around but that's ok. Last night was too funny to have missed out on. I think my f-i-l could tell we were joking though, he laughed through most of the conversation.

We have told everyone we are keeping the baby's names a surprise for when she's born. I think it's nice that there will be a surprise for everyone and it will avoid any negative comments from my mum. I thought she would be a nightmare over not knowing the name but she's actually been pretty good. She keeps saying it's nice to have a surprise and that it's good we have a shortlist of names we like because the main thing is that we have to be happy with it.

Springer, I thought your FIL might have known but I wasnt sure :) It seemed more like he was making fun!

UK ladies. Would I be right in assuming inductions are only done in hospitals and not in birth centres.

Yeah they only do induction in hospital, because they are kick starting things it can be more stressful for baby so there is a slightly higher chance of needing intervention . Also you usually need continuous monitoring if being induced.

Springer - :rofl: just loved that!!! I have been tempted to say that my LO's name will be Ethel or something equally hideous - no offense intended if someone likes that name!
My mother keeps asking if we have decided on her name and I keep saying no and even if we had we are not saying a thing till she is born.

I have bought 2 nighties for the birth and hospital bags. Really hoping I won't need the birthing one as I am hoping for a water birth - have packed my tankini in for that.

We refuse to tell anyone any names we like! I have mil constantly saying its a girl and her name will be Megan or sinead... Ahem girl or no girl it will NOT be Megan or sinead! Personally I think there only ok names... Nice on some one else! I just don't want baby's name to be after some one else as its first name! Middle name yup no bother but not first!
I have an uncle called skippy and he asked us to name bump after him lol I just giggled like crazy ha!

Anyone's boobs killing them? I feel like oh bit them for an hour! There so frikking sore!

Skippy - :rofl: hhmm not sure I would be happy calling my bump Skippy! Sounds like anothe dogs name :haha:

My boobies just get a bit itchy from time to time. Not really sore. Boobies were really sore in the first tri, but fine at the mo, FXed

Ive kept my names quiet from my friends and family, OH has told his friends an family. In not too bothered about their opinion anyways so that's ok :haha:

I'm not really a booby sore kind of a person :/ I guess I'm in for a treat when the milk and cracked nipples come :)

Skippy jr... Thank god he's not my oh lol

Sarah I'm jealous! They r seriously killing today! And unless oh was at them in his sleep, they've been off bounds to him for the last while! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->