November Due Dates (cont)

We're going to hell! Just before we moved to Wales we had dinner with my husband's family and his sister said that if we were going to call our baby a weird name we should let them know soon, so they would have time to come to grips with it. We got the impression that his sister might have been asked by my m-i-l to bring this up. My m-i-l clearly thinks some of our parenting plans are very odd (cloth nappies, co-sleeping crib, etc) and we figured that she's also worried we'll choose an 'alternative' name too.

In actuality we've settled on quite a classic name, Samuel, with my f-i-l's name as the middle name which we suspect they will approve of. But my husband was a bit annoyed that his family have this idea that we're off the wall and last night when his mum 'casually' asked if we'd settled on a name he told her we'd chosen Spike. Explaining that he was honouring his favourite poet Spike Milligan and his favourite vampire from Buffy.

His poor mother was beside herself. She kept insisting we couldn't call the baby that. My husband told her that he thought it went well with our dogs' names and would be good for security as when we're in the park calling out "Toby, Dougal, Spike," nobody would know which one was the baby's name. His mother then suggested we call the baby Dougal instead, which my husband had to explain would be extremely confusing for our dog who has been called Dougal all his life. I had to leave the room at that as I was in hysterics.

In the end she pleaded with us not to call him that as she couldn't possibly go to her friends and tell them we'd called the baby Spike! (Tbh, even though it was funny I was a tiny bit annoyed at that as if we did want to call the baby Spike who cares what her friends think?) My husband did not put her out of her misery and she still thinks we're set on Spike. As we signed off she didn't realise her mike was still on and we could hear her lamenting to my f-i-l at the stupidity of her future grandson's name.

LMAO!!! Best. Post. EVER!!!

Done so much today...

Was spurred on by the must-not-look-at-internet-or-news-til-after-f1-highlights feeling... totally wasted tbh, Alonso went out in the first lap, bloody Kimi clipped his wheel, puncture, spin, out. Vettel and his bloody FINGER! GAH! Anyway... we were in my little brother's old room, it needs some work doing to it as there's damp come through the gable end wall... the wall has been fixed, we're just waiting for the inside to dry out so it can be repaired (estimating January for that). Same thing had to happen in my old room/our room. But got in there, set up the day bed as we have a visitor in just over a week, hoovered, moved furniture (I supervised), rolled up the rug, more hoovering.... hoovered the couch, as it was covered in cat hair :p sprayed it with Frebreze Allergen stuff and covered with a large sheet and the knitted blanket I made and finished in Zim. After a wee break, moved the couch into place, unrolled the rug, moved the TV on top of a 3/4 wardrobe unit, moved the pieces of the cot-bed from our room to that room, put hanging baby stuff (outdoor jackets and growbags) into the unit as well as baskets of "older" clothing we won't need access to for approx 6 months... yet MORE hoovering... and in our room, pulled in a dressing table and chest of drawers, got a smaller TV set up on top, small baby things in the drawers, moved baby gym and bouncy seat thru to other room... clearing out and having the room be more ours again. Moses basket will live at the end of the room until required, shelves will get stocked appropriately with nappies, creams, lotions and potions... Once our visitor has departed there will be a slight shift around, build the cot and move it into place, cover with a sheet for dust etc.

Really, all we need is nappies and we are good to go! My dad got us a baby carrier (though I still want a sling for myself, DH has been coveting a carrier!) and that was just about the last thing on the list apart from consumables (toiletries etc).

Oh, and we got stuff moved up into the loft and there are things in the garage that we'll be cleaning up to come into either our room or his room, it's all been quite productive!

Got some girlies visiting tomorrow from my days as a website moderator, will raid the cupboards for something nice for them, might even be able to make something if given enough energy!

Lil dude has been POINTY today. Limbs everywhere!

re: what to wear during labour... I'm planning on a water birth too, have an ancient tank top with support shelf and gonna use one of my bump bands as a miniskirt for in the pool :p no-one needs to see my spotty arse, really.

Springer: bloody genius :p

Still need to do laundry and pack a hospital bag (definitely going with the little suitcase, and packing lil dude's changing bag with nappies, wipes etc).

We seem to be quite lucky with names, no-one has openly objected to any of our choices. If they had, they'd have got a mouthful from me because it's just not their place to comment on the names we have carefully chosen for our baby. We're telling people here and there but won't "publish" it until he's born and proven to be a "he"!

Phin - the "girls" aren't sore, but have been itchier these past few days. Not noticeably bigger, but probably best to get with the moisturiser juuuust in case. SD - also dreading cracked and bleeding nipples! Mine are so damn tiny I think I'll have to use shields though, which may save me.

Think that about covers things :p

Oh, and I've had to start wearing my wedding ring on a necklace :(

Really, all we need is nappies and we are good to go! My dad got us a baby carrier (though I still want a sling for myself, DH has been coveting a carrier!) and that was just about the last thing on the list apart from consumables (toiletries etc).

Hehe good post! You got a lot done!

We're the same, DH has a carrier and I have a wrap :)

re: what to wear during labour... I'm planning on a water birth too, have an ancient tank top with support shelf and gonna use one of my bump bands as a miniskirt for in the pool no-one needs to see my spotty arse, really.

This is genius, I have just today ordered myself a swim skirt, could have saved myself some pennies!!

1eighty - I landed up sleeping till about 7:30 so missed all the starting action this morning!!
Crickey you were busy today!! Feeling tired just reading what you got up to today! All we did was walk around 2 wedding shows and tesco's and that was home by 2:30pm. Unpacked the shopping and sorted out all the leaflets from the shows. Got a load of washing that's waiting to by hung up. Oh and don't forget sorting the underwear.
Maybe I've been just as busy? Not feeling too bad for being so busy.
I'm about to join you on wearing my rings on a necklace or just not wearing them at all.

Anyone else having really strange dreams?
The other night I dreamed I was in a shower and gave birth to a boy. I'm definitely having a girl!
Last night I dreamed it was my wedding day and DF arrived at the venue (different to the hotel we've booked), I told him I was just going to get my dress on and will be down in a few minutes. Got upstairs and had my mother helping me to get into my dress. She tried to do up the laces on the back but proceeded to undo them instead of just pulling them tighter. I got really cross with her and told her to get out of the room!
Really strange dreams!!!

Ladies .... I really can't remember what you have been chatting about - there was like 6 pages ... the only one I can remember was Springer's post about the name and I was literally :rofl: !! So what if you wanna call your baby Spike lol!!!

Urm what to wear in labour? I'm going to do what I did the last two times - a strappy long maternity vest top thing and the sheet around my foof .... too much hassle pulling up and down trousers :haha:

Spent too long chuckling over "Spike" today, so didn't manage to get everything I'd planned done. I did sort out all of the baby's things that still need washing, like his bedding, towels and the cardigan my mum knit him. But I was way too tired to stay up, so I got them into the machine but I won't turn it on until tomorrow. Once they are all washed and dried I can pack the bags.

But we did put the co-sleeper together and the height set. It's back out in the hall now as getting in and out of the bed is enough of a struggle as it is.
https://i48.tinypic.com/301lvgg.jpg

Lovely! and your house looks so nice!! Love the window and the lake... (or is it the sea??). I miss the ocean so much, I've never lived further than 20kms from the sea before now... And my doggies, springer, I'm just jealous ok!?

aww it fits in perfectly!! And was going to say the same as SD about the view! :)

Thanks guys. The house is just temporary while my husband is on contract in Wales but it is the sea outside. It's a tall thin house, built into a cliff, so all the rooms except the bathrooms overlook the bay and the back garden is accessed by climbing stairs from the top floor so the best view is from up there. Of course the drawback is that I have to climb stairs for everything (4 stairways altogether) so I've developed a tendency to spend most of the day in our bedroom on the top floor with the dogs so I can let them out the back without an epic climb. It's a lovely house, though my husband keeps on apologising to me when he sees me huffing and puffing up the stairs (our house in Dublin is a bungalow). He feels terrible that we had to come over here for his work right as I was due but the work situation in Ireland is truly awful, so it's not as if it's his fault. We'd both loved to have stayed home but at least we have some place really nice to live while we're away.

I'm meeting my midwife in an hour to go over my birthplan. I'm a bit nervous about it as I have a lot of choices to make. My heart really, really wants to go to the birth centre as it's so lovely and comfortable but there is a part of me that's terrified something will go wrong and I should go to one of the hospitals to be safest. But they are so busy and utilitarian feeling compared to the birth centre, I know that our first hours/day with the baby will be extra special at the birth centre. As well as that at home I had no option other than hospital birth and being able to choose a homey environment to give birth in will, I suspect, go a long way to make up for not having any family here.

Oh, and I hope I don't have to do a pee test at the midwife's. I just had two pan au chocolait for breakfast with a sugary (fake) latte. I have more sugar in me than an oompa loompa.

Awh springer sorry ye had to leave here, I know we r lucky, in all the time since recession hit here in Ireland, oh's only been put on 3 days once for a month! He has changed employers once since tho but that was to take a full time position. I know we've been luckier (touch wood) than a lotta ppl and I thank god we've been able to keep a float!
Will ye be there for the foreseeable future?

If the mw asks, u were feeling a bit faint lol

Bah, another workday. I really wish I could just start my maternity leave instead. :(

A girl from town, a friend's friend, actually, had her baby yesterday. The only way I bring it up or even care much about it (I've seen the girl herself perhaps just a few times, etc.) is because her due date was on Halloween. Her water broke on its own yesterday morning and that was it. Another C-section, of course.

Well, I hope that's nothing similar to what my story will be.

I have no issues with painful boobs anymore, but I think I paid my dues earlier in pregnancy, especially with the mild case of mastitis I managed to develop back then, too. I think they've grown a bit again, though.

One thing I completely don't understand is that my wedding ring now fits better on my middle finger, than the one I normally wear it on. Weird, for sure, especially now when I'm starting to notice some fluid building up in my feet after 9 hours of sitting. I'm not really swelling up (yet?), but it's getting more uncomfortable and my legs just end up feeling, hm, fuller.

Im officially freaking out!!!!! That could be me next week!!! Congrats to those having there babies!!!

Here we all were thinking WTB would be the earliest with us following a few weeks later! Crazy! I keep saying I want him early (but safe) but yet Im not actually ready ready lol! I know tho oh would run round picking up my last lil bits, but wow it's still crazy! I can take until my dd but I really don't wanna be late again!

Hahahahha. Well get your game faces on gals. I've been told the 15th is the furthest I will go, though that could change if my dr changes her mind. Of course the girls gave me my typical Sunday night run for my money.

WTB im so excited for you!!!! I cant wait to see pics of those sweet little girls faces!!! Only one week!! :happydance: (if they don't decide to suprise you sooner)

I definitely think WTB is next... Unless someone (at 36 weeks or more, lol) wants to prove me wrong!

I'd love my little madame to turn up in the next couple of weeks but only if she is ready! :) I am getting a bit worried about her though because her movements have dramatically decreased - my usual diet coke is NOT working anymore :( I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so hopefully she can put my mind at rest and tell me it's just less room? Or I may ask MIL when she comes over with Stephen's new goldfish if she thinks a phonecall to the hospital is in order :shrug:

WTB - eeeek they'll surprise you on the 14th (next Sunday) ... they seem to like that day :haha:

It's actually so exciting you ladies are starting to pop!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->