November Due Dates (cont)

Read someone's that was it just today and they were predicted a 9lber and got a 7 lb 8.5 oz baby. Don't worry too much about it SK!

Hey ladies,

Wow i've been off here a day and soo much happens!!

First off, Congrats Coleey!! Just had a nose at your journal, your daughter is beautiful!!

I was just saying to my OH before i came on here that i'm now glad i have EVERYTHING for mine and babies hospital bags, just in case. Then i read that we have started popping our babies out already, how scary!!

I literally haven't stopped today, been in the city since early morning getting the last baby bits i need and paid off the last of our cot which is being delivered the 25th :)
I'm certainly paying for it now though, the bottom of my bump feels like its stretching? I have lower back pain and my legs ache...to top it off i have my antenatal class in an hour!

xx

I really haven't cried in a long while which is unusual for me. I did get pissy with DH last night, but I don't know if that was really a hormone thing.

I want DD to start sleeping in her crib and he is UBER paranoid that someone will break into our house in the middle of the night and kidnap her. I'm not saying this NEVER happens, but the unlikelihood of it is pretty substantial! He wants to sleep in a cot in her room if we move her in there. So I told him I might as well be the one sleeping on the cot because if she wakes up crying in the middle of the night it's me who's going to have to deal with her because he never does! Not that I want to be 9 months pregnant and sleeping on a cot.

I love that DH cares so much about protecting his family, but I think he takes it too far sometimes.

That is very sweet, but it does seem like an overreaction. Couldn't you get a monitor for her room so you'd hear if she was upset or if there was an intruder?
I know these things do happen, but they're pretty rare, right?

We have one. Though it gets annoying because it sometimes beeps like if the other unit was disconnected (there's an alarm if the unit in the nursery is unplugged or turned off), but it hasn't been. I don't know if I need to change the frequency or just buy a better monitor?

We had her in her room for about a month before summer heat hit and I thought DH was okay being separated. He talked about getting a cot then too, but never did.

DH has some OCD tendencies (he has said so himself), but he's never been diagnosed or anything. He doesn't think he needs to see someone about it and I'm hesitant to bring it up. Once or twice he's mentioned knowing he's paranoid, but when I asked if he thought he needed to talk to someone about it he refused. :( His dad was just telling him the other day that he needs counciling because he has recently decided he never wants to eat out or have fast food again because he fears people's unwashed hands, or chapped hands contaminating his food. It's frustrating, but I don't know what to do about it. it does seem like it's gotten worse though in the 7 years we've been together (especially since DD was born).

Lucy, I just noticed your name choice for your little girl. My niece's name is Scarlett Fay! :O) Not my style name, but it is lovely!

Oh Bookity, I don't know what to do with him/her :( Maybe he'll consider going to see some after his dad has been going for a while?

I'm sorry, my post might have been confusing. DH is the one who won't go out to eat. His dad was just like "You need counciling, there's something wrong with you!"

Congrats to Coleey!!

I just popped onto FB to see if I could find the pics and also saw that one of our NCT couples had their baby today - just 3 days early! I'm sooo jealous! I want to have my baby now too! :haha:

Haha yeah, I was confused :blush:, well maybe with family support he'll consider it?

Oh bookity well done on ur patience! If my oh was like that I'd end up shouting at him! I personally would say ok ul sleep in her room but for x amount if time. That once she's settled etc then u gotta break the cycle of being in with her! Like what happens when bump comes? I would try encourage the councelling tho before it gets too big in his head and become a big prob!

Lucy I've that when walking but I think it feels more like baby's after pushing bum and all down to the bottom of my bump, and is stretching the space to the max!

I just had the hardest bh in the shower ever.. Had to open the shower door to get air in at me! Quiet a weird experience ha!

Wow Phineas, I don't get them like that. I almost feel like I'll never go into labour because everyone else seems to "further" along that me! :O

SD - I so know what you mean - most of my friends and NCT class friends are further along than me! I want my baby now!

Bookity, that's a tough one, but I'd imagine it'll be difficult having her in your room once baby arrives. It might be worth him seeing someone though. It's natural to feel protective of your LOs, but I guess there needs to be a balance before it turns to paranoia. (I'm a bit worried that I'll be over the top with our LO.)

Is your daughters room far from yours? We only have a small flat, so LO will be next door to us when they move into their room.

It was only the one unfortunately Sarah lol the heat prob didn't help either! Boo :(

A quick question for those 2nd, 3rd, etc, time ladies.
I bought another pack of maternity sanitary pads yesterday. Just wondering how many maternity pads I will need before I can start using normal sanitary pads again?

Where I am at they provide them in the hospital and send you home with a ton of them. Usually I use the maternity ones for the first 5 days or so, then I am just using regular ones. Just depends on the individual though for sure. Some women barely have any bleeding 2 days post, others bleed a lot for 2 or 3 weeks. I'd have a couple packs on hand, just in case, but you may not need them all:) I myself bought 2 packs of heavy flow overnights, and 2 packs of the kind I use during my normal period. We will see how things go. If I need something different I'll just send DH out after them :haha:

Ugh, SO has just announced to me that he thinks we need to spray the house/yard for fleas again. We have two big dogs, and had to have a special spray of the house this summer BEYOND what he normally does because of the drought where we live (it made it a really bad year for fleas). He just texted me to say that I am going to have to wash EVERY item of clothing in the house afterwards (just finished washing and organizing all baby's clothes, of course) and then vaccuum 2x a day for 2 weeks.

I haven't seen ANY fleas inside so I don't know what brought this on, but the prospect of washing every item of clothing and bedding in the house does not fill me with excitement, but I guess I can't fault him wanting to make sure there's not a single flea in the house.

Bookity - I dunno how you keep so patient! I would be the same as Phin. Have you approached him on the subjecT?

A quick question for those 2nd, 3rd, etc, time ladies.
I bought another pack of maternity sanitary pads yesterday. Just wondering how many maternity pads I will need before I can start using normal sanitary pads again?

Right with my 1st ... I used two packs of maternity pads and then normal night towels for a week and then the bleeding stopped - so had 2 weeks of bleeding and it was light. In fact I may have started to wear normal pads by the end of it?

With my second ... I used 4 packs of maternity pads and about 3-4 packs of night towels for 3 weeks ... I bled a lot heavier after him and was wearing two pads at a time for a few days too (all normal apparently!)

Mediveal as much as I get he wants to keep on top of them I don't envy u! I've lost my nesting buzz and that would just suck IMO!

Sk I just used normal pads tbh! But I didn't bleed heavy! I've only brought one pack of normal pads for the hosp bag this time but I know oh has no prob picking up stuff like that if I need him too! I have a load of boob pads tho and they feel more comfy than pads so ill just shove a hape of them in there if needs be lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->