November Due Dates (cont)

Springer - I know I'm a bit late on this, but the name situation with your MIL is hysterical! Thanks for sharing - I definitely needed that laugh.

As for the talk about hormones & crying... I've been there for the past 3 days. I was out of town this weekend when DH called to cut my trip short. He said I had better get home because my sweet 9 year old pug was having issues and he feared it was the end. I rushed home and she's doing "okay". She can't walk anymore... she's completely unstable. You can see the frustration in her eyes - she wants to move and play so badly, she just can't. Vet says it's likely a central nervous system disease, cancer, or tumor. He said it will quickly progress, however we're giving steroids a shot to see if maybe the cause is inflammation. The diagnostic testing we would need to do to get a clear diagnosis starts at $2500 and goes up to $5000... and that's BEFORE treatment and/or surgery. I'm in a horrible funk greiving for my pup... I've had her since I graduated high school... I can't stand the thought of her not being here to meet our baby boy.

bleh - sorry for the sad sappy post. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Awh springer sorry ye had to leave here, I know we r lucky, in all the time since recession hit here in Ireland, oh's only been put on 3 days once for a month! He has changed employers once since tho but that was to take a full time position. I know we've been luckier (touch wood) than a lotta ppl and I thank god we've been able to keep a float!
Will ye be there for the foreseeable future?

No, it's a temporary move for a short term contract. We think we'll be back home for Christmas as this job will be moving to London after that and even if they want him to stay on we don't really fancy going back to London and then moving between London and Swansea every 6 months for the next few years. Which means he's back to job hunting at home in the new year, so who knows what will happen long term.:shrug:

I'm going to be a big tease now and say that I have a brilliant update to the Spike story but I got my whooping cough jab this morning and my right arm feels half dead, so I'm going to wait 'til I can do it justice.

And I'm so sorry about your dog Mrs.326. I'll keep everything crossed that the steroids work for her.

Sorry to hear about your dog Mrs.326. We have two dogs and I would be so upset if they were poorly. Ill keep everything crossed that the steroids help.

I'm currently lying here on my side having drunk a bottle of lucazade cos I haven't felt baby move much today. Sure it's nothing and its just cos I've been busy doing stuff today and haven't really noticed but guess I just have to wait and see then get in touch with hospital if she still hasn't moved much.

That's awful Mrs :(, I hope the steriods help.

Sorry about your sickness, Lillio! Can the doctor give you anything?

We are all going to be waiting for the update, Springer! :)

Have you done a count MrsBertie?

No they tell us not to bother counting over here and go with pattern of movement instead and tell them if its changed. She's had a couple of little wriggles now and I listened in with Doppler and her heart rate is exactly what it's supposed to be so unless I don't feel anything in the next few hours I'm not gonna worry about it I don't think. I guess she's just getting too big to be as active as she used to be.

Yeah, it turns out SO saw a small bug (thought it might have been a flea) jump on his phone outside at WORK. I know he wouldn't want fleas in the house with the baby, but if we haven't been getting bit, and not seeing anything, I think it's better not to do a full-on home flea treatment just before the baby gets here. Besides, it's getting cool outside and that is supposed to kill them off anyways.

Hoping for the best with your dog, Mrs. 326!

Awh ur poor dog mrs! Thinking of him!

Springer that's good that ye get to come home! Also can't wait to hear the rest of spikes story lol

Mrs hope she thumps soon!

Mediveal glad u don't have to do a big clean out again!

AFM I feel odd! Have a lot of crampyness in my back, my bump feels like its constantly in a big bh, I'm exhausted and feel like I'm walking... Weird ha! Glad I've my drs appt tomorrow ill say it to them there. It's only hit me properly in the last hour but its def not from doing stuff cause I have barely moved all day!

Springer shame on you for holding out on us :haha:

Mrs :hugs: your post made me a bit emotional :cry: I hope puppy love pulls through whatever is going on.

Student loan check is not coming today since yesterday was a holiday :growlmad: stupid federal people taking holidays off so now my money is delayed one to two days. Guess I will be shopping this weekend.

Lunch with my girlfriend was yummy and fun!! Always good to catch up.
Really wishing I could have a nap, but now its about time to get the DS from school. Sigh, looks like early to bed it is!

Mrs.326, I hope your dog will be fine! Poor pup. :(

MrsBertie, are the movements back to their regular schedule already? I do agree, though, that at this stage, they can't move as much or the same way they used to, though.

I'm tired again, I suppose I'm paying for the parts of night during which I was wide awake. We're having our last childbirth class at our house tonight and I'm looking forward to it!

I had my massage last night and I think I liked it.

Springer .... that is very mean of you!!! A half dead arm is NO excuse to hold out on us :haha:

Hmmmm think I've my priorities wrong... During dtd I goes to him 'can u feel a head yet ?!!' His face lol I didn't mean it in a pervy way... Just in a I wonder if she's engaged way lol then after he came I prob made the situation worse... Told him he was a few weeks early but hell if his cum will help my cervix I won't say no!!!

Ill be lucky if I get it again freaking him out like that lol

I love scones! I was just reading on how to make lemon curd, it suggested eating it on scones, I was really really tempted to bake some...
What I really love is cheese scones with jam :D

I've not checked in with this thread today yet, but good thing because now I'm drooling. mmm. lemon curd? cheese scones with jam? What are you trying to do to me?? lol!!

Hope you're all doing well. How are you feeling, phin, still lots of BH? Hope they settled out for you. Had a bunch when I first sat down for the evening, but they've sorted now I guess. That's good, tired of these unproductive contractions! :p Even without them I am feeling menstrual crampy. Yesterday had a bit more than usual discharge, but today not. Baby's been crazy busy, but guess he's napping now, good thing 'cause it makes me tired when he's moving about for many minutes!

Momma he wouldn't go fully in after that just in case he did lol I kinda forced him in at the end tho (hey what good is the cum if it doesn't reach the cervix lol) but he didn't wait round for too long to see if he could feel lol! I kinda forget sometimes he's not bnb and although I can tell him all this stuff... I prob should pick my place a lil better lol

Oh so bh finally eased up, back aches like crazy tho. I got bugger all sleep cause I had crazy dreams! I think oh and I were talking to each other in our sleep... Either that or I dreamed we were lol def had some lightening crotch all night but at this stage ill just add it to the list!

Lemon curd?? Yuck lol now a jam doughnut.... Ohhhh yumm lol

Phin you make me laugh lol!

So sorry about the doggy tho :(

I neeeeed a spike story update and it reminded me in going for my whooping cough injection later today... boooooh!

On another note I feel like crap, so tired but really unsettled too...don't like it xx

Anyone else had the flu jab and felt really crappy the day after? That and my arm feels like it's been punched repeatedly :(

:haha: Phin you're hilarious! LOVE reading your posts on here because it always brings a little giggle and smile to my face lol Your poor OH - he's not traumatised for life ;)

Lol thanks girls unfortunately for oh I'm not making it up lol

Charlie he 'punished' me in a diff way... Left me covered in hickeys, I'm like a horny schoolgirl going round he left my neck so bad lol were the type of couple tho who can be on the fone to our parents during dtd and not let it stop us ha (all my friends now know to just ignore the noises pahahaha)

but cause he avoids putting his hands on bump during dtd I think this time I went just a tad too far lol ah well!

Still waiting in the clinic... Literally the last person here! Was talking to a girl here tho for the last 2 hours so suppose I can't complain, I got a giggle!

Charlie - I always feel a little off after getting my flu shot... it lasted for about 3 days, but after that I was fine.

So tired today! I could fall asleep on my desk if only I could lay my head down :haha:

Ok, so part two of the Spike saga.

A little background first. According to my husband his family operates by a diagonal communication system. So if his mum really wants to ask him something she doesn't just call him up and ask him. She'll call his sister, get her to find out and then let her know. It's why my husband suspected that his sister's baby name question at our last dinner together was asked at his mum's behest. So he wasn't too surprised to get a call from his sister on Monday evening, nor that she opened with, "I'm calling about Spikegate."

My husband started laughing and asked what had happened and was told that his mum had spoken to his sister and was really upset about the name. Apparently she even hates Spike Milligan and doesn't know why anyone would call their child after him. And they both laughed when he told her about his mum's suggestion that we give the baby the dog's name instead, as his sister hadn't heard that part of the story. His sister then said that their dad is convinced it's a joke, which we'd guessed. He was about to say something about not being able to fool him when his sister assured him she thinks Spike is a cool name and she would work on their parents!

He was a bit in shock, he'd assumed his sister had also figured out it was a joke and at first he wasn't sure what to say. His sister then went on to ask if I was very upset by their mum's reaction to the name we had chosen. My evil husband decided to keep the joke going and told her I was, especially by his mum saying she couldn't possibly tell her friends that name. His sister had also not heard that part and was appalled on our behalf!

He can't stop laughing whenever he thinks about it and tbh, neither can I. I think it might be time to come clean and admit it's a joke but my husband is determined to let it run a while longer so there will probably be further updates in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->