November Due Dates (cont)

And his mom and stepdad are coming to visit next weekend, so the guest room has to get fixed up and pronto! It still has a bunch of stuff in it from when SO's best guy friend stayed with us for a few months after losing his job so it needs a LOT of work in 4 days.

So I hope I discover a nesting urge!!

I'm nervous about bringing it up since he obviously doesn't want to talk about it. Avoiding conflict or heavy conversations is something that I overdo. I guess we all have things we need to work on huh? I did tell him today that it would be nice if he talked to someone about his anxiety because I don't want him to worry himself into an early grave or anything.

That's a good way to put it, shows him that you're not nagging or anything, you just really care about him. :hugs: You're right too, every couple has their little quirks & issues! He may ease off being so overprotective of your daughter once he has 2 to worry about though.

Perhaps you could suggest counselling of some sort that includes you, as well? Sometimes it's just easier to get things going that way, too.

There are no maternity pads here, it seems, or at least I have no clue where I would find them. The hospital will provide me with as many as I need during my stay, but once I leave, I assume, I'm supposed to figure things out on my own. I have a whole stack of overnight pads by Kotex, so that should work. Or so I hope. I'll get some waterproof protective pads for my bed, as well, to make sure I don't have to wash the bedding on a daily basis.

I had such a job finding maternity pads! There were none in the town I live in, had to go to Edinburgh to get them (which isn't a big deal- I work there anyway). I bought 2 packs of 12 maternity pads & have a jumbo pack of Always maxi night pads too. I hope I don't need so many, but only time will tell!

Oh yeah, the nursery is just across the hall, not far at all.

My hospital provides maternity pads and sends me home with a bunch. I use sanitary pads after that.

Ugh, SO has just announced to me that he thinks we need to spray the house/yard for fleas again. We have two big dogs, and had to have a special spray of the house this summer BEYOND what he normally does because of the drought where we live (it made it a really bad year for fleas). He just texted me to say that I am going to have to wash EVERY item of clothing in the house afterwards (just finished washing and organizing all baby's clothes, of course) and then vaccuum 2x a day for 2 weeks.

I haven't seen ANY fleas inside so I don't know what brought this on, but the prospect of washing every item of clothing and bedding in the house does not fill me with excitement, but I guess I can't fault him wanting to make sure there's not a single flea in the house.

I would not be cool with this, personally, especially if there isn't a dire problem. If you haven't noticed it, how bad can it be?? I say treat the dogs and then put some chemical on them (goes on back of neck) and keep on top of cleaning the house. If there is carpet, I think they have powders you can put so there are no volatile chemicals. I just can't see spraying the house with chemicals mere weeks before baby comes home, and really, baby could come home anytime! GL to you, whatever you do.

Oh my! I have a very bruised vag feeling and like a very heavy lump in it... Think I can safely say baby's engaged... Here's hoping he stays that way, although I'm def gonna be walking funny today! Up since early been having odd dreams bout my oh and fb??!!! He was letting me read all his mail and wow he knows some weirdos lol the messages were just odd (woke up hoping I hadn't stole his fone lol) and lotta them were bout second hand baby blankets... Ehhh ye lol

I'm starving think I can safely say I found my appetite!

Put the first lot of newborn/teeny tiny sized clothes in the washer just now... and am getting all emotional about what it means. It's really coming home now, baby soon!

Med: treat the dogs, sprinkle and hoover the carpets, steam the curtains, mattresses and soft furnishings where they are - that will do if there is no visible infestation and will be less hassle for you, better for you and baby (chemicals) and should be enough for your OH to be satisfied. Best of luck!

I agree, I'd start with the dogs and if they show no signs of fleas, there is probably nothing elsewhere in the house either.

I have to make an appointment one of these days to bring our cat in and see if she's all fine and dandy. Her annual checkup is usually after thanksgiving (vaccinations, etc), but I want them to test for parasites and to clip her nails before the baby comes.

Technically, I can do the nails part myself (we trim them only occasionally, since she has a huge cat tree she climbs on and doesn't scratch our furniture, or us), but I'll have her hate them instead of me. Just in case. :lol:

It's 3:30, bleh, and I'm up. Slept for a while, got up to use the bathroom, failed to fall back to sleep. My husband was snoring, but I think my main issue was the fact I was hungry.

I can't believe someone's already had their baby! I really want her to be here now, just can't wait to meet her. But the house is still a state and there's a fair few things I want to get sorted before she arrives. I kinda want to still have stuff to do cos then she will prob arrive rather than getting everything done and being bored just waiting around, but I think being able to access all the rooms in the house is a necessity!
I was the latest due date from my NCT class so it's not a surprise they are all having their babies, but its very exciting that people from here are popping :)

Yeah, Medieval just do an advantage or something on their neck. It should be enough if you haven't even seen fleas.

I had problems finding pads too, I have some Always nights, but I miss my brand that I get in NZ :'(. Anyway, Apparently there is some maternity pad you can get from DM that is unmarked as maternity, but is for maternity... :shrug:. So If i need some I'll send DH out to get some...

MrsB and any one else due the 1st.... Yer term tomorro... Wow! That's crazy!

Jaz I woke starving too! Just to find summat nice to eat now!

Sounds like hunger is waking us all up :haha:

I've been up since 5. Layed in bed until 5:30 until the craving for a bagel won and I got up and made one.

Today I am eagerly awaiting my student loan check :happydance: Once I get that text that the money has hit my account, I can finish the last of the things I need for my hospital bag, get my breast pump, and can get my rocker/recliner!! I have been waiting for the money for a month now and am excited like a kid on christmas morning!!

Today I am meeting my best friend for lunch. We are both so busy that we try and do this once a month and it dawned on me this might be the last time we meet for awhile since baby is coming. Kind of sad.

Anyways I am off to do laundry, might as well take advantage of being up so early.

Awh momma delighted its finally time for ur cheque! Enjoy finishing getting ur last pieces! Also enjoy ur lunch, I realised last night ill prob only be in my parents once more before baby's born... Kinda weird ha!

Also I made myself a scone... Was kinda yummy :)

I love scones! I was just reading on how to make lemon curd, it suggested eating it on scones, I was really really tempted to bake some...
What I really love is cheese scones with jam :D

I had choc spread.... Yumm lol prob the most unhealthy of us all but I only eat chic spread on scones, and I only have them once in a blue moon so it's allowed!! Lol

mmmmmmh food! Haven't eaten anything proper in days... stupid hyperemesis! I live on cereal :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->