November Due Dates (cont)

I was aiming for a water birth, but have been advised against because baby is on the large side and the water might buoy him up when he needs help to be headed down... but we shall see.

They don't have the facility for water birth at the hospital I'm going to.

MommaB if it were really worrying they would have asked you to come in immediately, I'd guess he had intended to bring you back but forgot to sort it out before you left.

Phin I hope you feel better soon doesn't sound like much fun but at least you know your body is getting ready. I'm starting to get very jealous of everyone who seems to be progressing, I just so want her to be here now!!

Welcome Electra - I too am due on 3 Nov! I am hoping for a water birth but will have to wait and see if I'm allowed to attempt a natural birth to start with and then to see if the birth pool is available when I go into labour. The doc's and MW's want me to be on the consultant led unit and they only have 1 pool available there, but have been told that there is a stand by pool too.
So FXed I get my water birth!

I know some hospitals here in the States don't do it for insurance reasons. My mom's hospital used to let women labor (not actually give birth) in a pool, but they don't even let them do that anymore.

All is good ladies :thumbup:

Since we had the episode on wednesday with the decreased fetal movement, Morgan just barley passed the NST they gave me that night is what I found out. And since im so close to d-day, the docs have decided they want me in twice a week now for NST's. So im now seeing them twice a week to keep an eye on her.

Thank you all for the support :hugs: It really means alot to me!!

:hugs: mommab!! She'll be fine and now they're keeping such a close eye on you both if anything was to start going wrong it will be noticed straight away

Hiya! wow, its been quiet in here today. Have you all popped? hows everyone coping, not long now. On the count down two weeks to go and I have started with the old wife tales, bouncing on the ball etc. Anyone else?? :happydance:

I was thinking it had been quiet as well. No popping here yet! And yes I am bouncing on my ball and doing long walks etc. :)

On weekdays, the Facebook group is, for the majority of my day, pretty much off limits for me, so... bleh. :(

I guess I get to deal with the deadness over here (or on badgerella.com for that matter, too!) It's impossible to keep track of Facebook chatter on one's phone, unfortunately and when I get home and there are double digits of new statuses and comments, I can't really catch up so I seldomly post when/if I actually notice something new.

No water birth options at my hospital, but I am allowed to use the bathroom tub and shower for whatever I want it. They do prevent you from using it once your water breaks, but I guess a waiver can be signed for that one, too.

Sorry Jaz! We get a little too talky!

Guess I should add here that I found out a few minutes ago that my test came back saying I do have a UTI. I have to go in a few (ah, the cries of a child waking from her nap!) and get my macrobid prescription along with some cranberry juice. Lovely.

I was wondering where this thread had gone, and I just found it now! Missed seeing/participating in the daily chats, ladies! :)

I can't believe I'm 38 weeks pregnant. I have not had one Braxton-Hicks contraction. I have not lost any mucus plug. I am not leaking anything from my nipples. I'm not even that big (and I definitely have never had anyone in public say "oh, when are you due?" or even indicate I am pregnant. Downside and upside I guess.)

I don't feel prepared, my emotions are out of whack because I am feeling SO insecure about myself, my relationship, my life...everything right now. As someone who suffered from bad anxiety and mild depression BEFORE pregnancy (and was on medication), and now have gone this pregnant journey with NO meds, the hormonal imbalances are really getting me quite depressed, I hate to say :(

I also read an article just the other day that women's stress hormones rise 2-3x in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy. It says if you had high levels beforehand, this increase can cause debilitating anxiety.

It is, for me. I feel completely worthless, stupid, no support, I get insecure with my boyfriend of 4 1/2 years and right now he is having the WORST time at his work (commission based), and he's quitting smoking with a medication aid so his emotions are all over the place.

I feel like I have absolutely no one to talk to. At all. And why bother? No one cares.

I feel like I'm sinking into a pre-natal depression and it worries me. I should talk to my doula about it, but I don't want her thinking I'm just whining.

:( Does anyone else feel quite anxious and/or depressed?

AK :hugs:

As someone who's sufferd from CD/PPD/anxiety disorder you are not alone hun. What you feel is totally normal and you really should talk to someone.
I mean you have us here and we are all ears (eyes) but nothing beats face to face with someone you trust. Once baby is here you can get back on your meds (some are safe if BF) and keep getting the support you need and whatever you do, dont stay silent about it. Your own mind when suffering can be your worst enemy, so let it out!!! :hugs:

AK, everything that MommaBarry said. Definitely talk to someone about it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->