• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Due Dates (cont)

woohoo congrats mommaB!! im so happy for you and your family.
cant wait to see pictures!

My husband appointed himself in charge of labour snacks and asked me what I wanted. Some cereal bars, maybe some savoury crackers and some Lucozade were my suggestions. He went shopping yesterday and there are now five full to the brim shopping bags of food sitting in the livingroom to see me through labour. It think he has confused giving birth and riding out the apocalypse.:dohh:

Omg, :lol: Springer!

Speaking of which, I should probably go get some Gatorade and similar junk, just in case. I'll put it on my today's shopping list (that's in case I go shopping in the first place, haha).

Wandering, good luck!

He was in the sitting-room packing up what he bought and told me he might have overdone it a bit with the shopping and I said it was fine. If we don't eat it all, it'll good to be stocked up on snacks for when we're home with the baby. Then I went into the room and saw all the bags! I can't imagine what the midwives faces will be like when they see it all. Especially bearing in mind that the plan is to do early labour at home, go to the birth centre for what will hopefully be the last few hours. Have a sleep, get some help with breastfeeding if I need it and be home again about 8 hours after the birth.

https://i46.tinypic.com/vy64bb.jpg
My snacks. The best part is. He forgot the savoury crackers.:rofl:

Hahhaa. Aww. He did good!

Interesting the different snacks in different areas of the world. The haribo, water, and toblerone are the only things I know we can get in a grocery store here. You will be thankful for the snacks after as well. :haha:

Alpro soy drink? Am I seeing it right? Omg I miss the damn thing so damn much.

LOL Springer that's brilliant. We've ust been grabbing a few things everynow and then when we go shopping. OH has bought wine gums etc but someone keeps eating them :blush: (mostly cos they have just been sitting in a cupboard as I haven't bothered putting them in the hospital bag yet).

Good luck wandering! It feels like its all happening now I guess the early Nov ladies will all start poping now fingers crossed anyway :happydance:

Alpro soy drink? Am I seeing it right? Omg I miss the damn thing so damn much.

It's actually their new hazelnut drink (uht). And next to it is a box of one cup coffee filters (decaff) so he can make me hazelnut lattes. He is ridiculously sweet.

Good effort from your OH springer! I too have been picking up bits and bobs when ive been shopping. I've had to put them straight in the hospital bag though as if OH sees them thy wont last five mins. We are unable to have snacks in our house for that very reason! X

While I'm at it. Spikegate 3. The messy final chapter.

A few days after talking to his sister his parents called him and asked if we were really going to call the baby Spike. He told them that we were, we loved the name and that was that. They sadly agreed that it was our decision but reiterated that they didn't like it. I thought they sounded a bit sad and we should put them out of their misery but my husband wanted to continue, saying it was revenge for the fireflies, a practical joke his dad played on him the first time he saw fireflies. He was about 8 and was in awe of them but his dad got everyone to pretend no-one else could see anything.

A couple of days later we got a message from his sister saying that his mum had decided that if we called the baby Spike, she was calling him Alan. Apparently she looked up Spike Milligan's real name, which is Terence Alan Patrick Seán Milligan, and picked the name she liked best from that.

But then the big 'catastrophe' happened. We're not sure of the exact events but we suspect the fact that Spike is not a Christian name brought up the issue of baptism, as the priest would surely refuse to christen a baby, Spike. In Ireland it's pretty much expected that all babies are baptised Catholic, in fact as 92% of our school places are offered through Catholic patronised schools it can be really hard to get a school place for a non-Catholic child. So despite the fact that almost nobody in our age demographic practices the religion, there is no question of whether you baptise or not. You just do it.

His parents might have suspected that we wouldn't want to baptise as we had a civil wedding (still very unusual) but as his sister had twins a few months ago, we think their plan was to organise a triple baptism over Christmas that we'd 'have' to go along with. So on the same visit that she told his sister she was going to call our baby Alan, she told her to organise a meeting with the priest about the baptism. This was a moment I think his sister had been dreading as she and her husband have also decided not to baptise.

Apparently they were absolutely devastated and his mum was ready to cancel Christmas. I can imagine it was really gutting for her. She'd have had a great time as three times granny at a triple baptism, she would have hoped she could talk her youngest son over from Canada for the event and we would have had to pick a more suitable name. Instead she gets three heathen grandchildren, one with a stupid name. So in pity we decided to come clean. My husband skyped them and his dad answered after he got them both on the screen he asked them if the remembered the fireflies. His dad immediately started guffawing and saying that was a great joke. Well, said my husband, It took a while but I've got you back. His dad looked confused and my husband told him that of course we weren't calling the baby Spike.

The celebration was immense. Both his parents were absolutely over the moon. His dad kept saying it was such a big relief and that his mother would finally get some sleep as she'd been so upset she hadn't been able to sleep for two weeks. His mum came on and just kept thanking him over and over again for not choosing Spike. I don't think she could take it in that we were never going to call him that in the first place. I can't really describe just how happy they both were, his mum in particular. If I'd known just how upset she'd been about it for so long I'd have broken the first night and come clean. But I guess the best bit is that now they know we aren't calling him Spike, the disappointment about the non-baptisms is much less than it would otherwise have been.

The last bit is a bit surreal. My s-i-l called my husband the day after and said she'd worked it out and knew we were double-bluffing, the fireflies gave it away. My husband was all confused as to what she meant but she explained that Spike is a character on a Joss Whedon show and there is also a Whedon show called Firefly, so obviously we really did want to call the baby Spike!

Hahaha the firefly thing sounds hilarious :D
And the snacks look delicious!! :)

Awww, sad to see the end of spike :(!

Loved chapter 3 of spikegate! Can't believe he managed to keep it going for that long I would never have managed it- sooo funny. Glad she's able to sleep again now though and very odd ending with the SIL.

Oh and sorry for being so self absorbed today. A big congrats to MommaB and good luck to Wandering!

:hugs: Congrats to MommaB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think my hospital bag is nearly packed. I have several different sizes of outfits for my baby girl, a couple blankets, a swaddling blanket, and, for me, a couple old pairs of old underpants, sweat pants and a T-shirt, breastfeeding pads, leakage pads, hair ties, and portable DVD player.

At the last minute I'll have to put in toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, whichever library books I'm reading, and cell phone charger.

What am I missing?!?!?! :help:

Well, I think my hospital bag is nearly packed. I have several different sizes of outfits for my baby girl, a couple blankets, a swaddling blanket, and, for me, a couple old pairs of old underpants, sweat pants and a T-shirt, breastfeeding pads, leakage pads, hair ties, and portable DVD player.

At the last minute I'll have to put in toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, whichever library books I'm reading, and cell phone charger.

Pjs?
Pillow from home, snacks maybe, slippers, socks :), maternity bras,

Depending on what your hospital offers, you might want to pack a changing bag for littlest, including diapers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->